[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ALL Water Type Pokemon can surf automatically without using a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 56.jpg (26 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
56.jpg
26 KB, 400x240
ALL Water Type Pokemon can surf automatically without using a HM move, BUT, they have to be big enough to carry you. Same applies to Fly. Thoughts?
>>
>>26204782

Also, all Fighting and Normal type Pokemon can use Strength, as long as they're above a certain level. What do you think?
>>
>>26204813
Nidoking is not amused
>>
>>26204813
I think strength should be based on weight. If it has a certain weight it can use Strength.

I actually like this idea but I think it does need to be tied to a tangible number so it isn't just a crapshoot. I don't know if it makes sense to have them all based on weight/height though.
>>
>>26204856
Nidoking can do anything anyway though.

He'll be able to fly as well.
>>
Surf should also be able to be used by suitably bouyant Pokemon, regardless of type.
Also change Teleport so it works like Fly, but for Psychics.
>>
Honestly why hasn't this been implemented already? Such an easy fix for such an outdated feature.
>>
scald should be given to all fire types. thoughts?
>>
>>26204997
It's just hard to do it without it being pretty arbitrary and just a guessing game for the player to figure out what pokemon can do it. Even if it was based on height/weight in combination with something like type, maybe even egg group or something which isn't discernable by the player but still a concrete statistic to go by, there'd still be some exceptions to stuff, like >>26204974 with all the random normal types that can use Surf.
>>
the thing is, surf is actually a good move.
The shit that needs to be gone is stuff like Cut or Dive. Or at least buff Rock Smash to 70 power or something, so it's not complete garbage in game
>>
>>26205007
This I agree with, and why it wasn't done I don't fucking know. It'd really help out a lot of fire-types with coverage, and it suitably fits flavor. Maybe over time they'll let stuff get it.
>>
>>26205029
Water types have options besides Surf, and honestly how many non-waters actually use Surf as a coverage move besides in-game? Usually the random normal types and stuff that get it are physically inclined anyway.
>>
>>26205029
Just make a new move, call it "Tidal Wave" or something, and give it to everything that used to learn Surf via a new TM.
Fixes the compatibility issue from previous gens too.
You could do the same for the other HM moves, and buff some of them in the process.
>>
>>26204782
>>26204813
Yeah, lets make a convenience inconvenient because HMs aren't already taking up too much of a presence. I can tell that at a certain point you lost track of what's truly important for the sake of applying some ironic real-life standards for a fantasy videogame.
>>
>>26205007
Scald should be given to Fire types INSTEAD of Water types.
>>
>>26205205
Volcanion gets Steam Eruption.
>>
>>26205289
Volcanion is also part Water type so that's not at all surprising
>>
Just make it if a Pokemon CAN learn Surf, Fly, Strength, etc. then they can use it in the field with the appropriate badge even if they don't actually know the move at the moment.

And further distribute Fly amongst all fully evolved Flying plus some others like Beedrill.
>>
>>26205029
Who cares if anyone uses hm slaves anyway?

I would like HMs to go anyway and make pokemon just being able to use those if you have hm itself and badge to use it.
>>
>>26204782
fuck no! If I want to fly away on the smallest bird in the game, fucking let me.

jokes aside, that would be a cool concept
>>
Just hard-code which Pokémon can use which overworld abilities and make the player "unlock" them when beating Gym Leaders. That way it's no longer some stupid items you're forced to obtain in order to progress but instead pure information that Trainers can share between them.

>"Did you know that certain Pokémon are able to break down walls like these?"

>"If you have a strong Pokémon that can fly, it can carry you around the region to places you've been to!"

>"I use my trusty Pokémon here to carry me from island to island! Maybe you should try it too?"
>>
Great ideas, nintendo should listen to this, it would make the games so much more fun, more realistic, thing that really lacks with pokemon over time. Best thing would be a multiple choice scenario, which is definitely accessible nowadays
>>
>>26204782
Nah. It's just simple Pokémon Universe logic
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.