[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was pretty good and if you disagree that's okay.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 567x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 567x319
It was pretty good and if you disagree that's okay.
>>
It was good, my opinion, everyone has opinions however these days people on internet are like sheep.
>>
>>26207149
>it was as good as if not better than HG/SS and if you disagree you're a contrarian
*FTFY
>>
>>26207149
Better than X and Y at least.
>>
>>26207149
I thought they were fantastic. Just pissed that they left out everything Emerald brought to the table. The expanded maingame, the better story, the new areas, the new facilities, the Battle Frontier, the epic climax showdown cutscene, the most fancy Gym Leader of all time, etc. There's so much shit that got left out they could basically make an entirely new remake just with that.
>>
>>26207149
It was enjoyable, but no replay value too easy and little replay value and postgame.
>Inb4 turn off exp share
I did
>>
>>26207149
It was good.
And that's the problem, because RS was good too
if they could take shit games like GSC, and make them in great games like HGSS, they should have been able to take good games like RSE, and make them into the best games in the series.
>>
>>26207189
I said the same thing twice.....
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 1440x900
I loved it. Dexnav, soaring, secret bases. A lot of fun.

Just don't know why they're taking their sweet time for S/M.
>>
>>26207149
They're alright games, nothing amazing.

>>26207173
OR/AS are worse than HG/SS.
>>
>>26207231
>OR/AS are worse than HG/SS.
Shit taste.
>>
Regardless of the original, ORAS was the first Hoenn game I played. I must say that Hoenn is one of the better regions in terms of exploration. It felt like you were on an actual Adventure.
>>
>>26207242
Nah, maybe they would be on par if they didn't cater to smartphone kiddies
>>
>>26207231
>OR/AS is worse than HG/SS
nobody is going to take you seriously if you're just going to say something and not actually make any arguments for it
>>
>>26207256
Play one of the original gen III games. You'll see how much of an improvement OR/AS is over R/S/E.
>>
>>26207242
>>26207271

This is literally the consensus. You're comparing some of the worst games (ORAS) to some of the best games (HGSS).
>>
>>26207231
>OR/AS are worse than HG/SS.
As long as HG/SS is filled with shitty gimmicks, minigames and hasn't fixed a thing it's worse.
>>
>>26207258
>t. I didn't turn off the exp. share because I'm a retard
The games are harder than the originals if anything considering not only are the 'moms higher level, but they have better move sets too.
>>
>>26207286
>This is literally the consensus.
It's not, it really and truly isn't anon.
In fact Gen 4 is looked down on as a whole.

The only people who place HG/SS that high are blinded by nostalgia for Johto and ignore the problems within the game.
>>
>>26207286
>/vp/ is a hivemind
A vocal minority is not a consensus
>>
>>26207149
They were good games on their own, just not very good remakes.
>>
>>26207271
Please, enlighten me into how OR/AS are so good, I'd love to know.

>>26207304
At literally no point did I have the exp share on, and nothing was even remotely difficult until the E4
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 430x110) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 430x110
>>26207149
It was a bit too hand holdy for me. Your rival would allow you to teleport you to places that the game seems "too far away :^(", Latias/Latios was just given to you and the EXP share a much larger toll on Route Trainers and Gym Battles than it did in X and Y. However replaying Alpha Sapphire I'm on my way to Winowna with this team and I'm still having a lot of fun despite my gripes!
>>
ORAS have some of the most content of any Pokemon game, adventure wise. Between the secret bases and mirage spots and soaring and diving, there were so many things to find.
>>
>>26207348
>Your rival would allow you to teleport you to places that the game seems "too far away :^("
You are aware there's only one instance in the game where you're actually teleported by force right?

Thanks for revealing that you just mash through the game.
>>
>>26207306
Name some of the problems.
>inb4 level curve
Yeah sure but compared to everything it did right they really dont factor to much. least they were faithful remakes unlike OrAs.
>>
>>26207306
> ignore the problems within the game

Being ? Just fucking name them instead of doing gratuitous assertions.

HGSS had the best adventure, the best replayability, the best post-game (Battle Frontier), the best side-game (Pokethlon), the best features (your Poke following you), the best cutscenes.
It was much more than a remake.

OR/AS is just a rehash of the originals, put in lazy 3D and with a shit-ton of legendaries put in there to call it a day. And it looks really ugly compared to X&Y.
>>
It was better than the pile of shit X and Y was.
>>
>>26207289
Shitty minigames and gimmicks that are actually fun, and add a little extra to the game without intruding too much with the source material. Unlike OrAs where they literally retconned everything.
>>
>>26207370
Oh don't worry I know, hence why I used the term "allow". So far May has always given me a choice and I haven't taken either. It doesn't change that fact that it seemed really cheap to me.
>>
>>26207378
>And it looks really ugly compared to X&Y.
Now that's debatable. There were certain decisions that boggled me, like the ugly cave textures or how square everything was, but the overall look was much better than X and Y. It was bright, colorful, and there were a lot of genuinely beautiful locations in the game unlike anything I've seen before in Pokemon.
>>
>>26207341
>it wasn't remotely dificult until the E4
As were the originals, along with every Pokémon game ever.
>enlighten me as to why it was so good
Alright
>it built upon itself and wasn't just R/S updated to gen VI
>it had an excellent story
>it had an entirely optional easy mode for newfags and people who don't like tedious shit like grinding(like myself)
>the "too much water" problem was relieved a bit by decreasing encounters in water
>the OST was amazing
>soaring
>dexnav
>sea mauville
>easy access to old legendaries from previous gens so you don't have to do tedious shit like go play the old games then trade them up to gen 5 to only have to get a Pokémon bank subscription to put them in your current game
>Delta Episode was a nice homage to Emerald instead of just straight up copying emerald
>new character designs were excelent
Though it does have it's flaws, mainly,
>not turning the game corner into an arcade with R/S pinball
OR/AS was all in all a top tier game and is definitely my favorite of the series.
>>
>>26207370
>he didn't see the fact that it was literally a post of just the retarded arguments that OR/AS haters use
Please learn to see sarcasm on the internet
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
>>26207378
>HG/SS was much more than a remake
>OR/AS was just a rehash of the originals, updated to modern graphics and mechanics of the time
Kek, I didn't know it was opposite day
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 528x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 528x749
>>26207515
I was being serious but as I stated I don't hate the game, just those MINOR issues.
>>
>>26207378
>the best post-game (Battle Frontier)
That being copy and pasted from Platinum as well as the fact that it removed several features from the Emerald version that people liked and reduced the total facility amount to 5.

>the best side-game (Pokethlon)
Yeah no, a minigame where the player has to rapidly tap or scratch the screen is just going to cause damage to the lower screen eventually the worst part is that it was geared towards children who are known for doing stupid things like that.

>the best features (your Poke following you)
Far from it, not only were texts associated to it extremely limited for the amount of pokemon at the time it failed to grasp what Pokemon were and made them nothing more than basic pets, even the godly and intelligent pokemon.
Then there's the fact that it locked the final trainer card upgrade behind the RNG of the shiny leaf.

>the best cutscene
ftfy
If I remember right there was only the Ho-oh and Lugia one in their respective game. They weren't too impressive even for GF at the time.
Tell you what though, I'll give you the overall visuals of the game.

>It was much more than a remake.
The only thing they really changed in the main game is that Ho-oh and Lugia were mandatory encounters aside from that it was essentially a graphically updated version of Crystal no different than things like Chrono Trigger DS or Twilight Princess HD in the sense that they're the same game with minimal changes.
Oh and before you mention the Safari Zone and Pokewalker, keep in mind that they weren't exactly favored among the fans the former for the arbitrary wait times it imposed on the player and the reliance on guides to get what you wanted and the latter for being nigh useless to the player as in the time you would unlock the Pokemon found in the post game and such you would be at that point in the game making the thing pointless outside of being a semi-decent pedometer.

I'd go on but I'm nearing the character limit.
>>
>>26207373
>Yeah sure but compared to everything it did right they really dont factor to much.
What exactly did the game do right anon?
>>
>>26207608
Faithfully recreate two of the most well loved Pokémon games whilst updating them to fit with the modern mechanics and fixes.

Also, they're fun as fuck.
>>
>>26207378
>OR/AS is just a rehash of the originals
>rehash
Tell the truth, did you even play ORAS or are you just a shitposting Johtoddler who's mad about it selling more than HG/SS?
>>
>>26207680
But OR/AS did that too. Except OR/AS built upon the originals.
>>
>>26207546
Tell me, what exactly is your issue with a REMAKE staying close to the source material? Gen 2 were fucking awesome and HGSS managed to keep them relevant, without changing anything that people loved about it.
Which OrAs fails to do as they;
A. Don't include any of emeralds fixes or battle frontier which you said yourself you liked
B. Force mega evolution into the game in a way where you aren't actually getting the original experience of rs
>>
ORAS... was hit and miss, really.
Most of the improvements were purely mechanical. The Hoenn Pokemon mostly all got over their latent shittyness they had when they were first introduced, wonder trading a six-pack of Zigzagoon lets every playthrough have something exciting, and it looked pretty.
Secret Bases are fun, and all of the other shit-diamonds of Gen 6, like Pokemon Amie are here, sans character customization.
On-route plight points. Yes please.

The Bad
Brendon and May, some of the better protagonists, had their designs mutilated. Also, as trainer customization got axed, you are forced to look at their shitty redesigns all day.
The story, while passable in the original, bent over and spread those cheeks for THE MYSTERY OF MEGA EVOLUTION pretty hard, and the rival was more annoying than I remember. I also feel like they pushed Steven a little more. The second one might just be me though.

Not really part of the main game, but lots of the Megas introduced here are obnoxious. Mega Ray is just the poster-child.

Mixed
The game was easier than the original, but I believe this is mostly because fewer pokemon are shitty. For reference, Poocheyena was absolutely worthless in the originals because it learned almost no physical attacks and had craptastic SpA. Now, Poocheyena is an absolutely solid pokemon because biting is considered a physical attack, now (who'd a thunk it?). Another bump comes from the field pokemon getting the occasional egg move, and becoming totally legit because of it. It isn't that the enemies are weaker, it is that your team isn't half-retarded at all times. If you solo the game with EZ chicken, it is about the same difficulty.
Contests seemed less shitty, but still not quite fun yet. It still isn't more than a "Do it once for Lulz" type of deal.
>>
>>26207711
OrAs is more close to a sequel than a remake. A remake is suppose to negate the need to replay the original game but with all the mega pandering and useless redesigns, on top of all the shit from emerald they left out, why play them over emerald? They're more gen 6 games than gen 3.
>>
>>26207759
>it's bad when a remake isn't a carbon copy of the originals
Please do the world a favor and sterilize yourself.
>>
>>26207184
>the most fancy Gym Leader of all time
They are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, you shouldn't have expected Juan to be a Gym Leader in the first place. Also even if we DID get any sort of Battle Frontier it would have just been the Battle Tower since it was the only facility in the original Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>26207256
Yeah, I always liked how far away you felt from home when you sail to slateport for the first time.
>>
>>26207846
>inb4 HG/SS Crystal damage control
>>
>>26207759
>what exactly is your issue with a REMAKE staying close to the source material?
There's staying close to the source material and then there's copying it without working out the kinks, that's what HG/SS did. Then GF had the gall to cover it up with gimmicks.

Also it wasn't totally faithful to the originals seeing as, like I said, Ho-oh and Lugia were mandatory encounters rather than optional like the originals the Suicune sidequest also had some alterations, but not exactly enough to make a large difference.

>A. Don't include any of emeralds fixes or battle frontier which you said yourself you liked
The problem with that reasoning is that they didn't include a battle frontier at all, as opposed to including a mutilated version. To put it in perspective the Battle Maison is essentially the entirety of the Gen 4 battle frontier bar rentals and parlor trick gimmicks.
That said they also shouldn't have included the Frontier plans for the but it's more excusable because it simply isn't the frontier.

>B. Force mega evolution into the game in a way where you aren't actually getting the original experience of rs
That's because remakes aren't supposed to give you the original experience, they're meant to give you an expanded experience adding more detail or elements that weren't present in the original game. ORAS did this in multiple ways and even expanded the lore of the entire Pokemon universe by confirming a multiverse and giving the player the origins of the megastones.

While writing this part I did remember that HGSS gave a shot at doing this but they were all self contained in events and didn't particularly add to the experience.
There's no real reason to play HGSS over GSC outside of the compatibility factor either.
>>
>>26207815
Well sometimes, why change what is broken? Also I'm not saying HGSS are carbon copies. HGSS managed to modernised two almost perfect Pokémon games to the point where there is little to no point playing GSC, by updated graphics/music/mechanics. Most of the story/gameplay was the game because it worked, why change it?

All ORAS do is pander to mega evolution, whilst ignoring any of the actual fixes that they made for the games OVER 10 YEARS AGO.
>>
>>26207493
Not that anon

But that was exactly what it was? It didn't do anything interesting visually, and the only real thing it built upon itself was soaring. It really felt they ported the region over, shat on the visual style and called it a day.

>the "too much water" problem was relieved a bit by decreasing encounters in water

Not really. The routes are barren with little to no pokémon variety. That's the fundamental problem, reducing the encounter rate isn't going to do shit when you have repel to do that for you.

>the OST was amazing

I can barely remember a single track

>Delta Episode was a nice homage to Emerald instead of just straight up copying emerald

Delta Emerald was the game's biggest flaw, I don't know what you're smoking.

>>26207846
I don't see why they couldn't implement a full frontier since it was pre-designed with facilities and the like. They didn't even bother to give us a tower, so that excuse is paper-thin at best. I don't see how any fans would willingly defend less variety anyways, but they do all the time here.
>>
>>26207921
>Most of the story/gameplay was the game because it worked, why change it?
This is mostly aimed at the story, it was barely touched on when the game was remade which remakes should do to not only give new players the older experience but older players a new one.
Without that it's just playing the same game again with a fresh coat of paint.

If it weren't for the battery issue of the carts there would be no real reason to play HGSS over GSC.
>>
>>26207921
>all OR/AS did was pander to mega evolution
Please play the game before you make criticisms about it
>>
>>26207493
>As were the originals, along with every Pokémon game ever.

I get it, Pokemon games are easy, but OR/AS (along with X/Y) never want to make you feel like something can be challenging.

It was still mostly gen 3 with updated graphics though. (This isn't a complaint)

>it had an excellent story
Yeah, no. It wasn't /BAD/ but it wasn't good either. (same goes for the originals and any other Pokemon game)

>it had an entirely optional easy mode for newfags and people who don't like tedious shit like grinding(like myself)
The new exp share is still bad, because you either break the game with it, or make it more tedious without. The old exp share was the happy medium, you could level up weaker pokes without making your other ones massively overleveled in the process.

Hey look, something good! BUT, repels have been a thing since gen 1, making this change almost meaningless.

>the OST was amazing
The best thing OR/AS did, tbhfam. (Even though they ruined route 113)

>soaring
Alright gimmick, but flying is still better

>dexnav
Neat, but getting breeding rejects is really easy already.

>sea mauville
It's alright.

>easy access to old legendaries from previous gens
This was done because of the pentagon, and you honestly should've already had all of those legends anyways. PokeBank was giving out 1 month free trials.

It's funny, they did this as an homage to Emerald, but forgot the biggest reason to play Emerald.

>new character designs were excelent
I agree

>OR/AS was all in all a top tier game and is definitely my favorite of the series.

You really sound like someone who thinks the latest game in any series is their favorite.
>>
>>26207939
>in what way did the game build upon itself
Look at the dialogue in R/S/E.
Then look at the dialogue in OR/AS.
Big difference, but only to those who aren't inbred mongoloids.
>why didn't they give it it's own unique post-game battle place?
You must be really slow and have not gotten the memo. Remakes have had copypasta'd post-game locations since HG/SS.
>>
File: 1462617307657.png (141 KB, 484x353) Image search: [Google]
1462617307657.png
141 KB, 484x353
>>26207173
This Hoenbabby ruined the thread with his shitty Genwars because he's mad HGSS is considered the best remake and ORAS isnt
>>
>>26207939
>But that was exactly what it was?
You do realise he's talking about the story right?
As in giving the player more lore behind Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza.
The dark side of the Devon Corporation.
A better reasoning behind Maxie and Archie's plot and more characterization for their admins
etc.

>and the only real thing it built upon itself was soaring. It really felt they ported the region over, shat on the visual style and called it a day.
That's considerably more than HGSS did where it just ported the region over and just tacked on an additional route to the edge of the region with a poorly thought out Safari Zone.
Also you're forgetting about the overworld Pokemon that can be seen flying overhead or resting on the ground until you walk up to them.

> That's the fundamental problem
Actually the issue people tend to have with the water routes is that it took a while to navigate, the encounters are a tertiary complaint at most.
Also the navigation thing was solved by Sharpedo moving at double the speed, Kyogre also moves slightly faster

>I can barely remember a single track
That's because it's obvious you haven't played the game, after all you still think it's more of a rehash than HGSS.

>Delta Emerald was the game's biggest flaw, I don't know what you're smoking.
So why was it the biggest flaw?
It gave something to both older and newer players without being a rehash and not only built on ORAS' lore but the lore of the Pokemon universe as a whole.
>>
File: image.jpg (457 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
457 KB, 800x700
>>26207378
>HG/SS
>best replayablility
Yeah, going through the molasses of Gen IV's engine just to catch the same Kanto mons you've known from the start with little variety sure is fun! I love running into wild Pidgey!
>>
>>26207960
>there would be no real reason to play HGSS over GSC.
I hate playing with the shitty old battle mechanics and movesets.
>>
>>26207918
What aspects of GSC didn't gamefreak iron out without mentioning level curve? Because that's basically unnegotiable without changing one of the core aspects of the region.

As for the lugia and ho-oh being mandatory, what difference does that really make to the story? Everyone is going to capture them eventually so its just easier to make them mandatory. It doesn't fuck with the game as much as that primal reversion shit does.

As for no battle frontier, that's not really the point, people remembered the battle frontier and wanted it in, and gamefreak didn't deliver. They even cock teased them with it being 'in construction which is basically just a fuck you you everyone.

And your point on GSC not being redundant is entirely subjective. HGSS have everything the originals have, just with all the refined battle mechanics and enhanced graphics of gen 4.

>remakes aren't suppose to give you the original experience
Is that not the point of a good remake? The whole point is to allow fans of the originals to play the game they love, revisioned through modern technology, whilst allowing younger generations to enjoy the games, by ironing out any outdated mechanics or chinks.

What do I do if I WANT to play the original story of RSE but with enhanced graphics? What if I want the experience I had as a child rekindled through a new system? What if I want all of emeralds fixes and post game content? Well shit I can't do that because gamefreak decided to give me mega evolutions instead.
>>
>>26208008
I didn't think gen V was the best when it was new. I mean I still think it was pretty trash still, and I don't plan on changing that opinion, but generally, newer stuff is better, that's the purpose of it's existence is to be better than the older stuff. And by excellent story, I meant by Pokémon standards. It wasn't boring, and it was integral to the game, but not forced.
>>
>>26207711
You know ORAS has less new areas than HGSS?
>>
>>26207184
ORAS story is better than Emerald story by a noticeable margin. But yeah really should've taken more of Emerald's good.
>>
>>26207493
Delta Episode was fucking shit and the Coldsteel main character sucked
>>
>>26208008
>but OR/AS (along with X/Y) never want to make you feel like something can be challenging.
Funny you say that because everything after the half way point was bumped up in level the E4 had a totally different and better team compared to the originals.
I'm not one to use the "you're getting older" line but that's certainly applicable here.

>It was still mostly gen 3 with updated graphics though.
It wasn't, the big one being that it's the first remake to actually change the story of the game considerably and even introduced a small amount of new moves and abilities.
HG/SS is more of a update job than anything else.

>Yeah, no. It wasn't /BAD/ but it wasn't good either.
Well duh, like you said that applies to all pokemon games. That said you can tell there was some effort put into the game story wise compared to the other games. Black and White being the exception, it just edges out ORAS.

>or make it more tedious without.
Thing about that is, the EXP O-Power is extremely easy to obtain and use at your leisure so there's not as much of a grind. I know I'm using HG/SS as a crutch at this point but that's an example of a game that would have been great with the O-Power or new EXP share due to the lack of EXP you gain along the way.

>Hey look, something good! BUT, repels have been a thing since gen 1, making this change almost meaningless.
A change for the better is a change for the better anon. There's also Sharpedo to cut down your time on the sea too.

>Alright gimmick, but flying is still better
It totally negates the need for a flyer meaning that you have an extra free slot on your team, but the battle box does negate that need as you can have a ready team in there. But a step forward is a step forward.

>This was done because of the pentagon, and you honestly should've already had all of those legends anyways.
Thing is unlike previous games, these legendaries have a guaranteed 3 perfect IVs making them more useful than the older ones.
>>
>>26208171
It didn't change the game considerably, just pasted Mega and Primal stuff over the normal story. Nothing was particularly different. Same with HGSS. Just added new events over the old story based in the new stuff.

Also, ORAS' story isn't that great. But that's just my preference. Hoenn just doesn't have that good of a story to me. And I disliked the Delta Episode immensely and even worse, its bleed into the main story with the "oh Zinnia caused it all along"
>>
>>26208208
The story doesn't annoy me as much as all the of features and fixes from emerald they refused to add.
>>
>>26208244
Oh I agree. I really didn't like ORAS that much. It was fine but I really disliked a lot about it. Platinum to Black 2 is where its at for peak Pokemon.
>>
>>26208208
>just pasted Mega and Primal stuff over the normal story.
Actually play the game anon.
They add more depth to the characters than they did in the previous game as well as expand the legend behind the trio and add more overall lore.
Magma and Aqua, Magma specifically, also have a better reason behind their actions instead of just "expand the land for everything on it!" as Maxie wanted to force an evolution for everything by causing large environmental changes.
Then there's the whole infinity energy thing where it's implied that Devon abuses Pokemon regularly to power Hoenn.

>Also, ORAS' story isn't that great.
Again, duh, Pokemon hasn't ever had a particularly good story but like I said before the signs of effort are there whereas HGSS was a total update job with no effort put in to changing the plot.
Which would have been welcomed in all honesty because I didn't like being forced to awaken Ho-oh and Lugia for no particular reason other than a forced chosen one plot.
>>
>>26208081
>HG/SS = 1 route and a shitty safari zone that didn't work 50% of the time
>OR/AS = ~32 mirage islands + soaring over the entire region
>>
>>26208295
Random enclosed areas just used to have a place for Post game Pokemon and a overhead model of the region is a lot? Cool.

Also, HGSS has 2 new routes, the frontier, the safari zone, pokeathelon, Enbedded Tower, Cliff Edge Gate, Viridian Forest and Cerulean Cave. I'm giving you the full list so you can more accurately cherry pick it and twist it to something bad to make your point look better.

>>26208292
They added new character motivations, yeah. But that didn't really changed how the events progressed. If you were complimenting the characters I'd agree with you.

>well duh
Yeah, but it was less great than the standards anyways. HGSS, Platinum and Black2 have the beat stories for me.

I mean, in HGSS, the Kimono Girls really just chose you because they saw your potential because all the help you did overall in the game. In ORAS you were super special legendary seeing chosen one twice.

Infinity Energy didn't change the story either, though it did expand the lore.
>>
>>26208068
>What aspects of GSC didn't gamefreak iron out without mentioning level curve?
Not him but
>Pokemon distribution and a lack of Johto mon in Johto
>time based events
This is a big one because they just slapped them in and made them work in real time without a care as to how tedious it is, and I know, you people will probably say "just change the time on the system!" but that just confirms the problem if you have to use a work around.
>Kanto routes are still shorter than they were in RBY/FRLG
>Same short main campaign
>several Kanto areas didn't make a return

There's even shit the little shit they forgot to put in like sleeping encounters.
>>
>>26208533
I love HGSS but I'm disappointed they didn't just go full Kanto. I know Kanto's size was tied to the three years later thing so stuff like cave collapses probably couldn't go, but I still wouldn't mind more anyways.

I don't think Johto's main campaign is short though
>>
>>26208533
Fair enough but they are still small features and at least they didn't forget to add fixes they already made for the games over 10 years ago.
Why are people even arguing how bad OrAs are?
>>
>>26208510
>viridian forest
>cerulean cave
>BF
Don't you think it's a tad ridiculous to call these "new" areas?

Yes they are new to the GSC games but the BF was lifted straight from Platinum, Viridian and Cerulean was a simple revamp using the same layouts.

Using your own logic Mauville, Sky Pillar, Granite Cave and whatever else had a revamp layout wise was a new area because they weren't present in the original in that form.

Also the Embedded tower is just a room for three Pokemon.
>>
>>26208671
>Why are people even arguing how bad OrAs are?
ORAShitters mostly that like to get their rocks off to people arguing and shitposting.

I wouldn't be surprised if OP set this thing up.
>>
>>26207378

Can somebody explain why everyone loves following Pokemon that much? When I played SS they were just there, not a big deal at all.
>>
>>26209427
I'm replaying SS right now. You're right, it is ultimately a superficial feature. But it feels so good to check up on your bros and see how they're warming up to you.
>>
>>26207149
There's a lot of samefagging going on here OP. 25 posters in a 75 post thread
>>
The DexNav was the first gimmick introduce that made me want to actually catch them all.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (75 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
75 KB, 1920x1080
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.