[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Brazilian fansite will publish a book where ash and red have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: FB_IMG_1462293971488.jpg (69 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462293971488.jpg
69 KB, 540x540
So Brazilian fansite will publish a book where ash and red have and underground battle. According to it they got tpci permittion.
What's your feelings about this?
>>
>>26153682
Ash isn't 10, I call bullshit!
>>
>>26153682
>According to it they got tpci permittion

Gonna need some sauce on that.

Also

>not posting the full version with waifus and Mime Jr.s
>>
If Red continued his life as a hermit, wouldn't it make more sense if he had the full facial beard and Ash had the shaved face?
>>
>>26153736
Of course that would make more sense.

You're acting as if logic has anything bearing on someone writing an 'ash vs red' fanfic.
>>
http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/product-approval-manual-sheds-light-on-pokemon-world/

Look at this and tell me if in any way, shape, or form it would be approved.
>>
The fuck is that shit.
>>
>>26153714
The official fansite Pokémon Blast News as well its facebook fanpage. Tho this is suspicious im only saying what they are saying, if its lie or true that's not my nose
>>
>>26153758
>and also that controversial topics such as death, family ties and Pokemon food
Really? These are the hot button issues?
>>
fuck
>>
>>26153765
The story is on Kanto between 45 years before XY saga. Ash and a mix of Origins Red with Mangá Red are on different sides of "political" organizations.
Pokémon world is destroyed and it has a large number of plotholes like the death of James, Ash and Serena married's life, a deep depression of Ash's Pikachu and etc.
>>
>>26153799
Sorry, 45 years AFTER Xy saga.
>>
>>26153758
That was a really interesting read.

Shame they're so strict on food, that pretty much means we'll never get a plot like the third movie originally had.

Also interesting that they spell out not to use 'fainted', when that's the colloquial phrasing most independent content creators use. That shit pissed me off though, because they're too dumb to realize KO is contextually appropriate. You don't 'faint' opponents.
>>
>>26153799
>a deep depression of Ash's Pikachu
What the fuck
>>
Voy a hablar en el idioma nativo de Brasil para que me puedan entender , por favor, no hacer esta mierda
>>
>>26153774
those are all topics that have been forbidden from being used in any pokemon media by TPC
>>
>>26153758
It's so weird that this is real. I guess it makes sense a company with such a big and important franchise would have something like this. But it feels almost like parody.
>>
>>26153811
It's only for third parties. TPCi can break the rules all they want.
>>
>>26153752
What a offense to many great Pokémon fanfics.
>>
>>26153822
Nintendo, actually. They're extensions of Nintendo's internal policies, from when Nintendo handled oversight for these things in the early days of the franchise.

Mind you, it's curated by TPC, but the standards set by the big N.
>>
So why can't product use the fainted expression?
>>
>>26153811
>Shame they're so strict on food

This is a manual for western producers of merchandise. While it does lie and say the anime follows the same rules, it's not actually true. It's just easier to claim that instead of going into how certain spinoffs are allowed to do things other spinoffs aren't.
>>
>>26153850
They could, in theory, but TPC holds themselves to the same standard because that's the whole point of brand integrity.
>>
>>26153866
See >>26153859
That screenshot is blatantly against the rules about food from that manual.
>>
>>26153859
Hot dogs are ambiguous, even in real life.

You're looking too hard for exceptions to the rule. Yes, exceptions exist, like the filleted Magikarp early on in the anime.

The intent behind that manual is maintaining brand integrity. It's like how we don't see live, non-Pokemon animals in the series. Yes, we saw them, but now they're strict on keeping it out of the mythos (which we would've learned about with movie 3, but alas).
>>
>>26153866
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

If you believe the franchise has any form of consistency, then I suggest you analyze it again. It doesn't, not even to this.
>>
>>26153884
You're a fucking autismo.

A rule for maintaining brand integrity =/= the brand being perfect. Like I said, Movie 3 was going to be ALL ABOUT real world animals. It was too complicated and would've muddled the mythos too much, so it was abandoned.

Telling third parties not to do that is an extra precaution to make sure they don't make inconsistent additions to mythos.

Moreover, a hotdog =/= meat. It could be a veggie dog. It could be a literal turd in a hot dog skin.
>>
>>26153888
A character earlier in the movie talks about wanting salisbury steak for dinner. The anime has never had any nazi NO MEAT-BASED FOOD EVER rules, no matter what this American-made manual claims.
>>
>>26153902
HAHAHAHAHA

You think it needs to meet your standards of perfect to be consistent.

It's a legal issue, not an autismo issue.

These standards are how a company enfoces its IP. It's allowed to deviate from those standards, itself. Moreover, those deviations are minimal as fuck. You're just fucking austistic.

Gonna bring up Thunder Armour and aiming for the horn while we're at it?
>>
>>26153928
>Salisbury steak
I bet you think brock actually makes jelly donuts
>>
>>26153928
You're so fucking autistic.

It's like me telling you "don't make a mess in my house". Does that mean my house is immaculate? No.

Pokemon, as a whole, avoids the circle of life. By extension, they avoid foodstuffs that originate from living beings. 99.9999999% of the time, food is ambiguous.

If you only see the exceptions, you have a problem with your brain.
>>
>>26153912
>Like I said, Movie 3 was going to be ALL ABOUT real world animals. It was too complicated and would've muddled the mythos too much, so it was abandoned.

Actually
>But in reality, the story was rejected because "A story where a bunch of minerals gain consciousness and comes to life won't be a hit" (無機質なものに、意識が宿り動きだすというストーリーはヒットしない). There was also concerns about how the second movie, while a huge hit both domestically and abroad, still didn't perform nearly as well as the first movie. They didn't want this downward trend to continue and making this kind of movie was seen as being too risky. Mr. Shudou doesn't know if his original story would have been a hit or not but he did have confidence in the story he wrote regardless.

>It was also thought that this movie just wouldn't work together with whatever Pikachu short it was going to end up being paired up with.

"It would've muddled the mythos too much" was never the issue.
>>
>>26153942
the japanese word is Hamburger Steak or a hamburger set. its a very popular meal at family restaurants.

learn some fucking japanese culture shitwad.
>>
If it's free there's no problem. Just look at all the fakemons we got, but this thing about "We got permittion" make them really idiot, while the could stay with the fanfic (Cause it's a fanfic) plot and didn't put the company on it.
Is Brazil thinking they will get Nintendo again on its lands? With a shitty president, economy and no attractive for the franchise besides some stupid fans that want to feel like the owners of Pokémon? Just stop Bruzil, plz.
>>
File: salisbury steak.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
salisbury steak.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>26153942
It's from the Japanese version. I have no idea if the dub kept it or not.
>>
>>26153982
I take it you don't work and never have in the industry.

He was told that, because it'd the nicer thing to say. He was told that, because he slaved away over the script.

>He expected to have his proposal rejected for being too complicated or because it would shake up the status quo too much and had prepared arguments for why they should go forward with it anyway.

Muddling mythos was the majority of the issue. "Sentient rocks" is bullshit, they would've had a fucking T-Rex to market around. Think for a second.
>>
>>26153988
It's "hamburg steak", not "hamburger steak" and definitely not "hamburger set".
Hamburg steak is used about Salisbury steak in English too, though it's a lot less common than in Japanese.

Same with "hotcake" vs "pancake".
>>
>>26154036
>"A story where a bunch of minerals gain consciousness and comes to life won't be a hit"
This really does sound like total bullshit. Maybe it doesn't in Japanese but this sounds like it could be incredibly awesome, ESPECIALLY if in context those minerals were fucking fossilized dinosaurs.
>>
>>26153982
>>26154036
has this script ever been leaked? i've never heard of this and almost want to read it.
>>
>>26154051
There never was a script. The idea never left the story pitch stage.
>>
>>26154048
they say set in anime fairly often when referring to a meal. wagnaria uses it almost elusively over steak, it might be because they food servers i guess. like saying i'll have the number 1 at burger king.
>>
>>26154048
"Set" is actually a thing but it pretty much refers to a "combo". So it's more like a "salisbury steak combo". The image posted is a hamburg set.
>>
>>26154062
>>26154051
>The original script? (Mr. Shudou's blog is unclear) was discovered and auctioned off for 1 billion yen (about 8 million US dollars) to someone in their 30s going by the name Suu (スー). Will this version of the film ever see the light of day? Only time will tell!

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_mythical_third_movie.html
>>
>>26154104
Actually, maybe "meal" would be better than "combo. I feel like combo as a murrican reads too much like "side and drink" to me. But it's my first thought to explain what it is. but second thought says "meal" is probably more correct.
>>
>>26153682
Hue?
>>
>>26154077
They shorten it to just "Hamburg" (ハンバーグ), so ""hamburg set" would be "Salisbury steak meal".

Hamburger is written ハンバーガー and is a different word entirely.
>>
>>26153819
weak
>>
>>26154158
disregarding the last syllable of hamburger, i was right about set, and >>26153928
was right about salisbury steak.

so >>26153942
is BTFO
>>
>>26153682
That's stupid. They're stupid. YOU'RE STUPID.
>>
>>26153682
>Brazilian
Stop reading here
>>
>>26154275
W-we are nice...
>>
>>26153682
BR here. Pokéblast don't have any permition, they're just doing to get the attention of Nintendo and Pokémon Company for Brazil, since there's no Nintendo/Pokémon market here anymore.
>>
>>26153682
>underground battle
The fuck even is that? That sounds edgy as hell.
>>
>>26153682
>believing whatever the fuck comes out of a huehue amazonian monkey shit's mouth
>>
So how does it end?
Probably something stupid like the final match coming down to Red's Charizard vs Ash's Charizard, and Red wins, but it was such a strain on his Charizard that it dies.
>>
>>26154768
Since there's no portuguese localization (if my memory serves me well), in what language did games pre-XY came in Brazil?

>>26155506
I can smell Red having MegaZard X and Ash having MegaZard Y from miles ahead.
>>
>>26153854
Source? Because Ishihara from Game Freak handled all the brand rights for products into gen 2 when he started conceptualizing his feelings for products into a manual to check them against. I've never heard of Nintendo controlling anything regarding branding products.
>>
Puta merda anão, tu nem tentou escrever o post direito, que vergonha.
Provavelmente vai ficar uma bosta, aliás.
>>
>>26155783
English only up to and including XYORAS, I'm pretty sure.
Unless the new ones have language selection but the default was still English.
>>
File: 1382311118860.png (511 KB, 720x453) Image search: [Google]
1382311118860.png
511 KB, 720x453
>>26154017
>construction worker watchog
>>
>>26153758
>controversial topics such as death, family ties and Pokemon food are de-emphasised
sha la la aww...
>>
>>26156575
I find the language of that one to be odd. What problem is there with pokemon having family? I imagine it's more the topic of genetics and the matter that it inherently has to do with reproduction. Again, though, that should not be a problem as long as reproduction is not discussed.
>>
>>26156729
Yeah, I thought it was weird too. And it was immediately followed by several exceptions. I guess because it implies sex? It seems harmless enough. it's not like 5 year olds aren't exactly unfamiliar with the concept of having parents or other relatives even if they don't know the details.
>>
>>26156749
Most children understand the concept of giving birth or that animals have children, too. I guess it is more to be certain. Even the mere implication will have the soccer moms eating them alive.
>>
>>26153928
This post is dumb.

Feel bad anon, you should.
>>
>>26153799
>Pikachu has depression
No fucking way this got approved.
>>
File: 1414862850109.png (95 KB, 1650x1080) Image search: [Google]
1414862850109.png
95 KB, 1650x1080
>>26153682
As a brazilian, why did you bring this autistic edgy fanfic to /vp/, anon?

Hope they get sued.
puta que pariu
>>
>>26156729
>What problem is there with pokemon having family?
The part where trainers forcibly take Pokemon away from those families.
>>
>>26156900
Huh... I never thought about it like that. I kind of thought most Pokemon generally enjoyed being with most trainers, like a life experience.
>>
>>26153682
>Ash AND Red
They are literally the same person.
>>
>>26156969
Would you like being taken from your friends and family?
>>
>>26157181
If it was to go on an exciting journey of self discovery with someone I connected with, sure. It's not well portrayed due to the mechanical-ness of the games but that's basically what happened when you catch a Pokemon, you are befriending them (I assume it's supposed to be conveyed by the fact that you won't knock them out, but keep them conscious by catching them...?). You aren't just forcing them to be on your side against their will.
>>
>>26157210
According to Dr. Footstep, captured pokemon either initially resent their trainers for catching them or are disappointed that the trainer doesn't use them and probably doesn't understand their feelings.

Now apply that to all the boxed pokemon you have that don't get a chance to shine or be loved.
>>
Well, leaving family for the world, that is just a fact of life. Friends? No real friend would let you sacrifice such an opportunity. I doubt they would want to leave them so abruptly, though. Got a mate and kids? You're a douchebag.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.