[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys even like Nuzlockes? My Pokémon keep dying for bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 39.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
Do you guys even like Nuzlockes? My Pokémon keep dying for bullshit reasons.
>>
>>26184529
It´s like crack. Theres downsides, M8!
>>
I like playing with a lifeline clause, if it dies in battle you have 30 sec to get to center and can save it. If done correctly, flip coin and see. Rng baby.
>>
Nuzlockes are retarded. Never did one before but read about it, if your whole team faints you lose? So what you have to start over this 40 hour game? That's retarded. And it's not even difficult, all you have to do is overlevel. Really stupid. If you want to make the game more difficult, just train 6 pokemon, and never go out of your way to train. Your pokemon will be very underleveled.
>>
>>26184568
In order to level up, you have to beat like 15 wild Pokemon per level. It's horrible.
>>
>>26184560
I think that defeats the purpose.
>>
>>26184568
there's usually a rule where people don't overlevel their pokemon in nuzlockes
>>
>>26184529
No, hate them
I prefer to use difficulty hacks to raise the difficulty instead.
>>
>>26184568
I generally do this, "killing" your mons isn't really added difficulty it's just adding an arbitrary punishment.

But I do like to utilize the "first pokemon in a route" rule, just for team variance if nothing else.
>>
>>26184624
The chances of being able to get to a center within 30 seconds are slim unless it dies on the last Pokemon or dies of Poison. Even then the last Pokemon you have to get through all the dialogue, the fly/teleport/etc. menu and animation, etc.
>>
>grind too much
>too easy
>grind too little
>everything dies
>grind just enough
>everything still dies, but now to crits

Why bother
>>
>>26184965
>He grinds in a pokemon game
>>
>>26184529
I don't play Nuzlockes.
I'm not a competitive player.
>>
>>26185071
>nuzlockes
>competitive
>>
File: Fuck You.jpg (41 KB, 480x622) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You.jpg
41 KB, 480x622
>>26185071
This might actually be the dumbest shit I've read today and I just woke up. Thanks.
>>
They're fun because they're the only way to play Pokemon that's challenging for good players. Normally it's balanced for 10 year wolds who don't know shit.
>>
I do a modified Nuzlocke that I call "Headlocke"

1. All usual Nuzlocke Rules
2. Can only battle Trainers for EXP
3. Can't level past the average level of the next gym leader (or elite 4's) team. (If you do, you have to box them until that next challenge is completed.)
4. Can't use items from bag in battle (except Pokeballs)
5. "Set" battle style
6. Starter is decided by last digit of Trainer ID. (1-3, Grass / 4-6, Fire / 7-9, Water / 0, Choose)
7. Can only use the same number of party members that gym leader is using.

>>26184568
Where this guy complains about it being a huge time-sink, I only ever play on an emulator with 3x speed, and because my only option for gameplay is to continue progressing, the game goes by a LOT quicker than usual.

My friends call them "Autism-Runs" which I'm inclined to agree with, but that's the only way I can still enjoy Pokemon games. They're way too fucking easy, otherwise.

It converts the game in to something that requires a lot more knowledge and a general strategy. For instance, in Red/Blue the maximum level a party member can be under this ruleset before Brock is 13. Brock can be pretty easily beaten with Squirtle, Bulbasaur, or Butterfree, but without one of those he can still be fairly easily defeated with the usage of 6 growls from a support pokemon that can tank a few hits, then switching over to Charmander.

It's all about properly utilizing your team..
>>
>>26185385
For clarification, rule #7 only applies for the battle with the next gym leader. You can keep a full party of 6 otherwise.

I also allow for HM slaves that can remain fainted in the party without repercussion. I had too many good runs end at Vermillion gym or right after beating Bugsy.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.