[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we all agree that SM will be battle and trade compatible with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: gen6conspiracy.png (1 MB, 2142x1342) Image search: [Google]
gen6conspiracy.png
1 MB, 2142x1342
So we all agree that SM will be battle and trade compatible with XY and ORAS right
>>
If you count Sun Moon as a new """""""generation""""""" then expect them to be the only games of their """""""generation"""""""
>>
>>26169773
No. It's clearly a new Generation from the way it's been marketed, which means it's not compatable with Gen 6.
>>
>>26169773
We know that Sun and Moon are introducing new species of Pokemon that aren't in the coding of XY and ORAS, and we also know that TPCi isn't going to do coding updates to the Gen 6 games, how do you expect them to be battle and trade compatible with Sun and Moon? Even when battling between XY and ORAS you couldn't use the Megas, moves, and abilities introduced in ORAS since they weren't in XY's coding.
>>
>>26169796
ORAS was advertised as a new generation.
>>
File: 1458204438386.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1458204438386.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>26169773
Oh yeah, totally! ORAS and XY will be able to trade and battle with NEW Pokemon, right?
>>
>>26169804
You answered your own question. ORAS could still battle with XY despite new megas/abilities/moves. So the same can happen with new Pokemon.

>>26169812
Yeah, remember when ORAS couldn't battle at all with XY just because of the new megas?

Oh wait.
>>
>>26169773
It's being marketed as a new Generation, so normal trade/battle connectivity are likely not to happen. I believe it is Generation 7, and honestly, I believe >>26169783 is right. With the NX launching early next year, and there only being two origin data values left (the pentagon things), I think Sun/Moon are going to be the only games of Generation 7, with 2017 being another break year, and 2018 being the start of Generation 8 for the NX.
>>
>>26169783
Pokemon Black/White came out just a month or two before the 3DS, and got a sequel.
>>
File: wat.png (494 KB, 851x478) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
494 KB, 851x478
>>26169807
>>26169822
Marketing buzzwords that say new Megas = new Pokemon, does not advertise it as a new gen whatsoever. DEX ENTRIES are new Pokemon. Anyone with a fucking brain and isn't underage knows this smartass
>>
>>26169837
And that's why we even got the sequel, iirc Iwata told them they had to do something unique if they were going to keep developing for the DS
>>
>>26169834
>pokemon on the nx meme
kill yourself
>>
What if.............

Kalos remake comes after Sun/Moon?

Sounds highly unlikely but hey, it's not like they're gonna remake D/P.
>>
>>26169839
Calm down its just shitposters.
They got bored of the owl and switched back to 6.5
>>
>>26169822
>ORAS could still battle with XY despite new megas/abilities/moves.
Except you COULDN'T use the Megas/abilities/moves introduced in ORAS when battling/trading with someone using XY, so even if XY and ORAS are compatible with Sun and Moon you would be forced to not use ANY of the new Pokemon competitively which would more than likely fuck over tournaments unless everyone plays using Sun and Moon only.
>>
Nope.

According to the main Pokemon site, to port over Gen 6 to Sun and Moon you have to use the PokeBank. If they could trade directly, then they wouldn't need to be brought over though use of the Pokebank.
>>
>>26169837
RS game out the year after GBA was released. It's not a stretch to expect gen 7 the year after NX releases. And there are only 2 pentagon slots left. If they use these for Sun/Moon it wouldn't make sense to make MORE games of the same gen that wouldn't be able to use the pentagon.
>>
>>26169834
>and 2018 being the start of Generation 8 for the NX.
We already know of one game that will be on the NX and that's a cross-port of Zelda Wii U, therefore we already know from this that the NX will be a home console and not a handheld/hybrid like people think. Therefore a main series Pokemon game cannot be on it.
>>
>>26169860
>which would more than likely fuck over tournaments

It wouldn't fuck over tournaments any more than ORAS does. Do you realize how many of the new megas in ORAS shit all over the ones introduced in XY? You need ORAS for most competitively viable teams.
>>
>>26169874
>therefore we already know from this that the NX will be a home console and not a handheld/hybrid

I don't get how you jumped to this conclusion. It confirms the console part. But it doesn't deconfirm the handheld part.
>>
>>26169850
Oh please. When I said "for the NX" I meant for the NX Generation, not the console itself. You know like how the Wii/DS were one Generation, and the Wii U/3DS are another? That's what I meant.
>>
>>26169878
I don't know shit about the competitive scene so no I wouldn't realize how many Megas from ORAS shit over XY ones.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
4 KB, 160x160
>Kids literally still believing its "6.5"

I know everyone's thirsty for info, but for fucks sake, quit with the shit posting, stop being bored, and go play something else. Or at least make a decent fucking thread that pertains to something other than Owls or which gen it is.
>>
>>26169909
Too many people have no lives outside of pokemon, they're like poketubers but without the whole making money aspect. Rather pathetic, really.
>>
>>26169773
Listen. I can agree with you that they are trade compatible, but I'd need more evidence to believe that they are Battle Compatible
>>
>>26169909
>getting triggered over common shitposts on /vp/
>>
File: 1459808139080.gif (1 MB, 213x210) Image search: [Google]
1459808139080.gif
1 MB, 213x210
>>26169916
What does this even fucking mean
>>
>>26169886
>You know like how the Wii/DS were one Generation, and the Wii U/3DS are another?
Except technically they aren't, the Wii was the 5th console generation and the DS was the 6th handheld generation, with the Wii U being 6th and the 3DS 7th.

Home Console Generations:
>1st Gen: NES
>2nd Gen: SNES
>3rd Gen: N64
>4th Gen: GameCube
>5th Gen: Wii
>6th Gen: Wii U

Handheld Console Generations:
>1st Gen: Game & Watch
>2nd Gen: Game Boy
>3rd Gen: Virtual Boy
>4th Gen: GBC
>5th Gen: GBA
>6th Gen: DS
>7th Gen: 3DS
>>
>>26169960
Bruh

GBC is to Game Boy as DSi is to DS, or New 3DS is to 3DS.
>>
>>26169807
No it wasn't. It was clearly a remake.
>>
File: 1461808949538.jpg (70 KB, 594x480) Image search: [Google]
1461808949538.jpg
70 KB, 594x480
>>26169773
I doubt it.
>Once Pokémon Bank has been updated, you'll be able to use it to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.