[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, I have an issue and I thought maybe /vp/ would be the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1461258376528.jpg (28 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1461258376528.jpg
28 KB, 500x373
Hey, I have an issue and I thought maybe /vp/ would be the best place to go for help.

I'm what you guys call a gen wunner. I was ten in 96, and Pokémon red was my fucking life. I got the certificate for catching all 150 back when that meant some serious negotiations with someone else. I loved gen one.

But for some reason I never played gen 2. I think I just didn't hear about it until I was "too old for pokemon". Same with gen 3, 4, and whatever the fuck until X and Y. A friend of mine convinced me to try playing it, and I did, all the way through. It was enjoyable enough, though there seemed to be too many features I would never use, presumably for competitive use and so on. But it didn't recapture the joy of gen one for me. I could get past most of the designs, that being the biggest complaint us oldfags have about newer gens. I guess the story just panders to ten year olds because that's what the story is about.

For what it's worth, I went back and played gen 2, 3 and 4 on emulators, but couldn't be bothered to finish any of them because I wasn't engaged.

So after all that, I guess what I'm asking is: do you think it's too late for me, or is there some way to rekindle my love for Pokémon games, perhaps with the upcoming sun and moon?

I'm open to suggestions, also feel free to ask whatever you think you need to.
>>
>>26174817
How big is your dick exactly?
>>
Maybe you don't enjoy this particular children's JRPG franchise anymore.
>>
>>26174838
Like 5.5 long, never measured the girth.
>>
>>26174844
Post on imgur
>>
>>26174817
Main characters are 16
>>
File: klefki_is_mad.png (67 KB, 204x212) Image search: [Google]
klefki_is_mad.png
67 KB, 204x212
>>26174817
Here's a suggestion: Fuck off back to Facebook.
>>
>>26174817

29 year old gen 1 fag here. Playing Y and kinda enjoying it. But I just enjoy catching the originals for nostalgia.
>>
>>26174843
But I want to.

The times I had with gen one, I want to relive today, with current games if possible. I want the feeling of interesting new Pokemon that evolve into I don't know what at level I don't know when. I want the journey between towns to feel like a journey.

Maybe you're right.
>>
If you can't enjoy any (main) pokemon game and that includes gen 1, you simply have expecations that Pokemon can't and most likely never will meet. Some spin-off games may hold your interest, but probably won't win you over.

If you enjoy gen 1 even to this day, you just enjoy it purely because of nostalgia.
>>
>>26174867
Better play a romhack instead because this game isn't challenging enough to entertain anyone 20+

The only people who play these games are young kids new to the series and people who are still fans of the series.
>>
>>26174889
Is there any way to play a main release and make it more difficult through self imposed rules?
>>
>>26174867
> I want the journey between towns to feel like a journey.

This explains a lot about why X and Y weren't your cup of tea. The routes between towns are generally very short, or designed in a way that makes them feel like a quick stroll rather than a journey of any considerable length.

My advice is play Black/White 2 and impose the following restrictions on yourself
>No healing during battles
>Only catch and raise pokemon you've never seen before (this should be easy since you've never played gen 5 and all of the pokemon are new to unova until endgame)

Sadly though, the cynical truth is that nothing is ever going to recapture the magic of playing through Red/Blue for the first time at age 10. You can still enjoy the series in new ways, but that initial rush when it was a brand new thing and your imagination was in overdrive is a dragon we're all still chasing.
>>
>>26174922
I just never use healing items during battles and ignore IVs/EVs/natures because that's all competitive meta stuff and the NPCs cant handle it

You could also restrict the size of your team but that isn't very fun. I hate how in Kalos almost nobody uses a full team of 6.
>>
>>26174922
Not letting your pokemon hold items is also a good one

No HM slaves, put those moves on your in-game team so you only have 3 "free" moveslots to work with

Monotype runs
and of course Nuzlocke
>>
>>26174817
Play XY. There's lots of "Gen 1 pandering" that might rekindle your love.
But yes, for the best pokemon experience, go play HGSS and then BW2.
>>
>>26174923
Only allowed to fill out your team by the 5th gym, as in:

>Get starter
>that is your only pokemon until you beat the first gym
>Now you can catch 1 other
>those 2 are your only pokemon until you beat the 2nd gym
>Now your team can be 3

and so on
>>
Thanks for the tips, guys.
>>
>>26174817
OP, if you take any advice from this thread, listen to this.

Play Black or White 1. It is everything you're looking for in a Pokemon game.
>>
>>26175023
Seconding/thirding playing BW1/2, since you mentioned the story in XY felt light

BW1/2 have the best and most "mature" story of the series so you'll probably get a lot more out of it
>>
>>26175068
>>26175079
I will pick up a copy of b/w2 at my earliest convenience.
>>
You only enjoy Pokemon for its nostalgia. If any other Gen had come out when you were a kid instead, you'd have the same feelings toward that one. I honestly don't see any hope for you, because you're just another typical nostalgiafaggot. Your Gen is worthless trash and so are you. Go back to >>>/reddit/ and >>>/facebook/
>>
>>26175447

Don't skip BW. The sequels are a direct continuation and it feels like a better experience if you play in order.
>>
>>26175476
Now that's what I call edgy
>>
>>26175484
Oh, I assumed they were a remake like literally every other one.

Do I need to play black 2 if I played black 1, or can I play white 1 and black 2 and so on?
>>
>>26175484
This

Playing through BW1 then rolling directly into 2 is a fantastic experience and if that doesn't get you keen on pokemon again I'm not sure much will
>>
>>26175497

Black/2 and White/2 have different Legendaries as their main, and this kind of effects the story more than the other gens.

You could either do
>B then B2 (optimal choice)
>W then W2 (optimal choice)
>B then W2 if you have autism
>W then B2 if you have autism
>>
>>26175497
Yeah it's best to pick a color and stick with it for consistency

I did white/white 2 but either one is fine, depends on which legendary you like more if you even care about legendaries
>>
>>26175527
Thanks.

For the record I don't like legendaries. Takes away from the animalistic nature that I ascribe to gen 1. And for the record I didn't like gen 1s legendaries either.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.