[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokemon that never grew on you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
Personally, I always figured I'd get used to these guys, but nothing about them appeals to me, and 5/6 gens I've loved the grass staters.
>>
Would it be different if Serperior's form had kept the legs in some way?
>>
File: 1461853362802.jpg (83 KB, 1024x566) Image search: [Google]
1461853362802.jpg
83 KB, 1024x566
Actually the opposite for me. It was always my least favourite Gen V starter but its grown on me lately.
>>
Sneakfags at it again.
>>
The Unova starters in general.
>>
Snivy is my second favorite starter after Fennekin and I've been playing since Red and Blue were released in America.
>>
>>26163674
Maybe? Idk gen 5's starter lines, with the exception of Dewott, all kinda were unappealing. Like, with gen 4, I was trying to figure our which one to use because they all looked awesome. Gen 5 I had the complete opposite problem. Oshawott's line was redeemed with Dewott, and me and Tepig/Pignite/Emboar made peace during a white Nuzlocke, but the Snivy line never got there, and I tried to use it. A lot.
>>
>>26163809
I have as well, and it seems you and I have VERY different tastes in pokemon.
>>
>>26163658
The Totodile line.
I just never really got all that attached to them.
>>
The Chikorita line.
>>
Skuntank. When I realized his hair was his tail, it fucked me up. Haven't been able to use him since.
>>
>>26163969
>>26163803
>All this h8 for the Unova starters
Even with this official poster portraying them in their true colors, people still hate them with a burning passion? Are they really this objectively bad?
>>
>>26166378
Yeah kinda.
>>
>>26166378
Emboar was the one that I thought would never grow on me, but I'm replaying White and he's aiight. Like the line a lot more than I thought I would. He's still getting replaced though.
>>
File: UncannyValleyGraph.png (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UncannyValleyGraph.png
337 KB, 1920x1080
>>26163658
For me, Zoroark and Lucario. Zoroark color scheme choice makes it look dirty.
Lucario looks cleaner, but the gratuitous spikes and steel type are off.

And them being anthropomorphized canines hit the uncanny valley for me.
>>
>>26163658
Even after it got Contrary and became good competitively, I still couldn't like him. I really can't get used to his design.
>>
File: wilfred-ray_3663-1-pipe.jpg (31 KB, 520x400) Image search: [Google]
wilfred-ray_3663-1-pipe.jpg
31 KB, 520x400
>>26167823
Because you're a anthropomorphic dog man?
>>
Chesnaught.
I want to like it so bad, but I just can't. Everything about it is gross.
>>
File: oumad.jpg (39 KB, 304x305) Image search: [Google]
oumad.jpg
39 KB, 304x305
>>26163782
>>
>>26163658
>5/6 gens I've loved the grass staters.
Are you seriously fucking saying that you liked Chesnaught?

Now this is shit taste.
>>
>>26168228
He was cute and his final evo was a bara bro, what's not to like
>>
I'm the opposite op. I only like Serperior. I don't like Emboar or Samuratte. Although I saw a thread earlier this week that was swayin me torwards Samurott.
>>
>>26163658
I find this hilarious because usually I dislike the grass starters or just find them bland as fuck, but I like this one.

Not to be contrary or anything.
>>
>>26166378
I don't get it either. Gen V's the one gen where I really don't know what to choose because they're all great. I think it's the color schemes, I'm a sucker for golden stuff and they all have golden patterns or parts.
>>
>>26168363
>contrary
kek
>>
>>26168373
The funny thing about those golden parts, is that they're design aspects of the "cultural" theme the starters have going on.

>Seperior's golden patterns = Fleur-de-lis symbol
>Emboar's golden patterns = Zhu Bajie's hat
>Samurott's golden shell armor = Samurai armor
>>
>>26168847
Yeah I know that, they're nice references too. I guess people don't like Serperior because it loses its legs, Emboar because it has no neck and the rest are salty Dewottfags.
>>
>>26168917
For me it wasn't the legs. It's the design
>>
File: CC2078-1.jpg (129 KB, 355x533) Image search: [Google]
CC2078-1.jpg
129 KB, 355x533
>>26168917
Emboars only hated because Tepig ended up as an Infernape rehash even though it was intended by concept

And I don't understand the appeal of Dewott that makes it more preferable than it's evolution. Dewott just develops the samurai look wheras Samurott is the armored warrior with the swords. I dont know why people would prefer such a downgrade.
>>
All of gen 4s starters. Never liked them and I don't think I ever will.
>>
>>26167858
Happily not.
Howling instinctively when an ambulance or fireman truck goes next to me, or peeing at random corners just to mark territory doesn't sound nice.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.