[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ORAS were certainly not perfect, but if there's any aspect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (288 KB, 530x318) Image search: [Google]
image.png
288 KB, 530x318
ORAS were certainly not perfect, but if there's any aspect of them I hope carry over into Sun and Moon, it's how huge the region felt. After X&Y's linear hallway routes, it felt really refreshing to get gigantic explorable routes. They're way bigger than even their RSE versions and I'm grateful for it, because it feels more like an adventure than any Pokemon game that came before.
>>
In what way are they bigger? Is there added content or does it just feel that way because of the switch to 3D?
>>
>>26202829
The routes were enlarged. If the remake were tile for tile, the routes would still be bigger than X and Y but they wouldn't be /expansive/ like ORAS' were. Take the OP pic, route 114 for example. Running through that in the originals is way faster than running through it in the remakes because the craters and everything were made so much bigger.
>>
>>26202819
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Route_114#Appearance
They were just about the same size, the crater you posted is a one off that replaces a couple sets of stairs in the cliffs.

I hope we get a region like Johto, with lots of interconnectivity and options dungeons. But we'll probably get the same shit as Kalos because apparently Masuda thinks modern children are retarded.
>>
>>26202876
It ain't Masuda's fault kid on the internet has ADHD
>>
>>26202876
I hate how everywhere you went in oras there was somebody pointing out exactly where you should go or offering to take you back to a spot. I guess they assumed that no one talks to npcs or has basic reasoning skills anymore.
>>
>>26202819
>how huge the region felt
que? X/Y felt larger.
>>
>>26202819
See, I actually felt like ORAS Hoenn was super small, but I guess that's more because of soaring with Lati@s and seeing the whole damn region right before your eyes -- including individual buildings. If they altered the soaring to make individual buildings indistinguishable, I might feel different. Otherwise, it makes the region seem barely bigger than my neighborhood.
>>
>>26203485
The porting around got to me as well. I came out of lavaridge gym thinking about what i wanted to do before going back to petalburg. Lo and behold may shows up and is like "im going to petalburg wanna come with?"
>>
File: 1448668299060.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1448668299060.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>>26202819
>"huge region feel"
>warp gates between routes
>teleportation to plot-relevant areas at various points throughout the story, purely for the sake of convenience
>>
>>26202819

Okay kid, stop sniffing glue and go back to class.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.