[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make up your own starter trio! Any typing allowed, but here's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
Make up your own starter trio!
Any typing allowed, but here's a trick - they have to have a common theme
Give me your best!
>>
>>26208777

>Gets trips
>Thread dies

I'll post mine in just a moment.
>>
Okay my theme is "Creatures of the Tolkien Mythos".

>Based on a cross between an Ent and an Elf archer, first stage is a mini Ent with elf features, middle stage slightly bigger with a wooden sword, final stage gets a bow
>Grass/Fairy
>HP: 90, Att: 50, Def: 75, SpA: 110, SpD: 90, Spd: 102
>HA: Technician
>Movepool: Leaf Storm, Magical Leaf, Draining Kiss, Fairy Wind, Calm Mind, Moonlight, Air Slash, Ingrain

>Based on a worg
>Fire/Dark
>HP: 80, Att: 125, Def: 95, SpA: 50, SpD: 70, Spd: 92
>HA: Sheer Force
>Movepool: Bulk Up, Belly Drum, Flare Blitz, Flame Charge, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Will o Wisp, Earthquake

>Based on the Watcher squid thing outside the Mines of Moria
>Water/Ghost
>HP: 95, Att: 90, Def: 90, SpA: 60, SpD: 100, Spd: 82
>HA: Regenerator
>Movepool: Stealth Rock, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance, Will o Wisp, Superpower, Rapid Spin
>>
>>26208777
Fire starter that automatically adapts to opponent's weakest stat and changes it's form accordingly
Grass starter that adapts to the field's environment
Water starter that adapts to the weather

Fire evolves into Fire/Fighting, with different formes being different stances and styles
Water evolves into Water/Flying, representing the atmosphere. Forms change it's ability to gain the most out of the current wheather. Plus, it has a signature, wheather based move.
Grass constantly changes it's second type depending on the field. Visually, it's represented with different flowers and colors for each variation.

Not sure about the visual theme and what animals should they be though, maybe /vp/ can help me out on that?
>>
>>26209297

That's pretty clever. Not even really a Gen VI tier theme but an actual mechanical theme.
>>
>>26209310
Yeah, thanks, I think they should have some kind of a military theme, maybe a bit WW 2 inspired, maybe to suggest that they were artificially designed to be the best at fighting and be used in combat
Not too overboard though, they should still be cute animal things, just a slight references in their design
>>
File: 1460829127874.jpg (5 KB, 161x175) Image search: [Google]
1460829127874.jpg
5 KB, 161x175
>>26209297

>Fire evolves into Fire/Fighting
>>
Grass/Dark
Fire/Steel
Water/Fairy
>>
File: dog-leaping-over-trench.jpg (6 KB, 380x280) Image search: [Google]
dog-leaping-over-trench.jpg
6 KB, 380x280
>>26209357
OK, so bare with me, I'm gonna make this up as I go

The visual theme for these three would be Military Animals, those that are used in war, more specifically Horse, Dog and Dove

So I'm guessing it would go like this
Fire/Fighting dog, that changes stances.
Grass horse that grows different flowers on its body according to the current field, which give it a second type
And Water/Flying dove, who adopts to the current wheather. Maybe give it a bit of an angelic theme, like a dove of piece kind of look, just so it doesn't look too much like that other blue, cloud themed bird
>>
>>26209457
>The fourth fire dog
>The second fighting dog
>The fourth fire/fighting starter
>Ability an expy of Download
Oh yes, make it even more uninspired, won't you?
>>
Their typings for the final evos are:
Grass/fire
Fire/water
Water/grass

Their themes are based off Renaissance men.

The water/grass is a squid painter.
Can learn sketch only one time.

The fire/water is a alchemist. Looks very crazy and carries around little vials and bottles. It's ability is a renamed version of serene grace.

The grass/fire is a philosopher and poet. Has a burning, fiery soul. Inspires others to be better. Gets lots of support moves and is the faster spore user.
>>
>>26209514
Mmm, I guess you have a point, I'll think of something better
But the stance/style change idea stays, coz I think it would be pretty fun
>>
>>26209539
>can learn sketch only one time
But anon
All you need is heart scales
Your water/grass becomes the new Smeargle

>>26209551
It'll be either Download or Stance Change. You're basically making either fire-type Porygon-Z or fire-type Aegislash.
>>
>>26209568
Hard code it so it can only learn Sketch once.
>>
File: happy little smeargle.jpg (276 KB, 821x604) Image search: [Google]
happy little smeargle.jpg
276 KB, 821x604
>>26209576
My point still stands. The only reason Smeargle isn't OP is because of its horrible stats and pure-normal typing. Letting your painter pokemon learn Sketch at all immediately means it can have one move be ANY MOVE IN THE GAME, immediately cranking up how good the 'mon is. And if you don't like your extra sketch'd move? Just breed another one.
>>
File: 1459476498254.jpg (40 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1459476498254.jpg
40 KB, 600x450
Australian Region Inspired Starters

>Fire/Fighting, Kickboxing Rabbit/Kangaroo
>Water/Poison, Assassin-Like Platypus that has hidden poisonous blades in his hands
>Grass/Dark, Fast Hard-Hitting Grass Emu that looks menacing
>>
File: thunderbird-11.jpg (27 KB, 376x267) Image search: [Google]
thunderbird-11.jpg
27 KB, 376x267
Theme
>various native american/central american/polynesian mythologies and art

Grass
>Starting stage is a monkey that looks like he's wearing a tribal mask
>Stage 1, becomes Grass/Rock. Monkey becomes a moai monkey, becomes significantly larger (mostly in height)
>Stage 2, our Grass/Rock Monkey gets fuckhueg, almost Snorlax/Slaking in proportions. He is now kinda based off a silverback gorilla and the Olmec Colossal Heads

Fire
>Starts off as a little snake. Burnt orange, with like turquoise highlights, with big yellow eyes
>Stage 1, snek gets bigger. Grows some ridges on its back. If you've seen the Najarala in mh4, something like that but nowhere near as big. He's a 50/50 mix of orange and turquoise at this point
>Stage 2, Fire/Electric. Ridges are now lightning bolt shaped. Snake is now largely turquoise, with "cracks" of the original burnt orange. Look at a piece of turquoise to see what I'm getting at hear

Water
>not gonna lie I've only got ideas for the final Stage here
>Stage 2, Water/Flying. Thunderbird. Pic related
>>
>>26209435
>Fire/Steel
That would be bomb, it would be like a steel foundry pokemon
>>
I've had a grass lizard bouncing around in my head for a really long time. Very flat bodied and lays around. Kind of cutesy tired look. It grows moss on its back. The idea is that its so slow moving that moss grows on it. I've always pictured it evolving into a Rock type with lots of rocks jutting out with moss on them as well. Another grass I've always pictured but couldn't pin a design down for is a frilled lizard. Second form would look like that one dinosaur with a sail on its back, and final form would be a Spinosaurus. I always kind of saw that as part-Steel with the leaf blades turning metallic but I always always pictured it as fast and offensive like Sceptile and being part Steel would be pretty shit for that (then again, same for slow tank Grass/Rock lizard).

Three ideas I've had for fire starters. One was the obviosu fire dog though the design was inspired by dachshunds. Never thoguht of an evolution line for it but I alway thought it'd become part ground. Second is also the typical fire cat. Last form would be a bipedal amalgam of a bunch of big cats with saber fangs. Last was a cockatrice/basilisk type thing with the cockscomb being fire like Cyndaquil's.

As far as I can recall I only ever pictured a water-type platypus water starter. First form was kind of generic with a distinctive hairstyle like a pompadour and with a non-defined bill (that is, its bill wasn't distinct and blended with the face). I never got a perfect idea of what it evolved into but one of my favorites was the idea of its last form being a Water/Fighting surfer, using its tail as a surf board. But I could never get that design to work since I couldn't figure out a way to get the tail to work as a surfboard and actually look alright and not like it's stepping on its tail and about to trip.
>>
Renaissance Theme:
Grass/Steel Knight
Give it a full suit of armor complete with a great helm and sword
Heatproof as a Hidden Ability
High Defense and Attack, medium speed
Maybe make the final form ride a horse
Fire/Dark Black Knight
Reverse Defeatist, called, "Just a Flesh Wound" as it's Hidden Ability
Water/Ice Archer
Sniper as it's Hidden ability
>>
>>26211340
Meant Medieval theme.
>>
Go against the whole Fire/Grass/Water trio and do something different and odd that's not Fighting/Psychic/Dark.
I'm thinking Electric/Water/Ground.
>>
>>26211336
Oh, I just remembered I had a picture for a final stage horse starter that had it end up kind of resembling a steam engine train but I never went much beyond that idea for the final form. Fire/Steel is also kind of a shit type when your name isn't Heatran too.
>>
Grass/Fire chili pepper

Fire/Water soup

Water/Grass watercress
>>
Grass/Fairy, Fire/Poison, and Water/Ground have a cool triangle interplay in that each one hits for quads SE on the mon they're supposed to hit for SE. The theme I'll use is Cajun/backwoods.

Grass/Fairy
Can be a grass wolf based on the Rougarou, the Louisiana bayou version of a werewolf. Give it a grassy pelt, fangs, but less monstrous and more cutesy like Fairies typically are. Give it a movepool that reflects its connection to the Moon, and maybe a few out of left field Dark type attacks like Crunch. Physical-based, Fur Coat, goes from quadrupedal to bipedal. Average speed.

Fire/Poison
A voodoo doll that's shaped exactly like a snake, like Snivy except with no legs or feet, and has poisonous pins bristling out of it. Middle stage will get half realistic/half doll, final stage is a completely real snake with a tongue that looks like a flame and its coiled body bristling with large pins, generally the "badass" starter. Special based with Adaptability, high Speed, and Rapid Spin.

Water/Ground
Bottom-dwelling lobster (those Cajuns love to eat crustaceans). Ultimately evolves into a tanky looking sand-lobster creature with very high Attack and Defense but low speed (60ish). Hidden Ability is Shell Armor.
>>
earthworm - fire/ground
ability: soundproof (deaf)

starnose mole - water/psychic
ability: oblivious (blind)

dodo bird - grass/flying
ability: simple (dumb)
>>
>>26209457
interesting concept
>>
>>26212052
But he sure plays a mean pinball!
>>
Okay all three are primate-looking.
The fire-type looks like he's smoking on some herb.
The grass-type also looks like he's smoking on some herb.
That's all I got so far.
>>
>>26212052
That's not what dumb means in that context
>>
>>26211386
>fire/steel
>kind of a shit type

Dude what. Heatran's typing is pretty much the reason he's so good. Fire/Steel is an amazing defensive combo, and it would be interesting to have a defensive Fire starter for once since they're almost all offense oriented while Water and Grass have their fair share of defensive ones. The closest fire gets is Emboar who is more like a bulky attacker than a defense-oriented mon.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
Theme: MAY
Water/Bug Mayfly
Fire/Steel Ox (Tarus is the zodiac for most of may)
Grass/Fairy Mayflower
>>
>>26209747
Please don't make another god damn fire/fighting. We don't need any more, half of the fire startes in the game are fire/fighting and I'm sure Sun/Moon will give us another fire/fighting.
>>
>>26212221
surprised you didn't say anything about bongs
>>
>>26212280

There's really no way to make a good pure defensive Fire type, and I mean a Fire Type that can fit on pure stall. The only Fire type that comes close is Zard-X, and that's a Mega. But a regular starter? It would be hard to do but I'll try.

>Fire/Fairy
>Regenerator
>HP: 105, Att: 50, Def: 105, SpA: 85, SpD: 120, Spd: 65
>Movepool: Wish, Lava Plume, Moonblast, Baton Pass, Healing Wish, Calm Mind, Will o Wisp, Trick Room
>>
>>26209747
thats fully hectic mate
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1462783630685.jpg (247 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1462783630685.jpg
247 KB, 720x720
D4-grass/rock moss golem dog
D6-fire/steel fire dice (hot streak)
D8-water/ghost skull kraken (2nd evolution is a pirate ship)
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.