[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want a Pokemon code but my anxiety makes me not go in to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 225x216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 225x216
I want a Pokemon code but my anxiety makes me not go in to the game store, last time I went this how it ended. I walked in casually bit nervous, see the staff and look away, woddle to the counter, my voice goes all stuttery, you got darkrai code? Realise I sound like a tit, walks out thinking I look like I'm stealing, walks out like I'm drunk ! Nope ! Not again !!!
>>
>>26207729
You know what the best way to cure social anxiety is? Giving up and being alone forever.

Seriously, though. The world isn't as "Me vs. Them" as you think it is. I'm sorry you fell off your horse but you need to get back up there. Nobody gets better at anything without practice, and that includes talking to folk.
>>
>hey, my brother plays this pokemon game, he wanted me to get some code for him. I think it was "Dark Guy" or something?
>>
>>26208141
I might just use that actually
>>
How are so many people here autistic? It's literally their job to give you the code. They do it dozens of times each day and simply don't give a shit.
>>
>>26208172
Yeah but when you have social anxiety you get all nervous and can't talk properly
>>
>>26207729
How much spaghetti did you leave behind?
>>
>>26208210
I dint know ? They was looking
>>
>>26208172
The one time it's preferred to be a normie.
>>
>>26208067
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! SOCIETY IS EVIL! THEY KNOW NOTHING! THEY'RE ALL HYPOCRITES! ALL THEY DO IS FORCE THINGS ON EVERYONE ELSE! WELL, WE'RE GOING TO FORCE YOU OUT TOO! WE'LL HAVE OUR OWN HIDEOUT, AND NONE OF YOU CAN GET IN! IT WILL BE THE BESTEST BECAUSE NO ONE WILL DISAGREE WITH US AGAIN! NO ONE WILL HAVE TO DO ANYTHING! WE'LL ALL BE FREE! YOU'LL SEE! EVERYONE WILL GET ALONG IF YOU JUST LISTEN TO THEM!
>>
5 years ago i wouldn't even leave my front door. Today i go wherever i damn please. The freedom is absolutely worth fighting for OP. No matter how badly things seem just keep going out. Yes there will be days so shitty you want to scream and cry but with each time you push past the fear it will get better and better. The world is a huge amazing place and you deserve to be here just as much as anyone else.

If its fear of others judging you keeping you back don't worry what they think! People who would think bad things either are wrong or a shitty asshole not worthy of caring about. And if it helps at all, a good friend of mine once told me to never worry about the people in stores as their job is to serve you. They are literally servants and have to help you.
>>
>>26208254
Thank you ! I don't care what people think I just can't talk without stuttering and shaking it's so embarrassing. I can't even say can I have s code without my voice doing that.
>>
File: 1461304081659.png (97 KB, 640x832) Image search: [Google]
1461304081659.png
97 KB, 640x832
>tfw you're a regular functioning human being that can do what he pleases and isn't crippled by problems
>>
>>26208183
I have social anxiety as well but I can still go to a store and ask for something. You will look 1000x more normal if you just act casual and just ask for one. They have to give you a code and half the people working there are too busy reflecting on their own shitty lives to give a toss about yours.
Rehearse your lines if it helps; just say "hi can I get a darkrai code?" They'll hand you one and you just reply "cheers" or "thanks" and they will completely forget you ever existed and go back to their lives. It really isn't too hard.
>>
>>26207729
Went in twice like a boss to get a mew code but they were pretty dumb about giving me one and i never got one so at this point i just prefer not to go in and try and get one again, since ill probably given the run around again and lied to. Im just guna buy a few codes online.
>>
>>26208308
My voice goes all stuttery and I can't say it! I also going really shaky and can't stand in big que or I'll fall.
>>
>>26207729
I remember one time i got asked if i was okay, they said i looked sick. I know how you feel OP it's a shitty feeling.
I've gotten better at it so i can go get a code no problem. But I'll still have those moments where the anxiety gets to me.
One trick i came up with is to keep repeating the line you want to say in your head. and keep imagining yourself saying it perfectly.
>>
>>26208279
Don't worry if you stutter the person behind the counter will do their best to understand you. Plenty of people get alittle nervous and have trouble its not uncommon at all.
>>
>>26208395
It so simple to say a line but I get so nervous I can't help but do it. I'm not nervous about people it's the fact I know it's going to happen so it does because I keep thinking of it, it's like when I'm standing still I think of it so much I end up focusing all my tension on my body and shake really bad and can't stand still. Same with stuttering
>>
>>26208183

The people in the store make a little above minimum wage and only work there because they also like games.

Last time I asked for a code the dude was chill he gave me one and was talking about how he hasnt played since red and blue when he was a kid and said he might actually buy a copy one of the new games because nostalgia.
>>
>>26208325
Just go and try your best, if its clear you have an issue they're an asshole if they mock you and you'll still be given a darkrai code.
At the end of the day the key is to remember how little of an impact you actually make on their lives and how little stuff you find embarrassing, half the time other people don't even notice.
>>
>>26208465
What you mean an issue? It's not a condition it's social anxiety and thoughts that make me do it. I'm fine when I'm not nervous.
>>
>>26208493
I mean an issue with talking to people, as in you feel uncomfortable with it. Sorry if you thought I was attacking you.
>>
>>26207729
Here's my game stop story

>hello
>hi, what can i do for you
>i'd like to have a nintendo eshop card and a darkrai code please
>that'd be 15$, do you want to preorder something now that you're here?
>no, I'm good, thanks
>have a great day
>>
>>26208551
$15 for a fucking code? Do they even cost anything?
>>
Why do people buy stuff with the card? You don't have to ! I would tell
Them straight that you don't. Fuck buying shit, it's free and they have to give it to you.
>>
>>26208583
Disregard, I can't read.
>>
>>26208551
>>26207729
This, OP. It's that simple. You're just buying Pokemon shit, not adult diapers.
>>
>>26208583
He also got a prepaid eShop card with $15 on it
>>
>>26208592
If you're referring to me, i wanted that eshop card anyway
>>
>>26207729
I've been like this forever, but when you do manage it, you'll feel pleased with yourself.
Just go in, say 'excuse me, are you still giving out codes for Darkrai?' and they'll say yes of course. They might try to make conversation but you only really have to say nod and smile if you can't manage it.
When you get the code say thank you very much, and leave.
I believe in you, OP!
>>
>>26208141
I do this all the time, too...
>>
>>26208613
Especially not at game stop and especially especially not when the cashier lady has pokeball nail polish like the one i had behind the counter when i got my code
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.