[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your dream game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8
File: 1462552263334.jpg (90 KB, 600x446) Image search: [Google]
1462552263334.jpg
90 KB, 600x446
Tell us about what would be your optimal game. It can be old features or new ones. Which shitmons would you fix? New moves or abilities? Places and puzzles and daily/weekly events? Go crazy.
>>
>Difficulty settings
>multiple save files
>X and Y tier Pokemon distribution
>less giftmons
>Mega Tropious
>>
The problem with this thread is that there is too much to say haha. Anyway, I suppose the number one feature I'd love would be all the regions put together with all the spawning locations for pokemon changing like migrational patterns. And lots of side missions/locations that are hidden and unlockable.
>>
>>26208508
Maybe some better trainer-pokemon interaction. Amie was cute, but severely limited. I could go on.
>>
>>26208456
Secret Bases (not like ORAS, butbones with more interactible objects, and a chance to actually get other people in the base and keep their team to better make a gym

Join Avenue and PWT.

Scaled back and fixed Megas. Non mega/primal central story

Adjustments to the type chart, mainly for Bug and Psychic.

That's my least wishful wish list.
>>
>>26208547
*but ones
>>
File: 1460178578288.gif (875 KB, 500x318) Image search: [Google]
1460178578288.gif
875 KB, 500x318
I'll say I here and I'll again:

-Give the games a sense of open world and choice.

They'll be no more Story Wars and complaints about how the region sucks--as you can tackle the Gyms in any order you want and tackle the "story" anytime you want--with the game changing with your choice. That way, Gamefags can do whatever and that's (part) of their postgame and Storyfags like me carry on like usual business.
>>
>>26208456
>Difficulty settings, more than just 3
>As many legendaries as ORAS has, but in actual locations instead of boring ass islands
> a regional dex of 300 pokemon, with at least half being new.
>all pokemon lines can be obtained before the 7th gym with the exclusion of legendaries, everything after the 7th gym are simply evolved versions of previous lines.
>All starters get 2 megas total (or Xzard is removed, either works)
>Post game includes a secondary area at least the size of Platinum's island, with a storyline at least the size of Episode Delta, and a frontier that combines the facilities of both Emerald's and Platinum's frontiers
>All event pokemon are caught in-game, and accessed via event key items. When the next generation starts an update is released that automatically gives you these items at the beginning of the game

That's all I got right now
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 360x240
>>26208574
I was JUST talking about this last night at a party. inb4 reee; this was a once in a blue moon thing and all we did was drink and play Sm4sh and MTG so there

All they'd have to do to make the best Pokémon game to date is remove the railroading. Correct me if I'm wrong, but writing a script so that a gym leader's levels are scaled depending upon the number of badges you carry doesn't sound hard. At all. That's literally all it would take to make the Pokémon games "open world". Harder areas can be filled with higher level wild Pokémon to keep you kind of on the right path, but as long as the gym leaders scale to your level it would work just fine.

Following Pokémon must come back too.
>>
>>26208631
>Xzard
You mean Y, right anon. Please tell me that's a joke.
>>
>open world, or at least non linear region
>improved ai and maybe level scaling so that the games actually pose some kind of challenge
>all pokemon available, especially gen 1 because I'm a kanto shill, shoot me.
>have the game just expand on the features of the previous games. No features from previous games removed like they keep doing. Stuff like customisation and walking with pokemon refined and reimplemented
>actual post game.
>>
File: UgSknE2.jpg (1024 KB, 2560x1760) Image search: [Google]
UgSknE2.jpg
1024 KB, 2560x1760
>>26208456
I want a PC Pokémon game with a somewhat darker tone, where the internal logic of the game isn't too fantastical and doesn't ever contradict itself like it currently does (requiring some major retcons -- essentially a reboot). Uninspired Pokémon would also be retconned out.

Battles would consist of Pokémon fighting in real-time while you give orders (not turn-based). The environment would affect fights. Pokémon would still faint, but perhaps there would be a possibility that you could refuse to pull any punches, and kill a Pokémon outright, as could the AI. Also, you could bend the rules of battle (running from trainers, sending out extra Pokémon, keeping more than six total), but it would be a risk / reward type of thing, with punishments for being caught battling dirty or killing other trainers' Pokémon.

Legendaries would be scaled back, being extremely rare to find and impossible to catch.

Pokémon would still learn moves as they level or by training, but they will never forget old moves, with no limits to the number of moves that they can know. Type interactions would get a re-balancing.

No trading between games. All of the Pokémon are available in the single game. The only multiplayer would be battles that do not have any singleplayer benefits.

The setting would be idyllic as usual, with minimal or non-existent government, but with the competent main antagonists looking to fill the power vacuum, and having no qualms about using force to do so.

Your rival would be an absolute dick like Gary was, but not sided with the antagonists.

[...] (might post more later)

Thoughts?
>>
>Pokemon follow you, as in HG/SS. This is optional, and you pick which one follows you, not just the first 'mon.
>Join Avenue+PWT+Emerald-Tier Battle Fronteir+Pokemon Musicals.
>Trainer Customization, like X and Y, but even moar.
>Every route/cave, outside of possibly the very first one or a cave with only one thing in it, has at least 5 pokemon unique to it.

>>26208688
>All they'd have to do to make the best Pokémon game to date is remove the railroading. + A bunch of good ideas.

>120+ new pokemon.
>20 or more new evolutions or pre-evos to existing pokemon.
>9 legendaries. This is about the magic number.
>2 rivals. One of them is ultimate bro-tier who gives you stuff and is a legitimately good guy/gal. The second is an insufferable, arrogant ass... who totally earns that reputation by consistantly having more powerful pokemon than anything else in the area. Screw Gym Leaders, this guy/gal is the Boss Battle.

>A Dark Gym.

>A Non-monotype Gym.

Level 60 median Elite Four.

>A non-monotype champion who is relevant to the story, but doesn't remind you every second that they are the best.

>An entire second continent/island to explore in post-game, with content that scales up to around level 80-90ish.
>Encounters with older legendaries with small story segments.
>>
File: 1462325343514.gif (424 KB, 157x157) Image search: [Google]
1462325343514.gif
424 KB, 157x157
>>26208688

It sort of baffles me that they're in talks with a company that has a IP that values exploration...yet never ask for some tips or pointed in the right direction to do it on their own terms (It's Zelda, by the by).

In fact, a focus on explorating, making new friends (friendly PCs that can give you shit, teach moves, or just flat out battle you in set times), with findable lore that isn't shoved in your face and you have all the time in the world to engage it when you need too, and a feature that has you make the best of it would be a 10/10 game.
>>
>>26208456
About 120-180 new pokemon. Very few past generation pokemon available in main game, but they're there, kinda like BW2.

Put choices in the main story that drastically change the story, like choosing whether or not you want to infiltrate the enemy team and crush it form within or go for a frontal assault on their base, or give you the option to be friendly or rude to your rival, thus effecting how you two see each other. Let this also change around the order you fight gyms in. Now playthroughs are less similar and give a more unique playing experience.

Difficulty settings AND 3 save files (play as all 3 starters that way). On hard mode the AI outright cheats (more than 4 move-slots and they react to what move you do before you do it, like they know you had a choice between Tackle and Thundershock and you chose Thundershock so they switch to a Ground type, that way your Thundershock is useless as long as they control a Ground type. Like they already know what you're going to do).

Longer main game with a badge for every type. Level curve puts Elite 4's pokemon in the upper 80's to lower 90's. Small postgame, mostly just a battle frontier and catching pokemon from previous generations.

Make Ice resist Ground and let Hail raise Ice type Defense. Everything else is fine, type-chart-wise.

Most pokemon with Event-Only moves now learn it by level-up.

All pokemon have genders and egg groups now. Legends are breedable now, and all of them can pass their signature move to at least one other pokemon.

Nerf Entei, Suicune, and Raikou because I hate their guts. They now have Run Away as their ability instead of Pressure, no Hidden Ability, and get 2 points shaved off of every stat, leaving them each with 10 less BST.

Finally, no more travelling legneds like those stupid Gen-2 beasts, Latias/Latios, Mespirit, etc. All legends stay in one place now.
>>
>>26208758
Its not, I vastly prefer Yzard over Edgezard
>>
-Different layers of patterns for pokemon that are influenced by breeding. For example the spots and petals on bulbasaur being zebra-esque, horizontal , or as they are.
-seasonal pokemon that can only be caught in certain areas during certain seasons.
-more friendcode/streetpass function
-weekly events
-improved battle frontier
>>
>>26208456
There's be a lot of tweaks I'd make to existing mechanics, so I'll just go over the major aspects of my game.

> Direct sequel to Red and Blue, taking place in Kanto ~20 years after the original games.
> Kanto has changed a lot in the meantime. For instance, Saffron is now a sprawling Metropolis more akin to a miniature region itself. A good chunk of the game will be spent in its various districts taking the city back from the villainous team. It has plenty of stray and wild Pokemon to catch.
> Other changes include the construction of a geothermal plant on Cinnabar, the establishment of a town on the Seafoam Islands, and a new Battle Frontier in Vermilion City.
> The major plot element of the game is anomalous portals popping up that lead to landmarks in other regions. These are being generated by the villainous team to facilitate their plans and have allowed non-native Pokemon to swarm into Kanto. Players will travel to Hoenn's Mossdeep City, Sinnoh's Mt. Coronet, Unova's Desert Resort, and Kalos's Route 10 / Geosenge Town.
> Entirety of Johto is accessible post-game. It's changed too, becoming somewhat more complex overall.
> Sevii Islands are accessible post-game as well. There are optional Dark, Fairy, Double/Triple/Rotational battle, and Inverse gyms on Islands 1, 3, 5, and 7. Like everything else, the islands have been updated and expanded.
>>
>>26208631
11/10 well said

But remove Yzard instead
>>
File: mapwithbulletsarrows.png (348 KB, 1500x1481) Image search: [Google]
mapwithbulletsarrows.png
348 KB, 1500x1481
I working on a game and taking from all the suggestion here. After seeing this, definitely going to really try to make the game less linear and do level scaling so the player can play gyms and such in any order. My map kind of allowed for this anyways.
>>
File: 1384230507083.png (106 KB, 404x382) Image search: [Google]
1384230507083.png
106 KB, 404x382
>>26208456
>Sequence Breaking. The first and last gyms would be fixed, but the other gyms will be accessible in groups of two. So you can do 2+3 in either order, then 4+5, then 6+7. This way level curve is maintained and the game's pace is even, while allowing for more personal choice and replayabliity.
>Following Pokemon returns as an option. You can access Amie by talking to your following mon.
>More varied ways to encounter Pokemon. Let me dig for Shellder on the beach, or find weird trees that turn out to be Snover/Sudowoodo/Trevenant.
>A winding region like Sinnoh with lots of shit to find and explore.
>Postgame that's some combination of Friend Safari, Battle Frontier, and PWT. Lots of reasons to connect with other players, varied challenges to take on, and star appearances from other games.
>>
File: 1354767796065.gif (2 MB, 389x415) Image search: [Google]
1354767796065.gif
2 MB, 389x415
>>26208456

I want two Regions, just like Johto, but instead of it being a recurring one, I'd like it to be a completely hidden one until you beat the elite 4 and you get told to go there after the end.
>>
>>26208456
Stories that don't fucking suck. I wish pokemon had better writers. They need to look at other RPGs and see how it's done. The looker episodes in XY are the right direction the games need to take.

I want more customization, I want to be able to pick what my trainer looks like. choose a pokemon to follow me, give that pokemon a held item and see them fucking wearing it.

I want multiple endings. I want to be able to choose what kind of adventure I want. If I don't want to be the hero and let the evil team do their thing I should be able to do that and see the world turn to shit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.