[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1442655216052.png (1 MB, 1519x3283) Image search: [Google]
1442655216052.png
1 MB, 1519x3283
JUST
>>
ok
you want an applause?
>>
>>26157530
the point is I can guarantee I've never seen this connection made before
>>
>>26157530
Give me the thing that i love
>>
That makes sense and all, but it still seems to be pronounced hi-dray-gone or hi-dry-gon.
>>
Someone earlier said the drei was pronounced "dry" because it was German for 3.

i still pronounce it as drei
>>
>>26157517
Uh, it's name is derived from hydra, drei which is the number 3 in German, and dragon. It's actually pronounced "high-dry-guhn".
>>
Cool! Always love to know new uncommon facts
>>
>>26157562
Got a source on any of that?

Even the anime pronounces it "High-dragon", not "High-Dry-Gun"

OP picture seems to have more evidence than you do.
>>
Puppets!
>>
>>26157578
>ein=one
>zwei=two
>drei=three
Deino
Zweilous
Hydreigon
The anime is known for mispronunciations too.
>>
>>26157610
Still, it could draw inspiration from both. OP's data doesn't draw away from that.
>>
>>26157578
That's just how I've heard it pronounced before, I might be wrong but it makes sense considering that lines names contain the German words for 1, 2, and 3. Deino being derived from dino and ein meaning one and therefore being pronounced like the word dino, and Zweilous being zwei meaning two and it might be a play on the word zealous or jealous therefore being pronounced "ze-veye-lus" (this one being one I've actually heard pronounced in the anime).
>>
Literally the most autistic board.
>>
>>26157632
But it has nothing to do with Hydrogen at all. You can make connections like this out of fucking anything.
>>
>>26157684

Did you even see the OP? The connections/inspiration are OBVIOUSLY there, unless you're blind as fuck.

>Plasma
>Purple/Blue/Black
>H1,H2,H3
>Hydrogen
>Hydreigon
>>
I love how people think there has to be only one thing that goes into play when naming a thing, instead of multiple things.
>>
>>26157718
>The connections/inspiration are OBVIOUSLY there, as long as you're autistic as fuck.
Ftfy
>>
>>26157610
>The anime is known for mispronunciations too.
>watching the dub
>>
>>26157752
t. Made German who wants to be relevant
>>
>>26157578
Pokedex 3D pro pronounces it Hy-DRY-gon as well I believe
>>
MOltres
ZApdos
ARTicuno
Could Mozart still be alive.
>>
>>26158860
No matter how many times you post this, it's completely ridiculous to think that I could live that long.
>>
File: 1435381000223.jpg (135 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435381000223.jpg
135 KB, 500x500
>>26157517
Its a German Muppet, anon. Nice theory, though.
>>
File: Pokemon Threads.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Threads.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>26158860
>>
>>26157610
>The anime is known for mispronunciations too.
Every production ever has errors you idiot.

I don't know about the current producer, but I know Tom Wayland was a stickler for pronunciation. We also have Pokedex 3D Pro, which has pronunciations for everything up to Genesect, and they're consistent with the dub -- because it uses the anime voice actors, because they aren't as highly segmented as autistismos think. The localized games and names are produced in cooperation with the dub, so as to facilitate lip flap dubbing, and there's even a helping hand lent by the Japanese to aid dubbing in this regard.
>>
Pronouncing "gon" like the "gen" in hydrogen is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. How the fuck would a g before an o ever be soft? How would that o suddenly become a short e? It's so stupid.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.