[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Sapphire / Rutile Ruby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1280x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1280x365
So ive been here for a few years and i havent seen a thread on these bad boys. Is that just cause /vp/ are too plebian to buy OOT and run homebrew?
Anyhow, I'm 4 hours into Star Sapphire and i just got my shit handed to me by Roxxanne. Anyone else get totally screwed hard trying to play this game? The challenge is really exciting
>>
>>26216612
I've only done Sinking Sapphire so far
after I finish Wilting Y I intend to try Rutile Ruby
>>
>>26216612
Could you maybe explain what these are anon
>>
>>26216651
Difficulty hacks for ORAS, to play them you need either CFW or Homebrew
>>
>>26216651
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46315-Pok%E9mon-Rutile-Ruby-and-Star-Sapphire-v2-0-Updated-with-new-Wild-Encounter-options!-New-Video-Install-Guide!
>>
>>26216672
Sounds like fun, now only if I could get homebrew on my 3ds
>>
>>26216679
thank ya /vp/ bro
>>
>>26216707
Loads of gamestops have Cubic Ninja due to a reprint, if you have one near you check if it has one. If you get your hands on it, head over to >>>/vg/hbg/
>>
Meme Ruby is a better hack desu
>>
>>26216783
There's a meme ruby now? I only knew of meme sapphire
>>
>>26216707
>>26216769
You can just buy ocarina of time, and use a powersaves to put oothax on it, i did that and i am running 10.7.2 v32 and i am running a NASA installed CIA of alpha sapphire and i just pop in OOT to play star sapphire
>>
>>26216816
Woops, you're right.
>>
>>26216829
As for me, I just did a system transfer from my original 3DS to my N3DS when it came out and kept my original 3DS on 9.5 forever, so I can still use Browserhax
>>
>>26216612
>>26216639
This. I'm playing Sinking Sapphire, since it's Drayano and I like his work. I'm not sure what the incentive of Rutile and Star is other than a difficulty spike, which Sinking has.
>>
>>26216865
from what I understand, Rutile and Star has a different curve, while in Rising and Sinking I recall the E4 being in the 70s, Rutile and Star have them in the 100s by the looks of it
>>
>>26216892
Yep. Gym leaders have 6 mons, all trainers have more mons, greater variety, and better strategy
>>
>>26217217
Can you rematch gym leaders? And play online as well (I guess not)
>>
>>26217249
You can trade and battle over wifi, and you can load the game from your normal launcher and it wont use the hax, and you can update it and all the mons are legal, assuming you use the "legit" build
>>
Pokemon Meme Sapphire with Busty May mod, on Mega:

#!0UISCKAC!lSS40wFOx2LTUW0TofBl01I8UBJulTqk70cRLmmX4vA

took a surprising amount of time and system memory to get the repack done
>>
>>26216769
I'm fresh outta money anon, I have oot but I need to snag powersaves whenever I can
>>
>>26217364
You can busty may mod with star/rutile too
>>
>>26217378
I grabbed it off amazon for like $8
>>
>>26217439
well dang, with this fresh in my mind I oughta get this mod working in Rutile, Rising, and plain OR/AS, the major versions I know of without their own pre-patched CIAs
>>
File: 1459660590136.png (370 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
1459660590136.png
370 KB, 600x706
I started with star sapphire, because I hear the original alpha sapphire was too easy, but I uninstalled about a hour in, and installed the regular version

biggest reason being I just didn't like the out of region pokemon being available at the start, for my first playthrough of AS at least

does anyone know if anyone is working on a romhack to remake emerald? Or at least add some emerald stuff, or put missing content back in?

I assume it wont happen for a few years
>>
>>26217568
I understand. Ive already played ORAS both thru 3 or 4 times each so i was stoked on the new variety
>>
>>26217568
We'd need to crack how to add new save flags and make custom scripts before we can do that.
>>
>>26217568
Yeah I had already beaten Omega Ruby when I played Sinking Sapphire, I feel like you should always play the vanilla game atleast once before playing a difficulty/variety hack.

Anyways, anyone have a link to meme sapphire that works with HANS without the busty may? I tried googling it but I could only find one of those files that needs CFW, and I lost the link to a pastebin that had it. I intend to play it after Rutile Ruby to see which of the three I prefer.
>>
>>26218013
OP here, I second this, although i really dont mind if it has busty may, ive never used that mod before but who doesnt like nice titties
>>
>>26217364
Hey anon
Can i install this alongside a normal CIA install of Alpha Sapphire, or will it mess it up?
I cant find much documentation on meme sapphire
>>
>>26217364

>>26219722 here

Shameless bump
Any further documentation on Meme Sapphire?

I am interested in playing this curious mashup of sinking/star but i dont want to get rid of my current digital installation of alpha sapphire, can they be installed side by side?
>>
>>26216612
You haven't seen a thread because they came out a year ago, and almost everybody interested has already picked up CFW or homebrew and played them.
>>26217568
Not possible until it becomes possible to edit the .cro files. Battle Frontier though, give up on that. Would take a madman to make it happen.
>>
>>26221004
Yeah but its not like there arent a billion other threads dedicated to shit romhacks
Do people just not really like these? Im just confused as to why theres not constantly a stream of stuff about gen6 romhacks too instead of just previous gens
>>
http://pastebin.com/0VB0v7Hc
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet but here ya go
>>
>>26221270
yo thanks that's the pastebin I lost
>>
>>26221270
Thanks for that, good info
>>
>>26221246
Other romhacks are more accessible. Anybody with a toaster or a half-decent phone can pick up the gen 3 hacks. There's also only four gen 6 romhacks: Rutile/Star, Rising/Sinking, NeoXY, and Eternal X/Wilting Y.
>>
>>26221436
Early gen romhacks are literally my moms burnt toast
>>
>>26221436
And it makes me sad, I'm so tired of gen 3 hacks, especially the original story types that could be better if they just used RPG Maker instead.

Though, since we're already able to make and use pokemon hacks on the 3DS, at least this means gen 7 hacks will come relatively quickly.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.