[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Pokemon movie is the least shitty one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1462299985483.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1462299985483.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
Which Pokemon movie is the least shitty one?
>>
>>26166052
Only the first 3 honestly, and maybe the darkrai one.
>>
>>26166066
I thought the Hoopa one was much better than the Lugia one. I watched three movies overall.

regards, OP.
>>
>>26166066
Only 3 actually. 1 and 2 is only good for nostalgia fags. Besides 3 just maybe 8.
>>
>>26166066
t. nostalgiafag
>>
is the lati@s one good
>>
bump

pls help
>>
3 seems to consistently get the most praise.

Can't speak of it for myself though. It's been more than a decade since I last saw that movie.
>>
>>26166155
3 and 8
>>
>>26166052
3 is not only the least shitty, but it's also a legitimate good movie. Great battles, great characters, and having the plot be more personal for Ash instead of another "save the world" plot really helps the movie as a whole
>>
>>26166052
>>
3 is meh but it's not mediocre like 1 and 6 and not terrible like 2, 4, and 5.
7 was okay.
8 was great.
9 was somewhat good but the Marty Stu Ranger guy and the weird attempts at Ash/May fanservice were just unnecessary.
10 was great.
11 was great.
12 wasn't as great. Felt like a forced way to make the Sinnoh movies into a trilogy and incorporate Arceus. The whole plot was ridiculous.
13 was okay. The double agent was literally a 10/10.
14 was okay but not that great, also the forced dual movies thing was stupid.
15 was bad. Sad bad.
16 was decent.
17 was decent.
18 was 100% terribad. And no, I didn't watch the dub, this was the original, uncut movie I was watching. It's still terrible.
I don't have high hopes for 19 but Volcanion's a pretty boss-ass nigga and Perfect Zygarde might show up at one point so I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
I liked Rayquaza vs Deoxys one. If you like Rayray just spamming hyper beam left and right you won't be displeased with this one.
>>
>>26166052
The first 5
>>
Not for genwun reasons, but the first one was great. Mewtwo got nice characterization into a credible villain and the scenery was unlike any other pokemon movie. This one was actually a decent movie even if you removed the Pokemon handicap. Not a good one, but a decent one.

Otherwise
3 was pretty good, had some cool imagery.
10 and 11 were good, 10 better than 11. 12 snatched suck from the jaws of awesome.
Heroes was good.
2000 was pretty good, Team Rocket actually made this one good instead of meh.

Lucario was not very good, but the Regi scenes were great.

Keldeo, Black and White, Manaphy, Celebi, Zoroark, and Diancie all blew chunks. Manaphy and Celebi are probably the worst.

Victini was... meh. Gets shit points for the double movie gimmick.

Deoxys was alright if you like giant dragon laser-fights. If you actually watched it though...

Jirachi was... eh? Not-Groudon tease rustled my jimmies as a kid.

Mewtwo Returns was good, but faceplanted on the ending.
Genesect one wasn't that bad if you ignored fluffrape.
Hoopa was okay as long as you ignored the plot and focused on the BATTOLS. The BATTOLS were great.
>>
>>26166052
The first one if you include the uncensored beginning
>>
>>26167142
Yes, that is a key component of it. Should have mentioned it myself.
>>
I've only seen a couole of movies. The mew vs mewtwo movie. Pokemon 2000. Pokemon 4ever. The entei/unknown movie. Giritina and shaymen. The latios/darkrai one. I saw a bit of the mew and lucario one too.
Also rayquaza vs deoxys.
I think the best was the rayquaza/deoxys one. Although the I think it was just because I loved seeing rayquaza yell and hyper beam lol.
>>
The First Movie
Heroes
Destiny Deoxys

Those are all the good ones. And realize that, they're good for Pokemon films. None are good films by themselves, really.
>>
The one with Lugia
>>
Here is a RARE video that will answer your question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCyGS64hX50
>>
>>26167384

Holy shit that is rare
>>
File: 1439774577341.gif (582 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
1439774577341.gif
582 KB, 500x276
I wanna go to the floooooower garden!
>>
>>26166052
All are fucking shit except the first two
>>
>>26166052
3 is the best.

Diancie was fun too.
>>
Most of them are pretty meh, but I don't remember a lot of the older ones, it's been awhile.

Lucario is stupid because lucario, manaphy is comfy a/f, zoroak is pretty good, darkrai is a-okay, arceus was meh, keldeo sucks, victini sucks, genesect was alright, I love the diancie movie because of the scene where Yveltal latches onto a fucking plane and deathbeam's it point blank in the face

And hoopa was dece.
>>
3 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 5 (from what I remember, it's been a while)> 16 > 8 > 10 > everything else

the "everything else" are either roughly on par or I don't remember well enough. Of note:

>arceus is meh but I actually think they did a good job of making arceus feel celestial and all powerful the mercury trap aside
>Shaymin/Giratina is ehhhhhhhhh but Shaymin being such an ungrateful little bitch can be pretty funny
>Zoroark starts off great but gets progressively worse as you go on
>for manaphy, see below

I don't remember much of 4, 5, 6, or 7, but I remeber liking 5 a lot. I haven't seen 17 or 18.

>>26166768
>2
>5
>terrible

>>26167113
I really liked manaphy. It had great music, good feels, and managed to not overdo itself with tons of action that usually ends up as medicore and instead kept the stakes low and mood chill, which worked in it's favor.
>>
people don't seem to talk much about the 4ever one. not even johtoddlers

was the movie just THAT bad?
>>
File: image.jpg (540 KB, 1242x2065) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
540 KB, 1242x2065
Finally can post this
>>
I always liked:
Lucario movie for plot
Lugia movie for music
First movie for nostalgia (It's shame it was cut though)
Keldeo movie for not being about Ash
>>
>>26166052
Destiny Deoxys is my favorite
>>
>>26166052
I recall quite a few folks who weren't even into Pokemon at all liking the Lucario one quite a bit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.