[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What 30 million bucks will get you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: PokemonGO3.png (433 KB, 500x857) Image search: [Google]
PokemonGO3.png
433 KB, 500x857
>The Pokémon Company, Google and Nintendo invest $30 million in Niantic, Inc to make Pokemon Go
>Autistic sheeple think they'll make their dream game, soil their pants

Half a year later, what is the result?
-A basic reskin of Niantic's other mobile game (who didn't see that coming?)
-No battling against wild pokemon
-No PvP battling
-No turn based battling period, pokemon only have 2 pre-determined moves
-Pokemon don't have levels and can't be trained, once you catch a stronger one you discard the weaker pokemon
-Pokemon only have one stat
-No pokemon nicknames
-Gen 1 only
-Pokemon evolve by catching dozens of the same one and releasing them
-You leave your pokemon at forts/gyms where they auto-defend until they're knocked out
-Revives are rare item finds but you can of course buy them as in app purchases.

This is what 30 million will get you as far as mobile game development goes. Hope you weren't expecting much!
>>
>>26216409
>having high hopes for a fucking mobage
I still don't get why people do this
Mobile market is the Atari of our generation
>>
Honestly, I'm so glad this is bombing. It's not only going to kill Niantic, but it'll scare Nintendo away from the Mobile Market so bad, maybe Game Freak will finally lose the M-MUH SMARTPHONE GENERATION mentality and actually go back to their old design ethics.
>>
>Op thinks that this game was to make us happy

NOPE, this was made to grab our cash
>>
>>26216409
How is it that Digimon Linkz is so much better than this? Holy shit.

Also is Niantics western or jap based?
>>
File: UHH.jpg (24 KB, 343x246) Image search: [Google]
UHH.jpg
24 KB, 343x246
>>26216409
For a company that's so stringent about what can and cannot be done with their IPs--see the marketing guide for Pokemon for third parties--it blows my mind that Nintendo is ok with launching a game that fucks up so MANY fundamental basics of the franchise.

Like I get you have to alter a few things to make it appealing to the mobile crowd but

>Pokemon evolve by catching dozens of the same one and releasing them

????????????????????????????
>>
>>26216432
Pure fantasy.
>>
>>26216430
>>26216432
>being this delusional

Face the facts. Mobile gaming market is killing handheld gaming market. That's the whole reason Nintendo got into mobile in the first place. It's attacking their revenue so they need to infiltrate it and market themselves from within.

Just because it doesn't play like your normal mainline Pokémon games doesn't make it any less of a game. This is going to be HUGE with the even bigger Normietendo 64 people and adults as well, people around the world who can only think of Pikachu when asked about Pokémon.

This isn't marketed towards you and it's not going to bomb. Stop acting like spoiled fucking children from GameFAQs and grow the fuck up.
>>
>>26216432
>implying Game Freak won't use it as an excuse to further dumb down the main series games
>>26216451
We already had cash grabs though. They were called ORAS.
>>
>>26216545
You think they're going to stop at ORAS?
>>
>>26216507
>being this fucking mad
>>
>>26216566
Why would they? Pokémon "fans" eat up everything that pushes classic popular mons, which is likely what Sun and Moon will do.
>>26216654
I bet he lost an argument on GameFaqs lol
>>
File: 1462728447789.png (93 KB, 304x288) Image search: [Google]
1462728447789.png
93 KB, 304x288
>Pikachu hatches from an egg
>>
>People actually expected Go anything but simplistic mobile crap
O i am laffn
>>
>>26216507
Stop being so mad, you fucking loser.
>>
>>26216409
So...This is the power...Of the Iphone...Wow
>>
File: objectionsintensify.gif (179 KB, 290x384) Image search: [Google]
objectionsintensify.gif
179 KB, 290x384
>>26216409
>-No battling against wild pokemon
>-No PvP battling
What the fuck is even the point of the game then? Who are you even fighting? NPCs? Or do you even get to battle at all?
>>
>>26216482
It happened because Tsunekazu Ishihara was an Ingressfag. Nothing more.

The absolute madmen wanted this.
>>
>>26217123
It's a turf war competition identical to Ingress, but you 'battle' by tapping and swiping on your phone against cpus.
>>
>>26216507
> Mobile gaming market is killing handheld gaming market.

This is the only correct thing in your entire post. It doesn't matter whether this shitty app flops or succeeds, handhelds are rapidly approaching their rightful death.
>>
>>26216409
This sounds about the least fun thing ever. Legit laughing now at all the genwunners creaming themselves over that dumb trailer thinking it's gonna be like Pokemon but in real life.
>>
>>26218825
They're still gonna jump on the game if the pre-release marketing is done well (which it will be). I'm expecting it's gonna hit some kind of a record in app downloads in the first 24 hours, but a week after only about a 1/4th of the playerbase will be active at best.
>>
>>26216499

No, THIS is pure fantasy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs
>>
>expecting premium mechanics from a free mobile game
Nobody should be the least bit surprised that it's shit.
>>
>>26216432
>>26216482

>TPCi =/= Nintendo

Miitomos is Nintendos first mobile game, and fire emblem and animal crossing will be the second and third

this shit is another story
>>
Gamefreak should have followed in the footsteps of Puzzles & Dragons and One piece Treasure Cruise
>>
File: 1415904330482.png (550 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1415904330482.png
550 KB, 800x450
>Niantic
>me saying it's gonna be a shitty Ingress clone
>mfw it is a shitty Ingress clone

I honestly don't know what anyone else was expecting.
>>
File: FUCKING PISSED.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING PISSED.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>26216409
>Gen 1 only
i hate all of the stuff you mentioned earlier like battles being a mess and leveling a shit BUT THIS BEING GEN 1 IS THE THING THAT TTTTTTTRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGEEEEERRRRRRRSSSS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THEEEEEEE MOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26219178
Nintendo really should have partnered with a game developer that has a track record of more than one game, to make sure that said developer knows how to make something more than just copies of their one lame game.
>>
>>26216432
"No! It clearly failed because we didn't simplify it ENOUGH!"
>>
>no bullshit like newer games, just me and my charizard spamming hyper beam lool

you realize that this is genwunners/normies dream come tru OP?
>>
If they wanted to jerk off the genwun hipster "wears Pokemon t-shirts to their job at a tattoo parlor" crowd, they could have done a way better job than this
>Release FireRed and LeafGreen on Android/iOS
>Use the shitty Augmented Reality tech to make a mobile Pokemon Snap
ez pz
>>
File: 1453683445050.jpg (35 KB, 500x740) Image search: [Google]
1453683445050.jpg
35 KB, 500x740
Honestly I wouldn't call Niantic a note worthy mobile "game" developer. Yeah they made Ingress but Ingress is a all User Interface video game based on Google maps to which the founder of Niantic worked on himself.

Also said founder while having worked on a game in the 90's isn't really himself a game designer (he was a game producer on a 3DO mmo) and is more a business/ management person by trade.

When you combine this with Gamefreak who are not necessarily the most tech savy game developers in the industry it's little surprise that Pokemon Go comes out looking like this.

Honestly this seems like more of an expensive excuse for Nintendo and Google (both primary supporters of Gamefreak and Niantic) to develop a more in-depth relationship business wise.

Sadly everyone got excited over nothing as this collaboration is more than likely a mismatch of experience on both ends.

Maybe the Animal Crossing mobile app will turn out better.
>>
>>26216464
This. Digimon links is based and all of you should try it
>>
I'm going to kill myself
>>
File: sweaty_v_l0.png (84 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
sweaty_v_l0.png
84 KB, 400x292
>>26219413
>Maybe the Animal Crossing mobile app will turn out better.

>Literally Wild World: Mobile
>No holidays
>Horrible graphics
>Monotonous and uninspired soundtrack
>Reduced item and villager count

Oh and..Instead of asking you to upgrade your home with only bells, Nook now accepts real money! And good luck paying with anything but, because fish and insects now net a mere 1 - 5 bells each. And your mortgage? Yeah, you still have to pay those outrageous multi-ten thousand starter payments. And that's not counting the 500,000+ payments for later upgrades. Good luck! You're probably going to need to succumb and buy those "1,000 bells for $1.000" packages, or maybe the "250,000 bells for $100" super-package? heh.
>>
The salt in this thread is amazing. You guys were angry since you knew the name and nothing else.

The game could have all the pokemon, pvp fighting exactly like a main game, come with free blowjobs, and you'd still complain. It's amazing.
>>
>>26221846
That's /vp/ for you. Even if it's good, it's shit.
>>
Oh. What this actually a thing? I forgot all about it
>>
>>26216545
And red and blue rerelease....
>>
>>26219859
>Literally Wild World: Mobile
Better than what I expected.
>>
>>26216482
The Rumble series does this in Blast. Trade in 10 Pokemon -> get an upgrade
>>
>Final Fantasy Record Keeper
>all classic stats, ATK, DEF, MAG, RES, EVA, ACC, & obviously HP
>over a hundred characters
>hundreds of sprites, many with numerous animations
>hundreds of abilities (200+)
>hundreds of pieces of equipment, large majority of them having unique sprites, small amount being recolors or slight alterations
>every equipment has unique stats, majority offers a unique ability with a unique animation
>minor customization of equipment, stats, abilities, and passive bonuses
>over a hundred pieces of music - entire songs from each mainline game
>more content added each week, along with livestreams showcasing and talking about upcoming new content
All made by a fucking mobile company alone, not Square Enix.

>Pokemon Go
>...
>>
>>26222066
It's as if people would rather the standard no evolutions, fuck you, just catch the evolutions
>>
>he thinks this app was made for us

Its kinda like how Sony makes Uncharted for the normies but still snags Bloodborne for the core players. Keeping phone faggots off of Nintendo's handhelds is a good thing. Nintendo's whole "hurr durr we'll make them drop their phones and get a 3DS for games" or whatever isn't, nor will it ever, fucking work.
>>
>>26219413
>When you combine this with Gamefreak
Gamefreak has no part or say in this game at all, sadly. It really just Niantic licensing the pokemon brand for their game from Nintento/TPC. The reason why it has none of the features that most people associate with Pokemon games is that nobody involved in the making of this has any knowledge of pokemon beyond "catch them all!" and whatever glossary they were provided by Nintendo.
>>
>>26221846
>You guys were angry since you knew the name and nothing else.
You can't legit look at those features and say "yes, this is good", can you?

Hell, I'm one of the people who would have been happy with just glorified pokewalker level features as long as I got to train my pokemon and bond with them, instead these fuckers decided to make a game where pokemon are nothing but disposable items that you farm and throw away over and over again.
>>
>>26222743
Not only that, the actual selling point of the entire thing, pokemon in the real world, is undermined by how low the production values are.

AR mode doesn't look any better than the AR in Dream Radar, a crappy tie-in game from 2012. The human models are hideous abominations right out of the worst the PS1 had to offer, and even though the overworld graphics are just a pastel google map with some objects on it, they're so janky you can clearly see the avatar getting hung up on the overworld objects.

I'm sure some of it will be fixed for the final build, but would it really have been too much to at least tone down the graphics glitches before releasing a beta?
>>
>>26216432

Literally more delusional than The Practer himself.
>>
Am I the only one who likes the idea of a reskinned Ingress? There's apparently a story to it, and I haven't been reading the emails so it makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>26219256

So this is how Pokemon zombifies itself. Gamefreak caring less and less, and this nonsense is a guaranteed success.

Well, it had a good run. I'm gonna miss Pokemon. I grew up with the franchise since day 1 in America.
>>
>>26223111
Sick trips bro

I don't think it's going to pose that much of a threat by itself. It's Niantic's vanity project and won't have much legs unless the actual finished product is dramatically improved from what we see now.

Now if Masuda cracks completely and lets this cripple S&M, then you should worry. Right now the cancer is isolated.
>>
>>26219212
like what they should have done 20 years ago?
>>
I'm kinda sad now.

>>Would rather make a mii as my trainer.
>>Would rather train, name, have my bros around
>>Would rather fite my frends yea I said it I have frends - also random pokégirls and shitkids

I understand that they need a sustainable business model, though - having people stuck with catching and reviving. It's just sad to witness, especially since I was about to get my hopes up
>>
>>26216409
I just don't get why they just don't use the mechanics that clearly work. If you wanted purchase options do something like you can't heal your pokemon whenever you want and have to abide by timers unless you get poke gems or whatever the fuck. It doesn't seem that hard.
>>
Guys look up this app called gps monster scouter. It's pretty fuckin cool.
>>
>>26222743
That's Pokémon Rumble.
>>
Do we even have a release date.

I mean shitholes like Australia have it but America has to wait several more months.
>>
>>26223040
>Am I the only one who likes the idea of a reskinned Ingress?
Yes. There's a reason why Ingress has lost most of its playerbase sans its core of fanatcs since its birt a couple years ago: it's boring. Most people give up after the first couple of weeks because there's nothing interesting to it.
>>
>>26222097
>Final Fantasy Record Keeper
>made by DeNA, which publishes and develops dozens of mobile games
>is working on a self-driving taxi service for Japan's 2020 olympics
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2927877/dena-aims-for-robot-taxis-by-2020-tokyo-olympics.html

>Pokemon Go
>made by Niantic, which made only Ingress
>
>>
>>26223374
>I understand that they need a sustainable business model, though - having people stuck with catching and reviving
They still could have included that part to keep the money flowing, while also letting people train their and fight their pokemon. It's not like people wouldn't be needing a constant supply of revives and potions if PvP or training against wild pokemon were a thing!
>>
>>26224233
Even selling purely aesthetic things like ribbons or shit for people to customize their favourite pokemon somehow would make mad bank. But nope, instead they picked the opposite route and made pokemon disposable garbage and hope that people will care enough to pay up for more pokeballs and revives.
>>
>>26223938
Australia has beta. And no.
>>
What is 30 millies these days, fucking peanuts. At least for a complex project like this and not just some 8-bit nostalgia indie. Gaming industry rolls in much higher numbers now.
>>
File: rollercoaster of emotions.jpg (31 KB, 160x267) Image search: [Google]
rollercoaster of emotions.jpg
31 KB, 160x267
>>26219212
hilarious but sadly true
>>
>>26216409
To be fair, Niantic had to add five-hundred plus Pokemon, full modeled, in the re-skin, and that's a LOT of work.
>>
>>26225226
>To be fair, Niantic had to add five-hundred plus Pokemon, full modeled, in the re-skin, and that's a LOT of work
>five-hundred plus
151, it's gen 1 only. And they use the XYORAS models with some added filtering on top, they didn't have to model anything.

They were literally given all art assets, premises and components for the game on a silver platter,all they had to do was focus on developing good game mechanics.
>>
>>26225187
That's because game developers spend half their budgets on hookers and coke these days. No wonder everything always end up delayed by a year.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.