[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We must make an oath, /vp/. If the first glimpse of Gen 7 doesnt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: jokingly.jpg (39 KB, 358x568) Image search: [Google]
jokingly.jpg
39 KB, 358x568
We must make an oath, /vp/.

If the first glimpse of Gen 7 doesnt look any better than Gen 6, we must all not buy it when it comes out.

Instead we must pirate it.

GF needs to learn the hard way.

We have practically given them a second chance (Third if you count the failure of ORAS). Let's not be mindless drones here.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQLB0q3hts
>>
>>26201610
You already lost it anon. People will buy it like hotcakes because they're hungry for pokemon after 2 years break
>>
>>26201635
Theyre hungry for GOOD pokemon, mind you. At least I hope thats the case.

I honestly refuse to believe people would fall for the same shit twice. Something HAS to give.
>>
>>26201665
Oh come on. You might not believe that if you're stuck on vp but LOADS of people loved ORAS.

Besides how will people know the games are good? By waiting so that other people can spoil everything for them?

Its a lost cause mate. People will buy those games whether you like it or not
>>
You're fucking autistic, bro. Gen 6 was great, anyway.
>>
>>26201684
What was wrong with ORAS, other than what was already wrong with Hoenn to begin with aka To much water? The ONLY additional problem I had was NO Battle Frontier.

Personally I loved Gen VI especially after Gen V which was my least favorite of all the Gens.

I rate the Gens

3/6
>>
>>26201801
>Gen 6
>great
>almost no new pokemon
>implying mega evolutions didn't kill the series
>easiest pokemon ever made, even toddlers can beat the game easily
>>
>>26201809
Its mostly typical "i hate current gen, its the worst".

Give it some time. After Sun and moon will be released we'll have a week or two of hype and then it will be hate on gen 7 full mode
>>
>>26201817
Dont use exp share and don't grind and it gets moderately more difficult
>>
>>26201819
I'll always hate it. I've played every generation and this is the only one where I ended up quitting halfway through because a game disappointed me that much.
>>
>>26201839
If you never finished the game then now wonder you hate it.
>>
>>26201839
thats how I felt about bw2
>>
>>26201844
no one cares, you fucking loser
>>
>>26201610
>We have practically given them a second chance
People bought gen 3, 4, 5 and 6. This would be like the 6th chance? Just forget it, retards will still buy the game even if they remove content or make bellow mediocre games. Nips especially since they only care about supporting brands regardless of quality.
>>
>>26201610
My life (and wallet) belongs to pokemon, so i'm buying it.
>>
>>26201610
That's silly. Gen 6 is much better than gen 5, which was much better than gen 4. Why would you expect that trend to stop?
>>
>>26201865
You cared enough to respond.
>>
>>26201865
No one cares about random unovabortion's shit taste either and yet here you are collecting the (You)'s
>>
>>26201920
>>26201929
put your trip on so I don't have to read your posts please
>>
Why pirate it? Why not just not play it at all?

Also, graphics aren't the only reason to play a game.
>>
>>26202036
Because there is no reason not to when its free
>>
>>26201610
Not that I've ever pre-ordered a game (because that's fucking stupid) but I think Sun and Moon will actually be quite good.
It's the 3rd set of games on the 3DS, they've had plenty of time to master the platform, even ORAS in my opinion was a decent upgrade to XY at least in terms of aesthetics. It'll be good.
>>
>>26201809
>What was wrong with ORAS, other than what was already wrong with Hoenn to begin with aka To much water? The ONLY additional problem I had was NO Battle Frontier.
Basically what >>26201819 said. A lot of people hate generation 6. Some also hate generation 3. So generation 3 remakes in generation 6 created the perfect storm for shit posting.
>>
>>26201610
I totally agree with you Op, if they screwed up this time he should be assassinated
>>
>>26201819
I loved every gen start to finish but 6 is a shitshow that I'll never replay
>>
>>26201610
>Instead we must pirate it.
You're aware that piracy gave them more money in the past? Ever wonder why so many DS were sold in comparision to 3DS? If you're going to pirate it, you're helping them more than buying legal game cartdrige.
>>
OP you fucking cuck, that'll just make them think that it's the entire franchise dying and not SM sucking
>>
>>26201610
5 gen was my favorite and it was the first time I bought the console and both games.
6 Gen... I followed the hype and I got 2ds and Y. After playing OR after a while I decided not to buy it as it has nothing I wanted from ORas Remake.
>>
>>26201610
I'm playing the series since RBYG. Got a huge sentiment to Gen 1 & 2, it (Blue) was my first Pokemon adventure and Silver/Gold just nailed it. Gen 3 was total garbage like a middle gen with few good ideas and poor execution. Also one of the weakest Pokemon designs ever and ugly starters. 4th gen for me seems like a redemption after most disappointing gen 3. Sinnoth was an incredible region, brings one of the most important aspect of modern Pokemon gaming (online battles). It was also incredible gift for nostalgia fags, many new evolutions of older Pokemon and starters design was balanced. Gen 5 pretty much tops it especially B2W2 in terms of new gameplay additions, postgame and story. The only drawbacks to me are that there's no new old mon evolutions/preforms and starters of Unova are dissapointingly weak designs. Backsprites of Pokemon in battle are also pixelated. Other than that it's pretty much best/most balanced gen ever made. Gen 6 set up presentation, it's the transition from 2d to 3d. I'm not a huge fan of chibi so overworld is not the most appealing thing to me but Pokemon models were made really good outside of washed out color palette. Starters are kind of balanced with Froakie/Chespin line being ok and Fennekin being huge disappointment. New Pokemon in Gen 6 are really good design wise but overall numer is lacking and there's no new evolution of older monsters. The new gimmick Mega Evolition is poor and lazy concept.
>>
>>26201865
Kys
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 720x421) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 720x421
Daily reminder
>>
>>26202875
1,2,4,5 was great.
3,6 - flawed.
>>
>>26202875
That is so irrelevant.
>>
>>26202893
Oh, really?
It's already been proven that OP is a Univabortion, so he thinks Gen 5 is the best.
And he thinks Gen 6 is the worst.
And we're up to Gen 7 now.
Seems to me like the three arrows have been slid to the right already.
>>
>>26202898
This is flawed because he thought that gen 6 was shit even before announcement of gen 7. And no one was hating gen 5 when gen 6 was announced.
>>
File: image.png (212 KB, 553x485) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212 KB, 553x485
>>26202954
>I didn't see it so it's not true!
>>
>>26202961
gen 5 was objectively better and also last entry in 2d. Gen 6 will be topped shortly after gen 7 got released. Doesn't change the fact that gen 4 and 5 were loved. There's no grand scheme there, it's just that gen 6 is weak in comparision.
>>
>>26201610
I already preordered 4 copies, hopefully that cancels you out ^.^
>>
>>26203014
see
>>26202762
>>
The main problem with this franchise is that it's stuck in hands of lazy and incompetent developers that introduce features and fixes way later than they should have and don't bother polishing in-game experience at all, instead wasting their time on little gimmicks just to remove them immediatelly afterwards.
A great example of this is physical-special split, something that happened a generation late. Or Challenge Mode (still not entirely properly handled). And we still have the absurdly retarded Level 100 in-game cap which should've been halved by now. And competitive Pokemon still has its legitimacy shredded by RNG that has no place in any turn-based strategy game. And we still have no periodic balance patches or official Pokemon tiering. And event mons still haven't been de-eventified many years after their purpose of cashgrab has finished. Even if GF is going to ever implement any of those in the future, it's going to be way later than it should.

All generations have made their own tiny steps towards improving the series, but said steps getting increasingly smaller with each gen is very alarming.
>>
>>26201809
The problem is that remaking RS was all they did. Compare it to HGSS, which are almost universally seen as one of the best sets of Pokemon games. HGSS remade GS, of course, but they also added in a ton of new shit that made the games something more than just a remake. Pokeathlon, Safari Zone, Pokewalker, following Pokemon, trainer rematches, and a lot of the stuff Crystal had.

ORAS is literally just RS except in 3D. The only new stuff added is a couple of megas, soaring, and a single and very short post-game quest. They couldn't even be bothered to copy the features from Emerald that improved upon RS, like the battle frontier or the improvements in the teams of gym leader's and the like.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.