[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the big day is around the corner, place your final bets on t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
the big day is around the corner, place your final bets on the Zygarde/gen 6.5/gen 7 debate

http://www.strawpoll.me/10164407
>>
>>26207456
Gen 7 but Zygarde being some forgotten post Elite 4 legendary. They probably planned to do something in Z with it but in gen 7 there is no longer room for that.
>>
>>26207456
Gen 7
Zygarde will have aminor post-game role in SM that will link to the upcoming Pokémon Z
>>
Goddammit why this shit again? Are you really that retard? jfc we got a fucking recap trailer of all the previous generations and Nintendo itself called S/M "the SEVENTH GENERATION GAMES" and you still came up with 6.5 shit. Fucking retard kill youself
>>
File: 6.5.png (344 KB, 1304x602) Image search: [Google]
6.5.png
344 KB, 1304x602
>>26207456
6.5ags may end up unseating OP as the gayest thing on the internet
>>
100% Gen 7

Optimus Zygarde is Original Dragon 2.0, except this time they had the decency to at least show it.

I think it's safe to say they're never going make players go on a cell and core collecting spree to manage four wildly different forms, of which multiples aside from 100% can exist. It's just too complicated for kids, and it would probably be a programming nightmare for Gamefreak.
>>
>>26207553
No one cares what some shitter from Nintendo Europe says, it's only gen 7 if TPCi or gamefreak say so
>>
>>26207456
S/M will be to XY like how Gold/Silver were to Red/Blue. There will be a post game in Kalos and Zygarde will be the main focus.
>>
>>26207571
I think their plan is to add Orange Zygarde to the post-game of Sun and Cyan Zygarde to the post game of Moon, have all Gen 6 Zygardes become White Zygardes when transferred to Gen 7 games, and have the Red Zygarde and Blue Zygarde mimic their roles from the anime in Pokémon Z after Sun & Moon.
>>
>>26207574
What Nintendo of Europe says about upcoming Pokémon games IS controlled by TPCi you fucking moron.
>>
>>26207456
Simple Gen 7 which has a ton of throwbacks to Gen 2 much like X and Y had a ton of throwbacks to Gen 1, meaning a trip to Kalos in the post game, and Zygarde having a big role in a "Z Episode".
>>
>>26207456
>no gen 8 option
>>
>>26207611
No, it's not. Ask yourself why Nintendo from 1 smaller country would be the only fucking place allowed to call it the 7th gen
>>
>>26207456
>no WAKE UP option
>>
>>26207456
Gen 7 with Zygarde being important
Main game? probably not, but I do expect an Episode Z or equivalent.
>>
File: image.png (70 KB, 736x280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70 KB, 736x280
>>26207574
>>
>>26207654
There were multiple countries that called SM Gen 7 you idiot, INCLUDING Germany, the HQ of NoE and the marketing division.
>>
>>26207726
>>26207738
That doesn't answer the question
>>
File: 1457649265759.jpg (102 KB, 387x468) Image search: [Google]
1457649265759.jpg
102 KB, 387x468
Putting aside all this debate as to whether Zygarde will be important in Sun and Moon, has anybody realized how fucking overpowered Perfect/Complete Zygarde is gonna be? He can learn Dragon Dance and he is probably gonna be bulky as all hell. Plus, if they give him an ability that makes him able to counter Xerneas and Yveltal pretty easily, he is gonna be on the same tier (or higher than) as Mega-Fug.
>>
>>26207782
But the question is wrong you moron, so there's nothing to fucking answer.
>>
7th gen. I predict Zygarde is the first ever third legendary from another game. Game Freak doesn't like being too predictable. They set the standard of the third legendary with Rayquaza, gave the third one a new form with Giratina. Then everyone saw Kyurem coming, but it got two forms.

How best to mess with people?
Make the third legendary a generation before the two main members of the trio.

Besides. Sun, Moon, and Earth makes way more sense than Life, Death, and Earth.

Or, maybe Zygarde does double duty as the third legendary of two groupings.
>>
>>26207816
Are you retarded?

The question is simple, why would an important piece of news only go through to sites in other languages, reaching only a small audience? All major Pokemon info goes through Japanese and English first for obvious reasons. Video games have a history of less relevant regions making fuck ups when it comes to news
>>
>>26207888
Zygarde is the Balance Pokémon, so it makes more than perfect sense to group it with Xerneas and Yveltal. However, it is very likely that Zygarde will end up doing double-duty with Solgaleo and Lunaala, seeing as it is the "hite blood cells of the Earth" afterall. I suppose Xerneas, Yveltal, Solgaleo and Lunaala will all be somewhat equal to each other, and Zygarde will be their Quintet Master. Marshadow will probably be their Giratina.
>>
>>26207929
Your question: How come only 1 country got the info?
My answer: There was 4 countries that got the info, not just 1.

Learn to read, faggot. Besides, it's completely irrelevant now. Did you not see the announcement on the TPCi Official Press Site?
>>
File: 1459810214378.png (258 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1459810214378.png
258 KB, 894x894
>>26207948
>>26207888
>these
>+ trips confirms >>26207888
>>
>>26207963
They didn't get any information in the first place, that's the point, it's a misunderstanding and/or bad reporting. It's not hard to understand that if the developers and TPC wanted to call it gen 7, then they would do it on all announcements, especially the important ones, Japanese and english.
>>
>>26208005
So let's see in 37 hours when the first actual SM announcement gets revealed.
>>
>>26208029
That won't prove anything, regardless of what the game ends up being I'm just making the point that European sites shouldn't be taken as hard 100% fact for the reasons mentioned
>>
>>26208058
Well actually, I guess it will prove them wrong if it doesn't end up being gen 7
>>
>>26207948
so if we follow the theory that Zygarde will play double duty as both balance and earth, perhaps the Mars+Shadow theory for Marshadow is accurate
>>
>>26207571
Well, maybe instead of a collecting thing, the Thousand moves could probably be used to progress through the stages, So, a Cell using a Thousand move will turn into Core, Core+Thousand=10%, 10%+Thousand=50%, and so on.
>>
>>26208078
It'll be super weird if Marshadow turns out to be an actual "Mars Pokémon", instead of just having the name for symbolism or whatever. But I'm sure GF will come up with something good; even though the recent games haven't exactly been god tier, the stories/lore themselves are still 10/10.
>>
>>26208085
Cells cannot turn into Cores. They also cannot use moves. I'm actually fairly certain they won't even be obtainable. But I suppose the "Cell Transformation" mechanic will be rather akin to Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion; Core turns into Zydog at the start of the battle, and the player can choose to transform it into Zysnek whenever they want to. Either that, or the forms are controlled outside of battle.
>>
File: 1460570483768.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1460570483768.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>30% seriously think Zygarde forms are just being dropped from the games despite being in every other form of Pokemon media
Could be worse, I guess
>>
The cores and the dog are new pokemon dex entries. They will be retconned to evolve into normal XY Zygarde by some stone or item. Then regular zygarde will have an evelution similar to primal reversion in battle. I hope they give 100% some kind of minor gimp, whether ability or something that hinders it enough so it's not mega fug 2.0.
>>
>>26208113
I wasn't aware of the Cell's inability to do things, but the idea still stands.
>>
>>26208453
>cores and dog are new pokemon
>Yet Perfect Zygarde is just an alternate forme of Zygarde 50%
Maximum autism.
>>
File: bururk urburmur.png (115 KB, 269x304) Image search: [Google]
bururk urburmur.png
115 KB, 269x304
>>26207888
>>26207948
>>26208078
>>26208096
Damn, you anons are getting me all excited for these games again.
>>
>>26208058
who the fuck cares?
>b-but we shouldnt trust any site that isnt english just because they said gen 7

if that site said gen 6 you would be all over it using it as proof, however you're just a delusional gen 6.5 fag who clings to the hope of gamefreak releasing XY for the third time as if the same game with move tutors would be anything good
>>
Gen 6 game in everything but the new pokemon/region. Anyone who expects anything else is stupid.
>>
Gen 7 with Zygarde stuff.
>>
>>26210923
>if that site said gen 6 you would be all over it using it as proof, however you're just a delusional gen 6.5 fag
Don't project too hard there, lad

People treating the european news post as complete evidence are sound like you're desperately finding something to prove them right while not using common sense to realize why it shouldn't be
>>
>>26210936
>Gen 6
>new pokemon/region
Pick one.
>>
>>26212174
I can pick both. Remakes already feature a different region from the debut game and megas are virtually the same as new Pokemon.

The problem with people calling it a new generation is that it has different implications. If it's still battle and trade compatible with XY/ORAS, same graphics, same mechanics, etc. then it's not a new gen.
>>
>>26212189
It's a new gen if there's new Pokémon, so no, you cannot pick both. Megas aren't new Pokémon, they're new forms. 100%, actually. They are programmed as forms and treated as forms. Data-wise "forms" is the only mechanic there is in Pokémon other than "completely, full-fledged new species" on this matter.

Compatibility has nothing to do with it either, as that's completely up to GameFreak's decision if they want to spend time and money on making the new games compatible with the previous. They can change this at any time they want, but the term "generation" wouldn't change with it.
>>
>>26212222
>It's a new gen if there's new Pokémon, so no, you cannot pick both

Yes I can. ORAS introduced abilities and moves mid-gen so it's completely possible to introduce Pokemon mid-gen. Again, they're no different from megas consequentially. I don't give a shit about "muh dex number" I give a shit about what it actually means. Either way it's a new thing with stats and abilities that can't be acquired in the previous same-gen game.

>Compatibility has nothing to do with it either,
It definitely does. Every gen can only battle with games of the same gen. It's just as valid a separator as new Pokemon are. The definition doesn't change because there was no definition set to fucking begin with.
>>
>>26207456
I'd prefer if it was 6.5 but it's probably a gen 7 game rushed for the 20th anniversary with some Zygarde focus on the side.
>>
>>26212222
Let's say the new games that came out were in Kalos, but the Southern region of Kalos, with new pokemon discovered. Same graphics and mechanics. Gen 6.5?
>>
Isnt it just say to say that S&M is a new gen, but will revisit Kalos at some point. Similar to how Johto was to Kanto?
This 6.5 - 7 arguement is just stupid.
>>
>>26207553
>Nintendo itself
You mean that Danish website? It's not operated by Nintendo.
>>
>>26212222
>It's a new gen if there's new Pokémon
Only an unwritten rule made by the fanbase

There's nothing stopping them from integrating new Pokemon into the same generation, and looking at how weird S/M are with patterns, it's definitely a possibility for it to happen now more than ever before
>>
Gen 7 with Zygarde having a role probably in the postgame. I also assume we'll see rather Southern Kalos in th epostgame instead of the entire Kalos which could be too big and as we know GF is lazy.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.