[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What other community is there to go to? Pokecommunity? Serebii?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: 1439988732579.png (19 KB, 153x132) Image search: [Google]
1439988732579.png
19 KB, 153x132
What other community is there to go to?
Pokecommunity?
Serebii?

What THE popular pokemon forum to go to that isnt VP. A lot of these places seem so dead with posts from 4 years ago being necro-bumped.
>>
>>26163776
All pokemon communities are cancer
>>
>>26163958
what is the lesser evil
>>
File: 1451062993912.jpg (95 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1451062993912.jpg
95 KB, 720x720
>>26163776
We're all thats left.
You're stuck here forever.
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: 1383169140516.png (144 KB, 900x907) Image search: [Google]
1383169140516.png
144 KB, 900x907
>>26163776

>VP
>>
>>26163776
At the risk of getting flamed, Reddit.
They're active enough. There's also several specialized subreddits.
>>
>>26164078
I should add that no matter what, what the other anon said is true. They're all cancer.
You can move out or ride the shitstorm until its play season.
>>
>>26164078
Go back
>>
>>26164078
There's one reddit board I actually use because it's literally the only community for that topic and I can safely say that reddit is beyond shit.

Every second post is le funny image macro, every thread is a huge circlejerk and that upvote shit is so fucking retarded. I don't wanna see the most upvoted post, I wanna see it in chronological order.
>>
>>26164078
Go the fuck back faggot.
>>
>>26163776
Not Bulbagarden unless you like 30 something ex-staff weebs trying to incite arguments constantly.
>>
>>26164145
What is the topic?
>>
>>26164109
>>26164174
Note that >>26164087 its also mine. I never said reddit wasn't shit.

The whole "hurr we haet rrudit" is for crossover /b/tards. You should go back there, if anything.
>>
>>26164252
Dokkan Battle

It's a DBZ mobile game. People on there are constantly datamining the app to find out when stats and when new events pop up and shit.
>>
op here

What is the least worst.

Reddit is a no.
>>
>>26164078
No Reddit can be really cool, you just need a small community for something specific
>>
>>26165097
>reddit can be really cool
yeah bro! yeah its totally radical! tubular! man i cant believe how absolutely epic it is xD!

oh wait, what's *GARGLE* oh sorry, looks like *GARGLE* Jamal woke up again *SLURP* man dude all this black dicking my wife is getting is so totally fantastic *SLURP* and awesome bro like fuck yeah

edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger!
>>
>>26164411
plz respond
>>
>>26163776
The ones I use are Facebook groups my friends irl added me to, which are pretty friendly; /vp/; and Pokemon Showdown chats.

They all have their ups and downs. The Facebook groups are kinda useless for me apart from discussion since I'm an injectfag and don't want anything, but there are a lot of casuals and a few attentionfags but nothing really irritating. /vp/ is nice because everyone else is typically a big fan so the majority of people are as knowledgeable as you are if not more, but during tourist season you get a bunch of underaged kids coming on who kinda make it evident what they are. Plus, you get fake leaks and little discussion since for one thing, /vp/ is good at staying up to date with everything Pokemon, but we haven't been getting much if anything. And lastly, Showdown is great for talking competitive or even in other chats about in-game, wifi, the different tiers, even film or sports or other hobbies, but the community is pretty divided between people who can do well and sheep who call things shit unless the people of respect say otherwise (at which point they're likely to copy whatever works).
>>
Pokemon is a children's game, by definition there will be cancer with any discussion associated with it everywhere.
>>
>>26163776
i used to be at pokecommunity, years ago when i was too young to post here. they look like shit now and yet once every six months or so i think about joining, but i never do. just stick to /vp/. the classic forum medium is dead.
>>
>>26164411
>What is the least worst.

Honestly /vp/. As shitty as it is it's not some cancerous autismo circlejerk hugbox like every other pokémon community out there. The franchise itself attracts the worst kind off manchildren.
>>
I only know type of fan where you can think what you want about pokemon and no one will care, but 4chan does not allow such thought.
>>
>>26163776
Why do you want a community? To be an attention whore on and stroke your ego with? To flood with links to your youtube videos? You want a cool avatar and username to fit in with the popular posters and feel better about your yourself? Yeah, you do. You like hiveminds and people liking your posts.
>>
Golden days were 2004-5, tons of very active forums with good communities. Serebii was only just becoming a huge circle jerk, Smogon was pretty new, small communities like Cave of Dragonflies and Glitch City were lively. I was a mod on TRsRockin, and we had tons of traffic and a steady influx of new members. That was around when DP was being announced, so hype was high and people were tired as shit of gen 3, more so than people are tired of gen 6 now. Eventually though, everything just petered out, all the small forums started closing, huge forums became overrun with self-important dickbags who thought that a high post count meant you were most correct, and life moved on. Some assimilated into the larger forum shitpools, some moved on entirely, playing pokemon without an online community and remembering the good old days. And some moved to 4chan, where they flooded v so much that we were relegated here to fap to pokegirls/lucario.

Tldr: there's nothing but shit out there, and there's nothing but shit here.
>>
Sure thing, Palpatine.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 750x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 750x492
Nuggetbridge
>>
File: 1383242686776.jpg (10 KB, 250x172) Image search: [Google]
1383242686776.jpg
10 KB, 250x172
>>26165780
to be honest I reverse engineer a lot of games and recently got a lot of research and activity done with the 3ds games (oras in partcular) and pokecommunity seemed to have had a very active rom hacking community but it turns out to only be for firered and ruby and shit which are so old and irrelevant i wonder why these 20-25 year olds are latching onto this old game making romhacks that maybe 1 or 3 people will play.

I want a healthy place to dump info and maybe meet other like-minded people and maybe shit talk and be an idiot like I am on /vp/ from time to time and even post my art. /vp/ has that volatile-ness with posts getting deleted and not archived and as ego-stroking as it sounds it would be nice to have my name attached to my discoveries and milestones especially when I'm touching new ground. But this isn't about that stuff though, I just want a community to be a part of because I especially miss the feeling of being active in a community like that.

Project pokemon is shit and dead and pokecommunity just feels "dead" and gba temp is.. gba temp.
I'll probably just keep this info for myself and post it all on github or something for whoever's radar I happen to blip on.
>>
>>26163776
I would have said Serebii about 8 years ago.
Now there's nothing good. Including this shithole.
>>
>>26165850
Have you considered TCRF? I'm not sure if that site has any problems but if you want your name slapped onto the findings just become a wiki autist and put it on there.
>>
>>26165850
>>26165870
Oh, I misread your post. Probably isn't what you're looking for anyway.
>>
>>26164145
>I don't wanna see the most upvoted post, I wanna see it in chronological order.
You can do that too, you retard
>>
>>26166025
Only if you make an account and even then they hide posts with a lot of dislikes automatically.
>>
SUCC
>>
>>26165555
>quads
>/thread
>>
>>26165830
The Cave of Dragonfly forums are still around, but moves at a snail pace and is pretty tumblr. Probably has the oldest average age of any Pokemon forum though.
>>
>>26168286
They're still around but they're not what they once were
>>
>>26165830
>TRsRockin
Fuuuuck, this one was the best. I spent the good part of my day in a library printing off all their articles on gen 1 glitch Pokemon. Pretty sure I still have them in a binder somewhere.
>>
>>26165830
I miss TRsRockin' so much
Spent hours reading about the glitches...
>>
>>26168337
>>26168425
Were you guys on the forums?
>>
>>26163776
I go to a decent site it's called pokebay you can make trades and battles and there's a forum on it too
>>
>>26168465
I browsed them but I never joined. I was young and dumb at that time (11 or 12 maybe?) and I distinctly remember thinking forums were some kind of adult-only thing.
>>
>>26168517
I was like 12-13 when I was there. You missed out on something good
>>
>>26165830
TRsRockin probably took up as much of my time as the Pokemon games themselves back in the day.
>>
>>26168550
TRsRockin and then a spin-off form named TGS were my main hangs
>>
weed
>>
smoke
>>
>>
>>26168286
they've been "pretty Tumblr" for longer than Tumblr's been around, really.
>>
drugs
>>
File: pirate police.jpg (67 KB, 600x613) Image search: [Google]
pirate police.jpg
67 KB, 600x613
>>26164078
>flamed
ah yes exits are on your left
>>
do
>>
>>26163776
I know it's going to sound dumb but if you drop an email we can let you know. Don't want owlfags coming into our haven.
>>
>>26170898
[email protected]
>>
I'd suggest serebiiforums, but the forum is a mess to browse and topics are not fun to follow with the 9999999 pages.

/r/Pokemon is only nice when something good pops up for discussion, otherwise it's flooded with misc stuff. it's kind of hard to discuss stuff with how the site is formatted though.

The only community I can suggest is your own friends. If you had any and that are into Pokemon. less bullshit to deal with, hopefully.
>>
>>26170917
>>26170898
waiting on that email familia
>>
>>26170953
>>26170917
email expired. whatever your secret club probably sucked ass anyways
>>
your
>>
>>26170921
>serebiiforums and /r/pokemon
The worst thing about those places is that they are even more underage than this place, and even more proud of having no idea how to Pokémon.

>hey guys what's the most stupid thing you have ever done in pokemon???
>when i got my first game platinum i couldnt read very well yet and skipped all the text and had no idea where to go
>when i first played i had no idea you could catch other pokemon and just trained my chimchar to level 100 before the first gym
>i once encountered a bidoof that was a strange color and thought it was a glitch so i turned off my ds and deleted my save file

Just paste this into a text document 100 times and you basically have Serebii forums.

---

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures.
I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals.
>>
>>26163776
reddit and /vp/ are the only active pokemon communities that aren't insufferable hugboxes, dead, or just happen to encompass pokemon via some other medium.

I think between r/pokemon and /vp/ you should be able to find any mature discussion you could ever want.
>>
>>26171207
I still don't know why people say hugbox. That and special snowflake seems to go hand in hand a lot, and just reads more like buzzwords.
/vp/ really don't seem like a mature place either, and I've been here since the fucking bulbasaur post. Too full of kids memeing out, and trying to play "follow the leader"

It's why there's so many posters that force /v/ and /pol/ memes compared to back then. Edgy or gullible teens who want to feel like part of a group instead of some lame outcast loser both out the web and in.
>>
>>26163776
>VP
Yes, please go.
>>
weed
>>
do your taxes
>>
pet your dog
>>
sweep your living room
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.