[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 55-Accelgor line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: 4881288_249px.jpg (9 KB, 249x236) Image search: [Google]
4881288_249px.jpg
9 KB, 249x236
Yesterday was Cryogonal, today will be about the ninja before Greninja, Accelgor and its prevo Shelmet.
My thoughts: Another awesome Gen 5 Bug type. Accelgor is pretty nice to use, hits fast and hard, and does it well. I've used it in the BW2 PWT and it kicked a lot of ass. Conceptwise, the Accelgor line plays on the same predator-prey relationship of a species of beetle(Karrablast) that feeds on snails(Shelmet) and then takes the shell as their own. Thankfully, the relationship in Pokemon isn't so win-loose. As Karrablast gets an awesome set of armor and becomes the tanky Escavalier, Shelmet looses all that extra weight and becomes the speedy Accelgor. Designwise, this bug just looks cool. The design seems to be a combination of an auto-racer, a ninja, and a giant tube worm or bagworm pupa. How do they take such weird concepts and put it all together to make such a badass Pokemon?
Anyways, overall like I said, another great Gen 5 Bug type.
>>
File: 1459883964670.jpg (259 KB, 1102x1117) Image search: [Google]
1459883964670.jpg
259 KB, 1102x1117
Based as fuck, though I like his counterpart more.
>>
> pure bug type
:\
Like the counterpart better
>>
>>26184070
Don't understand why the one with a shell evokes into it, but really cool. Shit evolution method
>>
>>26184070

It's ok. Escavalier is cooler, in my opinion.

I think it'd should've been bug/ghost or bug/dark to make it a bit more interesting. Maybe even bug/normal.
>>
Accelgor is honestly probably my least favourite pokemon design-wise. It's just so fucking ugly
>>
>>26184151
Start reading from "Conceptwise" and you'll see why Shelmet evolves into Accelgor and why the trade evolution, dumb as it is, plays a thematic role with these two Pokemon
>>
>>26184151
Karrablast stole the shell.
>>
>>26184151
karrablast takes the shell off of shelmet when they pass each other in the trade. so accelgor comes out of the shelmet shell as a fast ninja, and escavalier climbs into the shell to become an armored knight.
>>
File: wtf.png (156 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
156 KB, 600x463
How they could look if they never swaped
>>
>>26184070
There is not one Bug in Gen V I don't like. Too bad Accelgor does not have much use. I hope new generations give it some interesting moves to raise its viability. Right now it has what? Fast Spikes and Final Gambit? Other Pokémon, even other Bugs do fast Spikes better, and while Final Gambit is great for a surprise wall break, I don't know I'd run a Pokémon just for that. Especially since pulling off both Spikes setting and using Final Gambit in the same game is pretty much impossible.
>>
>>26184143
DESU I like both but I would like Accelgor to have a secondary type. Maybe Dark because alongs Greninja, they're both based on ninjas
>>
>>26184220
Terrible.
>>
Shelmet is cute! CUTE!!!
>>
>>26184220
lol wut
>>
>>26184243

I know but look at escavalier, a pokemon I really love, but his movepool is so bland, past iron head, x scissor, megahorn, and maybe drill run. He has a weak move pool. And his speed and his dex make 0 sense...
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 640x894) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 640x894
>>26184070
Is a great Bug-type special attacker and Ninja Pokémon. It's a shame it is currently low tier.
>>
I love Accelgor. Wished it was part dark type. Who knows maybe a mega evolution can fix that.
>>
File: bad touch.png (295 KB, 500x2000) Image search: [Google]
bad touch.png
295 KB, 500x2000
>>26184151
>>
I like the concept. Fastest Me First in the game IIRC.
>>
I don't mind it being pure Bug. It's a rare fully evolved typing. Pinsir loses it with its Mega and the fireflies are shit.

However, Shelmet should be Bug/Steel.
>>
>>26184070
>Caring about how a Pokemon looks
Very autistic indeed.
>>
>>26184070
"""Bug"""
>Based on a snail that gets eaten alive in its shell by a beetle
Should have been Water/Steel and Water/Ghost
>>
Accelgor would have been amazing with a better ability.
Something like Prankster, Tinted Lens, Speed Boost, even infiltrator would have made more sense than what it got.

That said, Accelgor is one of my favorite pokemon despite being a trade evo.
I hope the Mega does something interesting.
I saw a suggestion on here about making Accelgor's ability being that he calculates his damage against the enemy's speed stat instead of their defensive stats making him into a weird wall breaker where he sucks at fighting other fast pokemon but great against slow pokemon.
>>
>>26184220
The image is shit, but that would be a cool alternative evolution idea for each one.
>>
>>26185992
That makes 99% of this fanbase then. What are you, a special snowflake?
>>
As someone who has Gen 5 as his favorite gen and Bug his favorite type, I admittedly find Accelgor a little lacking. The design is a bit nebulous. The ninja aspect comes through, but I have difficulty discerning what the rest of its body is even supposed to be. It's a very non-descript Pokemon below the head.
>>
>>26186151

>Wanting more Water-types.

Kill yourself my man.
>>
File: 00034235.png (231 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
00034235.png
231 KB, 512x512
He reminds me of this guy
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.