[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite pokémon to play with competitively?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 257MBlaziken.png (179 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
257MBlaziken.png
179 KB, 600x600
What's your favorite pokémon to play with competitively? Not design-wise, not bro-wise, not memories-wise but your favorite pokémon to actually put on your team and play with.

Pic related. Mega Blaziken sweeping is orgasmic onnce he gets some boosts and the wreck train can't be stopped anymore.
>>
Scizor.
Being able to force switches and peace out with U-turn, revenge kill with Bullet Punch or trap with pursuit brings me joy.
>>
ENOUGH WITH THAT FUCKING OWL ALREADY
>>
>>26207278
meloetta, shes soooooooooooooooooooo underrated. I like to stomp ppl in ou doubles tier and see how they cry about my strategy
>>
File: Porygon2_46555.png (45 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
Porygon2_46555.png
45 KB, 230x230
>>26207278
This bulky motherfucker right here

T-wave them and keep attacking until they are dead, use Recover when at low HP.
>>
File: Aegislash_(Blade_Forme).png (118 KB, 361x377) Image search: [Google]
Aegislash_(Blade_Forme).png
118 KB, 361x377
Still salty about banning it on Showdown tho. Now I have to use the battle spot only to get my Aegislash fix.

Hopefully Spookysword will be let back in after Su/Mo comes out.
>>
>>26207345
>Hopefully Spookysword will be let back in after Su/Mo comes out.
Yeah, for a week or two. Enjoy it while you can.
>>
File: 250px-Ash_Gliscor.png (44 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ash_Gliscor.png
44 KB, 250x141
>>26207278
Gliscor

>poison heal
>toxic orb

Earthquake and Roost are always great to have. I mix up the other two moves depending on the team.
>>
Froslass
Using Shadow Ball and Ice beam for standard attacks, taunt to force the opponent to attack me and Destiny bond to take an opponent with me. All while using a focus sash to make sure I don't die in one hit.
>>
>>26207278
Klefki, only because so many people have ragequit from battles because of mine it's not even funny

>T-wave them
>Depending on opposite mon, use either Reflect or Light Screen
>Use the one that went unused in the next turn
>Spikes x3
>Heal with Leftovers every turn
>If enemy switches, T-wave them
>Watch at the other person ends up with most of its team paralyzed

There's people who try to use dragon-type attacks on it over and over even if they don't work, and there's the people that disconnect because their team of mostly legendaries ends up paralyzed. Of course, sometimes they OHKO it, but its ability lets it at least do something before fainting.
Klefki's got the keys to my heart
>>
Tough question but I gotta say either M-Manectric or Gourgeist.

M-Manectric is fast, checks so many top tier threats, has great utility in Intimidate, and really great Fire coverage.

Gourgeist is just such a mixed bag you can never be sure what it's running exactly. Get that WoW from Rotom-W bounced back with Magic Coat. Frail Ghost-weak Megas can get revenge killed with Shadow Sneak. Common switchins can get Leech Seeded or bopped with Rock Slide on the switch. Synthesis in Sun healing all day.
>>
>>26207499
I haven't ran into this, I'll have to try it out.
>>
>>26207499
I love that set, but it's sad that Klefki is sort of obligated to run foul play because of taunt stallbreakers out there to ruin the keyring's day.

T-wave, dual screens, and foul play is my usual set, I leave hazards to Ferrothorn or Tankchomp if I can help it.
>>
File: furfrou_by_iphysik-d6sz7bf.png (391 KB, 1024x464) Image search: [Google]
furfrou_by_iphysik-d6sz7bf.png
391 KB, 1024x464
Furfrou's a blast to use with Snarl, Charm, Cotton Guard, and charge beam/t-wave with rocky helmet.
>>
>>26207338
>>26207379
>>26207532
Excellent motherfuckin taste in here.

My original favorite Pokémon to use was Zapdos back in RBY, ripping through teams with Thunderbolt and Drill Peck was so fucking satisfying.

These days, I'd probably pick something more fucky like Whimsicott. Arcanine WP Dragonite, and Curselax are lots of fun too.
>>
>>26207499

>Opponent switched in Excadrill!

Consider Magnet Rise.
>>
>>26207940

Dude Zapdos with its recently released Hidden Ability is kicking Ass and taking names in OU right now. Plus Volcanion is really popular at the moment. It does everything it did before (mainly checking physical attackers and Flying spam) but now everything that makes contact risks getting paralyzed by Static. Even Weavile gets bopped on the switch with Heat Wave. I only mention Weavile because it's a physical attacker with SE STAB that doesn't make contact.
>>
M-Venusaur in VGC was so raw
>>
>>26207499
what happens if you run into something that cant get paralyzed??
>>
>>26208132
Mamwo??
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.