[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post dream features/ideas for the series that Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: tfw 6.jpg (17 KB, 233x238) Image search: [Google]
tfw 6.jpg
17 KB, 233x238
ITT: We post dream features/ideas for the series that Nintendo will probably never implement. Here are some of mine:

>add New Game + mode, which would basically be that after beating the E4, you can start a new game but you get to keep the team and items you had, and to compensate for this the level cap would be raised from 100 to maybe 175-200, and when you start the new game trainers will have level 75+ pokemon right away that are fully evolved and also have lots of items like full restores and shit

>add the ability to turn off wild encounters, there is no reason they shouldn't do this, plenty of other RPGs already do it such as Bravely Default, and unless you are grinding or trying to find a specific pokemon wild encounters are just fucking annoying

>add the ability to use HMs as an item instead of an attack so that you can still have to progress the story to obtain them, but you won't have to teach your pokemon a bunch of moves that can't be deleted normally. or alternatively, just remove HMs entirely.
>>
bringing DexNav back
>>
>>26176679
What is repel?
>>
>>26176679
>>add the ability to turn off wild encounters,
They have that. It's called buying Repels, you mongoloid.
>>
>>26176854
>>26176841

except buying repels cost money that would be better spent on other items. it's a broken system as is.
>>
>>26176679
>New game mode
Sounds good.

>Turn off wild encounters
Encounters are a part of the Pokemon world. I get how removing it would remove some hassle, but it doesn't make sense to me. Having a slider to ADJUST encounter rate would make sense though, as consciously avoiding Pokemon could still mean you get ambushed, and actively looking for Pokemon would lead you to find them more frequently.

>Item HMs
No. This game is about Pokemon, and Pokemon being able to directly influence your progression through the game in this way is a part of the experience.

That said, I would appreciate it if they did away with HMs entirely, and instead made it so having a Pokemon capable of cutting a bush, and the first gym badge would be enough to actually cut down a bush, instead of teaching the Pokemon a dumb, weak and annoying move that you need to go out of your way to delete again as soon as you're done with it.
>>
PWT+

Past gym leaders and important characters show up.
They gets megas, 6 pokemon teams with EVs and MAX IVs and held items.
To make it even more bullshit, some of them will even have Amie Bonuses.

Persian's persianite is reacting to to Giovanni's fedora
>>
>put all the shit (pokeatholon,PWT,BT,contest) in one place
>easy and hard mode come back with no keys and you pick which one you want
>>
>>26177160
It's fucking Pokémon, you never run out of money post-E4 you fucking retard.
>>
>>26176679
My greatest dream that will never happen is a world in which GameFreak adds new, exciting features and keeps old features while improving on them.
>>
>>26177861
This. Only I want Giovanni to not show up. He's a wanted criminal, so it doesn't make sense for him to join and it didn't make sense for him to have joined back in BW2. Why would he even? Like he gives a fucking shit...
>>
>>26177873
>put all the shit (pokeatholon,PWT,BT,contest) in one place
But exclude the useless shit like the Pokémon Musical.
>>
File: 1458453686219.jpg (21 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1458453686219.jpg
21 KB, 570x570
>>26177861
>mega persian's ability
>Nostalgia: Speed gives this pokemon the same crit bonuses it did in gen 1 with the same damage multiplier
>>
>>26177879

yeah well this might be new to you but a large chunk of the game takes place pre-E4
>>
>>26176679
I want a new game plus where you start over with your accumulated mons and items, but trainers and wild mons are exactly the same, so you can experience the game with your choice of mon for a starter, even if it evolves with an item.

Trading or banking won't work for that, because it wouldn't have your ID so it would react differently.
>>
File: 2464.png (7 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
2464.png
7 KB, 240x160
>>26177160
Are you seriously complaining about Repels being too expensive? The only times you'd need them is when you're revisiting an area you've already been to or if your main pokemon are fainted, and the games already give you a bunch of repels for free.
>>
>>26176679
>add the ability to turn off wild encounters, there is no reason they shouldn't do this, plenty of other RPGs already do it such as Bravely Default, and unless you are grinding or trying to find a specific pokemon wild encounters are just fucking annoying
Really? You want to take away one of the last things that makes the game have some (even though it's very little) difficulty? Fuck you.
>>
>>26177160
Holy fucking shit /vp/.
>>
>>26177160
Are you Jewish?
>>
>>26179111

yeah, what does that have to do with anything and how the fuck did you know?
>>
>Gym leader rematch with Mega evolution and items
>Actual sidequests
>Remove shiny spam
>A whole new zone to explore after Pokemon League
>Efficient AI
>>
>keeping the dexnav functionality in some form.
>shorter/skippable hatching animations.
>bring back the apricorn balls. (probably never happen.)
>Ability to change what ball a pokemon is in.
>>
>>26179163
I could see them bringing back the Apricorn balls, but without making you collect Apricorns, as they're essentially native to Johto.
Remember the Pokeball shop in Lumiose?
I could reasonably see them making another of those, but with Apricorn balls for purchase, as I had hoped they would have already done.
>>
Bring back dressup and add a feature where you can take pictures with your Pokémon.
>>
>>26179095

wild encounters don't make the game difficult, they just make it irritating.

>enter grass/cave/water
>pokemon appears
>flee
>repeat over and over

wow that was so hard
>>
>>26180919
I'd love something like this.

Especially if they added some kind of customization where you could put a small accessory on your Pokémon for them to wear, like a bow, etc.
>>
>>26179124
Top kek
>>
>>26176679
Character mugshot/small artwork appearing above the dialogue with all NPCs.

Something like in MD, but for human characters. Important characters would have a character-specific arts, meaningless NPCs would just have a number of reused generic arts.

Many games have such stuff. I'm surprised that they never did it in core Pokemon games.
>>
>>26182342
>your rival just almost defeated you
>you really need to get to a pokecenter
>ton of grass between you and the center
Fuck off
>>
>>26176679
>>add the ability to turn off wild encounters
Why are you even playing pokemon then?
Just buy goddamn repels.

>>add the ability to use HMs as an item instead of an attack

Oh, it's this thread again. All you did was miss following pokemon for the holy trinity of autism.
>>
>>26183774

you know you don't have to fight the wild pokemon right?
>>
>>26176679
>add the ability to turn off wild encounters,
Just use repels you fag. How can you be poor of using fake video game money?
>>
>>26177160
Nigga, the game is not real so you shouldn't be taking it that seriously. And how lazy can you be to just select "Run" when you encounter wild Pokemon?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.