[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell do gen 6.5 fags want sun / moon to be 6.5? Why wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: top-gallery-5.jpg (35 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
top-gallery-5.jpg
35 KB, 578x327
Why the hell do gen 6.5 fags want sun / moon to be 6.5? Why wouldn't they want more pokemon?
>>
No one fucking knows
>>
>>26201104
Kalos/gen 6 is unfinished.
>>
FUCK OFF! IT'S NOT GEN 6.5, IT'S GEN 6, YOU FUCKING RETARD!!
>>
>>26201104
Because I don't want them to rush and just give us any old shitty (amount of) Pokemon like gen 6 because they think "times up we need a new gen now!"
>>
Well I was on the "I want Z" camp just to have a better version of Kalos. I'm not a fan of Gen 7 being on the 3DS since it'll be like Gen 5 which just didn't look different enough from Gen 4 and was actually kind of "forgotten" since it came out at the end of the DS' life and the launch of 3DS.
>>
>>26201104
Do you not know what a Gen 6.5 would be? According to the original idea of it it would introduce a second half to the Kalos Dex with brand new Pokemon while also introducing a new region which would basically be "Southern Kalos", meaning even if we were to get a Gen 6.5 (which will never happen because you can't have half a generation) we could still have brand new Pokemon introduced, which also means that you technically can't use the "new Pokemon = new Gen" argument since that is the idea of a Gen 6.5.
>>
>>26201256
>which will never happen because you can't have half a generation
You sound like that guy who says that you can't half press a button. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>26201104

Because third version games are usually the best of the entire gen. Something like Z would've been really good. I'm not a denialfag but I would prefer a third version because I like Kalos.
>>
You don't understand the gen 6.5 argument. The whole point is that there are new Pokemon but everything else is the same as gen 6.
>>
>>26201104
my dude, 6.5 as in Kanto 1.5. Same overall story, different neighboring region with new pokemon.
They don't literally mean 6.5, it has to be 7.
Kanto->Johto = Kalos->(SuMo)
>>
>>26201104
>Why wouldn't they want more pokemon?
Some people don't actually like pokemon anymore, but since it's easier to criticize the franchise, they make bullshit like "too many pokemon!!!!".

Not related to the existence of 6.5 fags though since their "reasoning" is that there's still Gen 6 material to be released in the games, to which there's no precedent(regarding pokemon and forms I mean).
>>
>>26201253
theyve probably been working on this game for a while. it *is* their 20th anniversary game after all.
>>
>>26201256
>(which will never happen because you can't have half a generation)
Gen 6.5 means "Gen 6 with extra material that's not enough to call a new gen", not a half gen.

People did call FRLG gen 3.5 or HGSS Gen 4.5.
>>
Well. we'll see if gen 7 will have gen 6 stuff. If it does everybody will be happy. If it doesnt GF will get some backlash again, especially if they'll omit the Zygarde formes. Potential anime exclusive mons is like opening a can of worms
>>
>>26201365
This. Z with alterations to the region, better camera angles and omnidirectional walking/running from ORAS, with the roller skates altered to activate only when needed would've been perfect.
>>
>>26201587
wouldnt that just make ORAS 6.5 though?
>>
File: tickichi.png (336 KB, 445x481) Image search: [Google]
tickichi.png
336 KB, 445x481
>>26201104
they think kalos was good
>>
>>26201104
I want them, but I'm not dumb and realize the facts in front of me, Gen 6 is shit, but sadly we are not in Gen 7 yet.
>>
>>26201199
This.

We know from the reveal that there will be new Pokemon, which we all accept, but gen 6 and Kalos in general is unfinished.

Looking at Zygarde, it's obvious to the less retarded of us that it'll have some major involvement in the plot, and it's the "guardian" of all box legendaries of XYSM.
>>
>>26201104
Because they think Kalos was shit and it's "impossible" for GameFreak to go back and fix it if SM are Gen 7 games. Literal idiots, GameFreak can do whatever the fuck they want. If they want to make Pokémon Z to go back and fix Kalos, they can do it even if it's a Gen 7 game. Every Gen 6.5 fag is a retarded idiot who's in denial to the fact that it's already been confirmed a hundred times that SM is Gen 7. Pokémon Z can be a Gen 7 game, and it will be if it's ever made.
>>
>>26201104
Remember gen 6 is the first generation that introduced Pokemon half way through that weren't backwards compatible, in the form of new megas in ORAS, so anything is possible now.

Here's what I'm expecting of a gen 6.5:
>No new starters. Instead, a single new Pokemon will be the starter, or the Kalos starters, or Eevee. Kalos starters will be available later on otherwise, like the Kanto starters in XY.
>Kalos is re-visitable.
>There will be several ties to the new region, like a moon dial. It will be the opposite of Kalos - hot, rural, chilled, full of wildlife.
>The new region's Pokedex will consist of all the Pokemon not in the Kalos dex - you'll notice much of these are mons more suited to a warm climate eg Blitzle, Darmanitan, Tropius. Therefore, with Kalos being revisitable, every Pokemon will be available in this game as it "all comes together".
>The new box legendaries represent day and night. With Xerneas being life and Yveltal being death, there are time-related themes and Zygarde is the "God" of all of them.
>Like XY, there are 70 or so new Pokemon.

Here's what I would consider as gen 7:
>New starters
>Maybe Kalos is revisitable
>Mentions of XY events but no real ties.
>Zygarde is in a dungeon at the end with no plot.
>>
>>26201104
They feel shortchanged because they believe that XY and ORAS weren't good enough.
>>
>>26202521
they could very well mix the 2 things and pull a gen II, as many have pointed out. We'll know in a few days though
>>
>>26201668
>>26202491
Oh god, I hope yoy people are wrong. Original Zygarde was nice, but the new formes have made it an abortion of a pokemon. Hopefully we'll never see or speak of it again.

>>26202521
You might as well intend for an actual Eevee to pop out of the console, with those expectations.
>>
>>26201104
who cares what gen it is? gen is just a number.

also I hope we get less than 50 new pokemon so they can work on balancing old ones
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.