[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So am I the only one who doesn't care for competitive battling?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
So am I the only one who doesn't care for competitive battling? It just feels highly flawed (luck is a huge factor and certain types are shit compared to others which is unfair), and I prefer to focus on the collecting aspect with filling out the Pokédex.
>>
its about well calculated risk/minimizing poor decisions
>>
nobody's forcing you to play competitive
there are huge shiny hunting and collecting communities elsewhere newfriend
>>
>>26155516
Smogon is about removing luck anon....
>>
>>26155541
>certain types are shit compared to others which is unfair

How is that unfair? There are good pokemon of every type. Just use them. Bug, probably the worst type has stuff like Scizor and Volcorona and Genesect.
>>
>>26155541
Something about a person who is really staunchly supporting a leak that most people don't believe talking about the importance of calculated risk and minimizing poor decisions is really funny to me.
>>
Yeah as a bit of a fighting game player I struggle taking comp Pokemon seriously. Its just press a button and hope you go first or hope the opponent fucks up. I play comp but its so unskilful I can't help but take wins/losses very lightly.
>>
>>26155516
Yup super contests is where it's at senpai.
>>
>>26155576
It fails at that it would be impossible to remove luck from Pokemon battles when every hit has a roll for accuracy, a roll for a critical hit, a roll for how much damage it will do between a set of damage, a roll to see if you get affected by a secondary status. Then rolls to see if you're fully paralyzed, if you wake up, if you stay frozen. Though I would say skill is the most important thing.
>>
>>26155516
I really only like to battle for fun, though I do find myself breeding for the most powerful pokemon teams I can possibly make.
>>
>>26155591
most people are wrong
>>
>>26155516
Nah man I'm in the same boat.
But if people want to compete, so be it.
>>
>>26155576
It tryes and actually reduces it, but It can't remove randomness from the game.
>>
>>26155516
It's fun when it's two broken strategies with shitmons, I gotta say. No but really, the prep and everything needed for it is a bit much for me, but I do love Contests.
>>
>>26155516
completing the Pokedex has always been a terrible boring chore, battling is definitely more fun
>>
>>26155516
No you're not the only one OP. Was that so hard to determine without someone telling you?
>>
>>26155516
That's why I enjoy other game series. Once I catch em all and enjoy everything there is to offer in the single player, I move on until the next game comes out.
>>
>>26155579
>what is Heracross
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.