[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toughest Trainer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: Ghetsis_anime.png (27 KB, 232x374) Image search: [Google]
Ghetsis_anime.png
27 KB, 232x374
Who, in your opinion, is the single most difficult NPC trainer in the entire series?
>>
Misty
>>
>>26207522
The 3rd round Champions from the PWT Champion Tournament in BW2.
>>
>>26207528
He's asking which one is hardest, not which one makes you the hardest.
>>
youngster joey
>>
File: brockyell.jpg (84 KB, 468x352) Image search: [Google]
brockyell.jpg
84 KB, 468x352
>>26207561
Ash, she's making you soft!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCWx87PjKc0
>>
>>26207522
Barry or Red. Or Wally's battle resort team.
>>
I don't know about the hardest, but the ones I've had the most trouble with.

Ghestis and that Hydreigon in Black and White. First time I ever had to Revive Stall a pokemon out of PP to win before.
Gold and Silver's second Rival battle (Outside Azalea town).
Gold/Silver Whitney, of course.
>>
>>26207522
I think BW1 Ghetsis, or even Colress in rematch(es).
>>
Cynthia
>>
BW1 Ghetsis
>>
>>26207522
Brock, after watching the anime and using all your money and training time on a Pikachu with your level 6 Charmander as backup.
>>
>>26208064
This is a good answer

Reminds me I'm the only one of my friends that chose bulbasaur
>>
>>26207522
Cynthia without a doubt
>>
>>26208864
You special fucking snowflake you
>>
>>26207522
>generic Cynthia shoutout

Hate to say it, but she is. Ghetsis is a close contender, as well as Wally's Smogon hell in ORAS.

What do you think Cynthia's team would be in gen 6, since she likes to keep her Lucario, chomp, Milotic, and Tomb but switch around the two others?
>>
>>26209035
I feel like she would have a Gourgeist for some reason
>>
>>26207522
Gaycheese
Cynthia in Gen 4
The Ace Trainer in Champion's Cave in Unova
>>
>>26209035
Togekiss since he got a Fairy makeover + Volcarona since she hasn't used those types yet.
>>
>>26207522
Ghetsis is the only one who's ever wiped me more than once.
>>
professor oak.
>>
>>26207946
These are all pretty valid, particularly the Azalea Town rival. Due to the leveling you can really get screwed over in that one if you don't have a solid counter to your Rival's starter's type
>>
Gary Oak.
>>
>>26207522
Evice
>>
>>26209286
>Evice

The only right answer.
>>
Prob Cynthia in gen 4.

Ghetsis might be hard if you don't run scraggod but I always do.
>>
Red

/thread
>>
>>26210320
There were games after GS, nostalgialord
>>
So it looks like the general opinion is Cynthia or Ghetsis

Poll time

http://www.strawpoll.me/10166332
http://www.strawpoll.me/10166332
>>
>>26209286
Him, Nascour and Greevil are fucking hard.

Hell, any boss in Colosseum and Gale of Darkness is hard unless you Earthquake spammed or didn't give 2 shits about getting their shadow mons.
>>
>>26207522
You posted him. Still beat him fairly easily though. Followed by Cynthia. Followed by Steven. Followed by Red.
>>
>>26207522
>people think Cynthia is hard

I don't get this. I never remember having any trouble with her in the least. To the point where she was extremely forgettable besides her intro and battle music.
>>
>>26213315
She has a pretty well balanced team 2bh

I was down to only one pokemon the first time I battled her.
>>
I actually had trouble with Iris the first time because I kept missing attacks and haxorus got 3 dragon dances off and nearly swept me.

Genuine hardest is probably Ghetsis
>>
>>26207522
Not sure if he counts, but I'd say it's probably this guy.
>>
File: 140px-Mysterial.png (57 KB, 140x274) Image search: [Google]
140px-Mysterial.png
57 KB, 140x274
>>26213528
Whoops, forgot pic.
>>
>>26207522
Iris
>>
That one Cooltrainer duo outside of Veilstone who used Kadabra+Gyarados always gave me trouble for some reason.
>>
>>26209286
>>
>>26210320
>implying it's hard to wipe the floor with his shitmon team
>>
>>26209286
This all the way. Greevil was a bitch too if you tried to catch all his shadows from the get-go.
>>
>>26207946
>First time I ever had to Revive Stall a pokemon out of PP to win before.
You are filth
>>
Misty's Starmie in Kanto games is among the worst roadblocks relative to your mons' average level by the time you face it. Unless you're overleveled or have a decent Grass type you're going to have to pray for retarded AI handing you the win.
>>
>>26207966
Meh, less to Colress because all you need is a fire pokemon and youre pretty set. But BW1 Ghetsis was a fucking monster.
>>
>>26209286
Came here to post this, Evice was a bitch
>AI complex enough to baton pass Swords Dance and Silver Wind buffs
>Uses X-Attack when Slaking is loafing around
>Uses Skill Swap to get rid of Slaking's Truant
>Powerful team in general (Slowking, Slaking, Scizor, Machamp, Salamence, Tyranitar/Aggron)
>You'll be severely underleved unless you grind
I remember that I maybe died at least 5 times when fighting this guy as a kid. At least you don't have to do the gauntlet again if you lose against him.
>>
>>26207522
Cynthia if you couldn't take out her garchomp. She's much easier if you are fully prepared.

Ghetsis in BW1 was fucking hard, not so much in BW2 though.
>>
File: Mysterial.png (85 KB, 803x683) Image search: [Google]
Mysterial.png
85 KB, 803x683
>>26213542
This guy was pretty damn rough.
>>
>>26215388
I trained a Glace on just for that shark in Platinum.
>>
>>26215478
I did the exact same thing, 1hitKOd it with blizzard.
>>
>>26207522
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1462804998147.webm
>>
>>26215742
knew what it was from just the first note
>>
BW1 Ghetsis easily. He was a beast.
>>
Pikachu vs eevee pokemon yellow
>>
>>26215474

These threads generally don't count battle facility type trainers since you don't fight them until you're ready. I'll admit he is a bastard though.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.