[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: cm.png (250 KB, 931x490) Image search: [Google]
cm.png
250 KB, 931x490
What went wrong
>>
Say what you will about Meganium in battle, at least it's still cute.
>>
>chestnaught
Shitty design

>meganium
Mediocre stats and movepool
>>
>>26203900
>we won't get a Grass/Poison Mega Meganium with Levitate
>if Meganium gets a Mega, it'll be Grass/Fairy
Why even live?
>>
File: Literally you.jpg (232 KB, 1000x730) Image search: [Google]
Literally you.jpg
232 KB, 1000x730
What went who where?
>>
Why does /vp/ suddenly hate barabro so much?
>>
>>26203889
"Nothing" and "support starter"
>>
>>26203927
It has the worst design of any pokemon.

Overdesigned and generally ugly

Of course im talking about meganium.
Spoiler: psyche
>>
>>26203927
>barabro
Because of you faggots calling it a good design and then shitting on better looking starters.
>>
>>26203927
Nobody hates Chesnaught. It's just a meme
>>
>>26203889
Owyoheeeeeeeeeeow

vs

MMhaaaaahh
>>
>>26203953
This. It's just one guy.
>>
Why does Meganium get so much hate here? It's absolutely adorable and a fine design. Favorite starter by far.
>>
>>26203995
Some autistic shit like
>it loses the leaf bayleef and chikorita had this is unacceptable!
>it turns green and just gets bigger!
Retards complain about the petals around the neck too.
>>
>>26203995
It's just a very simple design, though I like it

>>26204013
>just gets bigger!
this affects all the Johto startes desu. But its definitely better than the over designed mess that is Chestnaught
>>
>>26204038
And the Johto starters pull it off really well, all things considered. Feraligatr is also the big guy among starters.
>>
>>26203889
Chesnaught is hideous as all hell. Literally Emboar 2.0.
>>
>>26203889
>chesnaught
typing

>meganium
gen 2 stats, terrible movepool

meganium could be saved as a mega, but i highly doubt it. chesnaught could be a better poke with grass/steel instead of fighting y/n?
>>
File: NiggaPranksHisDad.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
NiggaPranksHisDad.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>26203945
>It has the worst design of any pokemon.

That title belongs to Samurott, you memer.
>>
>>26204118
Samurott has a great design, stop shitting on Samurott. Chesnaught is the one who deserves to get shat on, not Samurott.
>>
>>26204118
>spouts meme
>calls someone else a memer
Samurott is fine.
>>
>>26204118
>Pranking Mega Flygon.gif
>>
>>26204138
>>26204136
Every single Samurott thread bears people that actually explain what makes Samurott such a flawed design. It's not a meme.
>>
>>26203984
It is a known fact that the majority of /vp/ hates Chesnaught.
And yet you still try to argue that it's one person when your petty claims has been proven wrong.

Please get a trip so we can filter you.
>>
>>26204163
You mean autists rambling about how it ruins Dewott because Samurott isn't as fuckable?
>>
>>26204163
Chesnaught has literally the same design flaws as Samurott, yet people barely bother to bring them up while actively attacking Samurott. It's actually quite disgusting.
>>
File: hideous_clown_rat.jpg (4 KB, 160x70) Image search: [Google]
hideous_clown_rat.jpg
4 KB, 160x70
Oh look, the Delphoxfags are attacking Chestnaught again. Business as usual.
>>
>>26203918
I'd much prefer Grass/Fairy. Grass/Poison is already clichéd.
>>
>>26204298
>everybody who doesn't like chesnaught is a delphoxfag
Fuck you. Delphox is garbage too.
>>
Chesnaught looks kinda like he belongs in a Sonic the Hedgehog game.

Anyway, if they had colored him a darker brown in line with his pre-evolutions, he'd look cooler
>>
>>26204252
No, it doesn't. Samurott looks quadrupedal, with short, stubby legs and arms, which utterly fails to give the impression of a powerful samurai and instead looks like an awkward sea lion who got a retarded helmet stuck to his head.
This is the point where you point out that in all that fan art you have saved he looks perfectly badass.

Chesnaught's is a fine design, he's supposed to look like a bulky brawler, and that's what he looks like. I never got the hate for his design. He's much better than their middle evo.
>>
Chesnaught needs pants...leg armor...something.
>>
File: tumblr_o3ahhorQht1rk1aixo1_400.gif (895 KB, 268x320) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3ahhorQht1rk1aixo1_400.gif
895 KB, 268x320
The only starter that beats Chesnaught in bro-ness is Emboar.
>>
>>26203889
Chesnaught's arms look too stiff for me.
>>
>>26204377
>This is the point where you point out that in all that fan art you have saved he looks perfectly badass.
Ironic considering this is also the case with Chesnaught.
>he's supposed to look like a bulky brawler, and that's what he looks like.
He doesn't even look like he can comfortably move his limbs. Even Samurott looks more battle ready.
>>
>>26203889
>Chesnaught
A repulsive abomination.

>Meganium
It's okay.
>>
Looks like a Kill la Kill character
>>
>>26203889
Meganium actually has a great design. It's stats, typing, and movepool are what makes it shit
>>
>>26203889
Chesnaught is fine, if a bit weak. He's a physical tank, with a weakness to Flying, which is a super prevalent attacking type in the meta right now.
Meganium, though, is shit. 80/100/100 defenses aren't bad, but they're undermined by his weaknesses, which he has a whopping 5 of, although he does resist Earthquake and Scald. The biggest coffin nail is his move pool. Grasswhistle, Aromatherapy, Dual Screens, Heal Pulse, Grassy Terrain, etc. He's clearly supposed to be support, but 80 speed on a support is terrible, especially when Prankster exists.
>>
>>26204425
>Ironic considering this is also the case with Chesnaught.
No shit, every Pokémon has fan art where they look badass, specially starters. The difference is, Chesnaught looks badass in-game as well, while Samurott is a clunky, awkward-looking sea lion in a silly hat, that doesn't look capable of even standing in the same position as most fan art depictions. It sure as fuck doesn't look like it can hold that sword it always pulls out of its ass in fan art.
>He doesn't even look like he can comfortably move his limbs.
Bullshit. They look flexible enough, people saying that just never payed attention to his design. They're extended outwards and he is hunched over, but his arms look capable of movement.
>>
>>26204535
>Chesnaught looks badass in-game as well
No. No it doesn't.
>that sword it always pulls out of its ass in fan art
The swords are literally sheathed on his forelegs you fucking idiot. Yet here you are calling people out over not paying attention to your ugly barabro's design.
>>
>>26203889
/vp/ has their taste in the ass.
>>
>>26204535
>Chesnaught looks badass in-game as well
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No. Try again.
>>
>>26204535
>>26204588
>>26204603
NO Pokemon look bad-ass with these shitty 3d models and animations.
>>
>>26204615
It's funny because the 3d models are superior in every single way to 2d sprites and are a clear step forward in the franchise's evolution. Of course they'll get even better as time goes on, that goes beyond saying.

The exception are models ruined by the "vital necessity" of sky battles.
>>
>>26204615
>Greninja
>Groudon
>Mega Rayquaza
>Xerneas
Most of the models are fine, just lazily animated.
>>
>>26204615
this
>>
>>26203889

meganium is just a horrible pokemon, but has a good design.

Chestnaught just has an awful awful design. They tried to hard in gen 6 to force the knight/mage/ninja theming, and it only worked out for greninja
>>
Reminder that if you judge a pokemon's worth based on player versus player viability, then your judgement is shit and belongs in the trash can.

On an objective viewpoint, Meganium has a decent design, while Chesnaught has a terrible design.
>>
Your birth
>>
>>26204741
This.
>>
>>26203927
It has a terrible design.
>>
>>26203889
Ok with all

Worst Grass Starter is Sceptile and Venusaur, and prove me wrong
>>
>>26205038
>hating based Sceptile
>and Venusaur
You sir have shit taste. Both have very useful Megas too if we're talking competitive viability.
>>
>>26203889
meganium is ugly and shit in battle they basically made it venusaur but cute
>>
Meganium is an underappreciated qt that don't deserve the bashing it gets. Shitnaught however is an ugly piece of shit that isn't worthy of having its name spelled correctly.

Shitnaught should be the one to receive the bashing that Meganium is receiving, to be quite fucking honest.
>>
>>26205783
Other way around. There is nothing redeemable about Meganium. It looks like shit and it plays like shit.
>>
>>26205783
Here's your (You)
>>
>>26203889
>Chesnaught
>shit movepool for in-game, Grass/Fighting tends to be shit for online due to bravest bird
>Meganium
>punching bag
>shit movepool
>>
>>26203889
I personally like chesnaught's design just fine. shame about the typing, but eh he looks bretty gud imo
>>
>>26205812
>this is what chesnaught fags actually believe
The shit taste is real, holy dogshit.
>>26205814
He's not wrong.
>>
Currently replaying Y and chose Chespin specifically because I never picked him before since I disliked his design

He's grown on me but I made sure to level him to 36 ASAP because Quilladin is an indefensibly silly looking little fuck
>>
Chesnaught's problem is his colors. I get why it turns beige, but it doesn't keep him from looking like ass because of it. Should've kept the colors of his earlier forms.
>>
File: SHINYCHES.jpg (21 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
SHINYCHES.jpg
21 KB, 320x320
>>26207516
The shiny version kind of fixes that, but still misses the mark in some ways.
>>
>>26203889
But i like meganium. It looks bad because bayleef is so good and everybody compare these two.
>>
>>26203995

No one wanted to pick that stub Chikorita over Cyndaquil or Totodile, so Meganium gets shit on by proxy.

It's also pathetically weak, and not in the "hard mode" sense like Charmander vs Brock and such. Using Meganium is like a painful chore because everything and its mother in Johto resists and shits on mono Grass with Normal coverage.
>>
File: emboar profile.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
emboar profile.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>26204396
>The only starter that beats Chesnaught in bro-ness is Emboar.
Well, you're not wrong
>>
Whose fucking awful idea was it to give Chesnaught a goddamn ugly ass exeggutor pattern
>>
>>26204181
it's not a known fact at all you waste of space
>>
Chesnaught's best move set:

Cut
Rock Smash
Strength
4th slot whatever
>>
File: wet.jpg (456 KB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
wet.jpg
456 KB, 1840x3264
>>26203889
>people post fake """leaks""""
>people posting some dumb thing that they call an owl
>waifu threads non stop
>a sudden influx of people hating on chesnaught

Its a good thing I rarely come here or else I'd go insane
>>
File: 1461581604520.gif (620 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1461581604520.gif
620 KB, 500x281
>>26208103
It's a meme perpetuated by Delphoxfags to make everyone hate Chestnaught on sight because the status quo is Greninja > Chesnaught > Delphox. They do this to undermine Braixenfags and also try to save face.

People really in the know agree Delphox is THE shittiesr Kalos starter and no amount of bullying will ever change that.
>>
File: 1462666823083.png (20 KB, 658x643) Image search: [Google]
1462666823083.png
20 KB, 658x643
>>26204369
>chesnaught looks like it belongs in a Sonic game
Holy shit you're right.
>>
>>26205812
>riding on a duoblade.....still weak to EQ
kek
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.