[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
R8 my Torkoal PU Torkoal @ Focus Sash Timid White Smoke HP 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 256x223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 256x223
R8 my Torkoal

PU Torkoal @ Focus Sash
Timid
White Smoke
HP 4
SpA 252
Spe 252
- Flamethrower (TM)
- Earth Power (Tutor)
- Shell Armor (47)
- Rock Slide (TM)

Stats
>>
>>26173142
Shell armor....?
>>
Replace sash with something useful like white herb or life orb.
>>
>>26173761
I know this is weird but I'm thinking on using a Shell Smash attacker Torkoal. White Smoke is literally Clear Body with another name.
>>
I think it's very Torcool.
>>
>>26174176
Its not weird really, thats a smogon set with the exceptions of a useless sash and rock slide
>>
>>26174237
>shell smash torkoal
yes it is weird and bad
>>
>>26174256
I agree with you that its bad
>>
>>26173142
Replace Rock Slide with HP Grass and you're covered.
>>
>>26173142
Go bold (assault vest)
Lava plume, earthpower, clear smog, rapid spin
>>
>>26173142
>Not using that glorious 140 Defence
It's like people using Mega-Banette as a status user.
>>
>>26173142
Torkoal's primary (and only) use in PU is as a spinner than can sort of stand up to Monferno, Gourgeist and Pawniard. It's also good as a status spreader and an SR user. Shell Smash on something with a 20 base speed is a terrible idea, especially when it loses to scarf Rotom and Floatzel anyway which are the two best Pokemon in the tier
relaxed
@leftovers
Lava Plume
SR/Body Slam/Earthquake/WoW/Toxic
Rapid Spin
Yawn/Toxic/Rest
The choice of the second slot is really how you want yours to play. Do you not have enough Pokemon with SR on the team? Go with SR. If you do have enough, then choose from the other 4 options. WoW is if you don't trust lava plume's 30% burn chance and probably the worst of the other options due to its redundancy. Use Earthquake if you want to hit other fire types and Probopass (this makes it a good counter to all forms of Flareon). Body Slam and Toxic are just what work better for your team. Is your team slow, or does it have trouble with walls? The last slot can realistically be the ones I listed or anything you didn't choose in the second slot. Yawn spreads sleep and is good for phazing, Toxic is Toxic and Rest is there because Torkoal doesn't have any recovery of its own outside of it and leftovers. It should be noted that you'll need a cleric regardless of what set you run here since you'll find that Torkoal gets worn down really easily due to its weakness to SR, its lack of immunity to Spikes, and its vulnerability to T-Spikes. Plus if you run Rest, then you'll have to cure that sleep somehow.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.