[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/heg/—Hacking & Essentials General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14
File: smog36__25922.webm (834 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
smog36__25922.webm
834 KB, 256x384
List of notable ROMhacks: http://pastebin.com/hMRJR8KX
Getting started on your own hack: http://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP

Essentials: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Downloads

Essentials Wiki: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki

RMXP Tilesets: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar

Sites for sharing games:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/
http://reliccastle.com/forums/

IRC channel: #/vp/romhack @ irc.synirc.net
Webclient: http://webirc.synirc.net/?channels=/vp/romhack

Topic: What can we do to prevent "bump" threads?

Video is of Meta Mercury when it was a rom hack a year ago.
Marshall was being edited into a character named Sandra, whose team was based around using the Sandstorm weather condition. Newsense was a fakemon, that I wanted to include but could develop a decent design, hence the abonination.
Since then, Sandra, the heroine, and Newsense all have gotten drastic redesigns, but I always find nostalgia in looking back at the old inspiration.
>>
>>26177701
Is that a BW romhack?
>>
>>26177707
Yeah, Bw2 actually.
The original concept of it was to give every major trainer top-level competitive pokémon, while the trainer only had access to underwhelming ones that would still have great utility. Like Wish non-eviolite chansey or Tail glow Lumineon. Think an exaggerated Pokémon XD.
I got pretty far, but decided it would be best done on another platform.
>>
>>26177701
>>26177740

I'm still waiting for DS romhacks that can edit maps.

Nothing will make me happier than Gen V HGSS.
>>
>>26177740
>XD
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>26177769
Oh look, that joke again.
>>
>>26177753
Actually I figured it out a few months before i transitioned to Essentials. You can do shit tons with Spiky's Map Editor, I tell you.

>>26177769
Wew lad
>>
Can anyone point me towards a Star Sapphire download? I was retarded and deleted mine while moving files around. Also, did anyone make an Omega Ruby version of the same thing? I got a cousin who wants to play it but only wants to play Omega Ruby because he insists its cooler.
>>
>>26177753
HGSS needs a lot more than porting to Gen 5's engine to be playable.
>>
>>26177753
I want to improve something about every family of Pokémon.
What would Moves, Pokébody, or Mega evolutions would you suggest?
Could we start with Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander families?

I was thinking of making morning sun and weather ball level up moves for Venusaur.
Charizard would love receiving Acrobatics and Dragon Breath
Blastoise could use level-up access to Water Spout, and I could see a shell smash move tutor.

On another note, Psychic types can no longer become confused.
>>
Can I somehow turn classical music mp3/sheet music into pokemon music? Whats the best and easiest way for someone new to making music?
>>
>>26177845
Speaking of SDSME, does anyone know if it's being actively worked on by someone? It really needs some bug fixes and extra options in the trainer editor. I'm considering doing it myself some time, but the source is pretty messy so it's going to be a major project.

>>26178685
http://pastebin.com/0VB0v7Hc
>>
>>26179499
not sure.

As I said, i haven't worked on 5th gen games in almost a year
>>
File: 1462246988029.png (76 KB, 344x295) Image search: [Google]
1462246988029.png
76 KB, 344x295
>>26178701
I get that you enjoy sucking Game Freak's cock, anon, but could you do it in a place other than here?
>>
Bump

Last day of finals, hopefully after this I can have more free time to hack.
>>
>>26177769
This is my favourite.
>>
Kanto Roads again. Last thread died before I could get some feedback on this. I'm trying for a legit hedge maze on the way to Bill's.
How does it look? Is it maze-y enough?
Red dots indicate the line of sight limits for trainers.
>>
File: 1460348427278.png (115 KB, 415x292) Image search: [Google]
1460348427278.png
115 KB, 415x292
>>26182248
>sucking GF's cock
>when he's saying HG/SS was shit
You what?
Are you retarded?
>>
What's the best Pokemon hack out there? My buddy started playing Storm Silver, and said it's pretty good.
>>
Opinions on hacks like Pokémon Vega, Altair and Sirius, Procyon and Deneb including fakemon into the hacks?
>>
>>26184405
People on /vp/ who shit on HGSS do it in an attempt to defend ORAS by trying to bring the opinions of a much-better-liked remake down. The only reason you'd defend ORAS in such a manner would be because you have GF's cock down your throat.
>>
>>26184599
>do it in an attempt to defend ORAS
No one is even talking about ORAS you retard.
Now who's sucking GF's cock by claiming a shitty remake was good just to cement your hate on another shitty remake.
>>
>>26184655
You aren't fooling me, anon. Nobody shat on HGSS before ORAS came out and the GFIDF needed a way to make it look better. Same with Emerald.
>>
>>26184672
>Nobody shat on HGSS before ORAS came out
You're fucking kidding me right?
Along with the usual complaints about gen 4 there was shit about how it was filled to the brim with useless gimmicks and the time based events being more annoying than ever before. Oh and it not fixing shit from the previous game as well as the fucking Safari Zone.

The complaints always existed but then there's people like you who just willingly ignored that shit either due to trying relive the nostalgic days or some other bullshit along those lines and you just ate up that shit like there's no tomorrow.

>Same with Emerald.
You mean like you Johtoddlers and HG/SS right?
>>
>>26184763
Your blatant revisionism won't fly. You're clearly the same guy as the one who constantly brings up HGSS in ORAS threads for exactly the reason I described, because just like in those threads you're obsessed with shitting on the Safari Zone.

Please get out of /heg/, we're usually a peaceful general other than the hack v. essentials in-fighting.
>>
>>26184789
>You're clearly the same guy as the one who constantly brings up HGSS in ORAS threads
This isn't even an ORAS or HGSS thread you jackass.

You jumped on another anon just to complain about ORAS when no one was talking about it.

>we're usually a peaceful general
May I direct you to the post that started this whole thing?
>>26182248
Completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand and added nothing whatsoever. You just shat on another anon's opinion for no reason.
>>
File: 1462488171215.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1462488171215.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
>>26184599
>>26184672
>>26184789
This is why we can't have nice things, there's always one guy that has to fuck things up.
>>
Is there a recent list of finished gba hacks. All the ones I run into are only partially complete.
>>
>>26184816
>May I direct you to the post that started this whole thing?

You mean >>26178701 ? Someone shitting on HGSS out of the blue for the sake of pushing their agenda?

>>26184917
I'm not the guy who came in trying to fuck shit up.
>>
>>26184988
>Someone shitting on HGSS out of the blue
>out of the blue
>when the reply chain was about improving it by remaking it in gen 5's engine
We have a genius right here.

>for the sake of pushing their agenda?
What fucking agenda?
There talking about hacking a gen 5 game, you weren't.
The only one trying to push an agenda is you by trying to blame ORAS when it was never a part of the conversation to begin with.
>>
>>26185065
>man, I want to port HGSS to Gen V
>don't do it it's SHIIIIIIT

It was clearly trying to start genwar shit.
>>
>>26185091
>>don't do it it's SHIIIIIIT
Please direct me to where that anon said these words or anything that can be taken that way.
>>
>>26185122
He said the games weren't playable and that not even putting them in a better engine would make them playable. That's pretty explicitly calling it shit.
>>
>>26185144
That doesn't answer the question you idiot. Where does he say
>DON'T DO IT IT'S SHIIIIIIT

Both of them were calling it shit second anon said it would take more work than directly porting it to make it better.

Just fuck off and leave /heg/, you're just starting to stir shit up for no reason.
>>
>>26185190
I've been here since /heg/ was /rhg/, I'm not going to be told to leave by a newfag.
>>
>>26185217
Yeah sure because that's something to be proud of.
This general is better off without you especially if you're that attached to HGSS that you can't take even a small amount of negativity towards it.
>>
>>26185258
Calling something completely unplayable isn't "a small amount of negativity," and my issue is less the game they went after and them pushing their GFIDF flame war to /heg/ in the first place.
>>
>>26185309
>them pushing their GFIDF flame war to /heg/ in the first place.
That was all you anon.
Just look at how you're the only anon to reply there going on a short rant about ORAS when no one was even talking about it at all and then implying that HG/SS is devoid of mistakes.

>Calling something completely unplayable isn't "a small amount of negativity,"
That is exactly what it is.
They didn't go into detail about what was unplayable about it, they just said that and ended it there.
There was no reason for you to go off on one and say he was sucking GF's cock for saying one of their games were bad, especially in a romhacking general where people periodically try and fix GF's mistakes.
>>
>>26185390
You don't get to push a flame war and then act like the person calling you out is the instigator.
>>
>>26185403
You are the instigator your retard.
The one who started this flame war was you, specifically when you said he "enjoyed sucking Game Freak's cock" for no reason at all other than some loyalty to a game.
That's even worse than the brand loyalists in /v/.
>>
>>26185442
Nigga. You cannot go out of your way to call something shit and act like I'M the fucking instigator. YOU (or the anon who said it in case you're not him) had to have known exactly what you were doing.
>>
I come back and excited to see lots of new replies in heg, and it's all argument. One day we will prosper.
>>
>>26185469
One day. I do insist it's not my fault, I apologize for perpetuating it though.
>>
>>26185459
>You cannot go out of your way to call something shit and act like I'M the fucking instigator.
Have you taken a minute just to look at the posts you have made in this thread? They are only antagonistic and add nothing to this thread other than hateful comments towards a single anon just because of his opinion towards a game.
You're the one that went off the deep and and you're the only one who replied, you didn't even take notice of the reply chain there or the context of the conversation.
You just decided to attack him for no reason.

>>26185469
Apologies on my end anon but it's unbelievable that these kinds of people exist.
>>
>>26185551
As if "HGSS is SHIIIIT" isn't antagonistic?
>>
>>26185570
It is when you put it like that but no one did put it in such a way did they.
Why would you try and fabricate something when we can easily scroll up and see that you're overreacting?

Whereas you literally said he sucked GF's cock for it.
>>
>>26185607
To call something unplayable is to call it shit. When has anyone in the history of vidya ever called something good despite being unplayable?
>>
>>26185551
I guess it's this or bumbs anyways lol.

I want to add more dynamic buildings other than just towns with 2 room houses. Any cool ideas? Make them seem more like actual towns without being too big to walk around easily.
>>
>>26185618
Now you're just moving the goalposts.
Someone can say something is bad without being antagonistic about it, you are aware of this right?

>>26185620
I'm thinking of the little things that towns have, or at least my town, terraced houses, alleyways a nearby field of sorts, cats wandering about, an allotment.
The whole thing would probably be slightly larger than Hearthome if you made the field an adjacent route along with the allotment being a side area on said route.
>>
>>26185726
It's antagonistic to do so out of the blue and to such a negative extreme as to call it unplayable.
>>
>>26185726
Stray Pokemon! I didn't think of that.
And are terraced building sorta like apartments?
>>
>>26185756
Nah, they're just houses in a row that are attached.
>>
File: _original[1].jpg (1 MB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
_original[1].jpg
1 MB, 3000x2250
>>26185756
For reference.
I reckon it would work pretty well considering pokemon houses are essentially copy and pasted.
>>
>>26178905
>Can I somehow turn classical music mp3/sheet music into pokemon music?
The best mp3 to midi converter will turn every channel into a single track. I don't think there's such thing as a sheet music to midi converter either.
>Whats the best and easiest way for someone new to making music?
1. Learn to read sheet music
2. Pirate FL Studio
3. ???
4. Profit!
>>
>>26185745
This entire flamewar is probably based on a misunderstanding of the anon.

He never even called HGSS shit. Another anon did.
I think he just meant that porting HGSS to gen V isn't as easy as map editing.
>>
>>26177740
Is there a document of research done on BW2?
I may want to get into hacking nds games soon, but I fear there's a giant barrier between hacking gen 1-3 and hacking gen 4+
I checked out a map editor for it once, but didn't understand much. That's on my part though, since I didn't read any tutorials.
>>
>>26186118
Mkay. I can sight read music, just never composed, so I was thinking classical would be the best route. Is anvil as good as fl?
>>
File: 1457380557226.jpg (370 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1457380557226.jpg
370 KB, 1280x1707
>>26184929
Anyone?
>>
>>26184929
>>26187921
Have a look at the Hacks studio on pokecommunity
>>
>>26188055
tyvm anon. Checked it out and thats is what i was looking for also overlooked the link in the OP so im an idiot.
>>
>>26187476
I used to have a Youtube account that showcased Sprite Hacking, Music Editing and early form of Map Editing from before SDSME, but I closed the account around 9th or 10th grade, so it's long gone.

there are a few tables with NARC descriptions:
https://projectpokemon.org/rawdb/black2/
>>
>>26187858
>Is anvil as good as fl?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No.
>>
>>26187858
Scratch that. I'm assuming all you plan to do is make midis, correct?

If so, Anvil Studio will suffice. Although do consider illegally downloading FL. You won't regret it.
>>
What are you working on, lads?
What do you think you have to improve?
>>
>>26184763
>wasting energy arguing with someone who uses this kind of logic

Why?
>>
What would /heg/'s opinion on a game/hack focused around double battles in the same vein as the gamecube Pokemon games?
>>
>>26189408
Don't overdo them.
>>
so if you're a macfag whats the approach here or are you just fugged?

I can program. Certificates in it. Java, javascript, PHP, html, css yadda yadda not an issue. I get programming and the genral approach to w/e language I put my mind to. I also have access to RPG maker MV. Obviously this doesn't gel with essentials. But at a stretch I can take parts from one and apply it to the other.

Has anyone been down this road before or is my best approach to discard the Mac end of things and work via wine/bootcamp?
>>
>>26189408
I'd play it. But be sure to give pokemon more support moves.
>>
>>26189408
There's hacks of Emerald and Fire Red in which all the trainers are double battles.
>>
File: 4fa.jpg (21 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
4fa.jpg
21 KB, 480x480
HGSS are fantastic but being in Gen V would have made them flawless.

>>26178701
>>26184655
>>26184763
>>26184816
>>26185065

>>26185442
>>26185309
>>26185091

I'm really glad my post caused this autism.
>>
>>26189408
Double battles are the best way to play, so I wouldnt mind.
>>
necrobump
>>
>>
>>26192709
Bamp

Which Pokemon species need the most improvement?
>>
>>26193795
All of them.

We need more mons with out-of-type moves. It seems like Normal and Psychic are the only types that get a good selection of non-STAB moves.
>>
>>26193795
Thundurus and Landorus :^)

If it's crap try to improve it. Also try to think of ways to make that mon more interesting to use. There's so many mons that beg for improvement that I can't even list them.

Whatever you do, at least consider giving Probopass Levitate?
>>
>>26193795
Ledian
>>
>>26193795
I want to know this too. Like I want my game to make shitmons more viable.
>>
What hacks work on EZ Flash IV? I finally got one at a good price and now I want to play some mons on my commute to work. Also here are some boobs for the help.
>>
>>26195878
It's a GBA flash cart. So... Any hacks of GBA games?
>>
>>26195899
Oh ok I thought that for some reason any emerald/ruby/sapphire has wouldn't work due to the clock or something.
>>
>>26195899
Don't quote me on this, but don't some GBA hacks use an expanded ROM that doesn't work on console, only emulators?
>>
>>26196002
Oh, maybe. But they wouldn't be unplayable at any rate; you just wouldn't get berry-growth or other time-related events.
>>
>>26189102
Working on a script that checks if a Pokemon is a flier/levitator so that Ground moves won't work against it. I just want to give all those Pokemon with Levitate something else.
>>
>>26196014
Why would emulators not match the actual hardware? The GBA has 32MB allocated for the ROM, which is the size of an expanded Pokémon game: http://problemkaputt.de/gbatek.htm#gbamemorymap
>>
File: wndows.png (166 KB, 752x469) Image search: [Google]
wndows.png
166 KB, 752x469
>>26189102
Working on turning tiles into the FRLG scheme. Just finished a load of windows, off to work on other junk.
>>
necrobump 2
>>
File: kitchenstuff.png (69 KB, 742x433) Image search: [Google]
kitchenstuff.png
69 KB, 742x433
Kitchen remodeling. Fridge isn't aligned well. There's 3 home color schemes at the moment. This is the orange/darkwood one, theres also blue/lightwood and green/redwood.
>>
Overnight ^
>>
File: rocks by me.png (17 KB, 176x256) Image search: [Google]
rocks by me.png
17 KB, 176x256
ay heg here's some mountain tiles that i made/ some obscue rips. the blue ones are from procyon/deneb and the black one is from some hack can't remember. the rest are my edits. the shitty dithered one is supposed to be an ash covered version of the red one idk.
>>
>>26201097
nice
>>
>>26184511
No one?
>>
>>26201097
I assumed the fridge was just big
>>
>>26184511
>>26203309
I always hate when hacks have non canon shit. Stuff like fakemon can often be a deal breaker but the real "well I don't care anymore" is

"We also included some updated stats, typing and move-"
>>
File: scripttest1.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
scripttest1.webm
1 MB, 640x480
This took longer than it should have

Does anyone know where I can find walking frames for the old man?
>>
has there been an update to that lewd sapphire hack been wondering about it
>>
>>26204028
what romhack is this?
>>
>>26204089
It's a work-in-progress hack of mine.
>>
>>26184342
needs more ups and downs
and crossing needs with as many trainers as possible
>>
>>26204028
Add some dirt roads to the town to make it look more like a town and less like random buildings in the desert.
>>
>>26204437
But that's the point; it's an "edgy" post-apocalyptic hack where the world mostly consist of deserts and mountains.
>>
>>26204028
The camera panning looks awkward and makes the "tour" last way too long, ditch it.
>>
>>26204492
I'd still do some cobbled together roads. In a sad world like that, people would want to take pride in what little they have. There's not much in terms of material possessions, so they would do their best to pull together and make this desert spot into some semblance of a town to be proud of.
>>
>>26205767
>cobbled road
Nice idea
>>
How can I hack a lucky egg into Storm Silver early on?
>>
>>26206581
I'd imagine you just need a save editor.
>>
>>26205817
I also think including some pokemon interaction would work great here. The dystopia stories been done a lot, so how would the existence of elemental creatures affect this? Have the city building a fence to protect the previous water supply from marauders, and strong Pokemon like machop be building that fence. Water Pokemon are sent out to bring in more water and are highly regarded. A kid has a sick pidgey that needs fresh water but tight rations lead to issues, who gets water first- women and children? Working Pokemon and guards? It brings in the question of how Pokemon will be treated when resources are low.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.