[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I build a good Smogon team?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Golem.png (1011 KB, 1068x1076) Image search: [Google]
Golem.png
1011 KB, 1068x1076
How do I build a good Smogon team?
>>
>>26171306
Check out the guides on Smogon.
>>
>>26171306
Sit on a stalagmite.
>>
>>26171306
You don't.

Smogon is shit!
>>
>Playing competitive
>Not playing Battle Subway + PWT
>>
File: 1462367321214.jpg (61 KB, 653x495) Image search: [Google]
1462367321214.jpg
61 KB, 653x495
>>26171306
>STILL using golem
>>
>>26171306
create a hyper offensive team for fast battles when it's easy until the 1500s and then build a full stall team and enjoy your 200 turn battles.
>>
>>26171327
Ok. Any reasons why?
>>
>>26172849
See >>26172435
>>
>>26171306
Just use your favourite pokemon, as long as they aren't in a shit tier, and look at the smogon analysis for good move sets and ev spreads.
>>
>>26171306
Take a Pokemon you like. Look up in what Tier it resides (if you want to play on Showdown). After that you take two fast and strong pokemon as your main attackers, a pokemon that knows Stealth Rock and maybe Rapid Spin (There aren't many, but you can try).
Next you might want to have a defensive pokemon, that covers some of your defensive type weaknesses and can support your team a bit (Light Screen, Sticky Web, Heal Bell, Wish, whatever). And maybe a third sweeper, a wallbreaker, or another defensive pokemon.

Go to Showdown, play for a while, and switch out pokemon that don't fit your style, or that don't help you.

git gud faggot
>>
>>26172871
Just stay in the 1500 like I do then
>>
Try weakness policy+sturdy. When you know a super effective hit is coming hit rock polish and proceed to sweep. Golem is best rock
>>
>>26173430
How do you build a team that's not focused on smogon rules? Say I want to be able to battle against anyone at anytine what team would cover the majority of Ubers and gimmicks people will use?

The worst ass reaming I ever got was from a random guy I battled at a local gamestop tournament with almost an anything goes format. Not only was he using high tier shit but he really knew how to play. He just kept out predicting everyone, even random teams.
>>
>>26173548
You can play different formats
Communities usually have their own formats
Example : french website poketools made a format where each mon is ranked, among Z/S/A/B/C tiers. Strong megas, Ubers and stuff are in Z, strong mons and ok megas in S, etc
Then you can only build a team having to balance it (no ZZZSSS). It's like you can't have a large score

For me those are the healthiest formats and rules
>>
>>26172435
From my experience, I ladder faster with stall once I get out of the very bottom of the ladder. Mostly due to all the quits.
>>
>>26173548
>>26173794
ok just realized this wasn't even the question, killng myself now brb
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.