[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about the potential legendary mascots of Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (276 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
276 KB, 1920x1080
Let's talk about the potential legendary mascots of Pokemon Sun and Moon. Let's keep their names Solgaleo and Lunaala for this conversation.

What would be the gimmick behind Solgaleo and Luunala? What would their unique powers be? Would they have powers to control the Sun/Moon respectively? Or would that be too obvious? I suppose Solgaleo could take have the power of the sun and make weather conditions hotter. But we sort of already have a Pokemon that can do that, it's Groudon. And for Lunaala you could say that it could control the moon and... control tidal waves when the moons out? Or maybe it's like the move gravity and makes flying type Pokemon and pokemon with the ability levitate. Thousand arrows/waves lol. Or maybe it works like the move telekinesis where the Pokemon start floating up.

BUT if Solgaleo and Lunaala DON'T have any unique abilities based on the Sun and Moon, then are they just going to have pressure as their abilities? What do you guys think?
>>
>>26208331
I'd say we should wait for the next 36 hours when they are officially revealed.
>>
>>26208331
Solgaleo is referencing Galileo but what is Luunala referencing aside from obvious moon bs?

I think that the ET is going to be some kind of pun on heliocentrism.

I also bet that the ETL will be named Tycho or something based on Tycho Brahe.
>>
the reason thousand arrows and thousand waves arent out yet could be because they are solgaleo and lunaala's moves. A lion that uses arrows? whatever lunaala is that uses waves? its the moon pokemon so it would make sense.
>>
>>26208331
>BUT if Solgaleo and Lunaala DON'T have any unique abilities based on the Sun and Moon
I mean, Xerneas and Yveltal both control life and death respectively but they don't have abilities based around that, their abilities just increase the power of Fairy and Dark moves.

Anyways I'm not really too sure what their overall powers could be, aside from obviously something related to the celestial bodies they're based on.

In terms of main legendary themes/powers we have resurrection (Ho-oh), storms (Lugia), creating land (Groudon), creating oceans (Kyogre), creating atmospheric layers (Rayquaza), time (Dialga), space (Palkia), anti-matter and dimensions (Giratina), creating matter itself (Arceus), truth (Reshiram), ideals (Zekrom), emptiness (Kyurem), life (Xerneas), death (Yveltal), order (Zygarde). And now we could have control over solar energy/the sun (Solgaleo) and tides/the moon (Lunaala), then whatever the third legendary's theme is.
>>
>>26208374
Team Eclipse has a pretty nice ring to it, I had the theory that they're going to be Team Aqua and Team Magma 2.0, with their leader being inspired by Archie and Maxie

In Sun, they want to capture Solgaleo to blot out the Sun and cover the world in the darkness and 24x7 moonlight
This causes the tide to rise and cover the world in water

In Moon, they want to capture Lunaala so the moon is blocked and it's day time 24x7, this causes the tempreture to rise and start to dry out the oceans

or vice versa,
As a way to repent for their previous acts, Archie and Maxie occasionally appear in the story to help you take out the team, after you defeat them, in the post game you learn their acts disrupted the worlds balance and woke up Zygarde which a newly reformed Team Flare has taken advantage of leading to a battle with them and Perfect Zygarde

It would be a pretty good way to tie the stories of the 3 games together
>>
>>26208686
My idea for the new team in this new generation is a little less world ending.

Team Eclipse. In sun, they control Lunaala and try to use it to take control of the region. It is summoned during an actual eclipse. The player catches and uses Sol to stop Eclipse.

In moon, it's vice versa.

One game gets a solar eclipse to summon a legend, one gets a lunar to summon the other.

I'm not a fan of odd calamity inducing evil teams. I'm totally ok with the team being in it for contra rather than something super specific like "expanding land masses."

With it being the 20th anniversary, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Rocket is involved in some way too.
>>
>>26208686
I like this but gamefreak is to lazy to produce something like this
>>
>>26208331
>Kikerudez
dropped
>>
>Thousand waves
>Pokemon hit by thousands waves can't flee or switch
>The moon's gravitational pull on earth
>???
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.