[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 53-Beartic line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
Last time was the Haxorus line, today will be about the polar bear Pokemon Cubchoo and Beartic.
My thoughts: Eh probably like everyone else's-for our first polar bear Pokemon this was kind of dissapointing. In terms of competitive I think everyone would've liked and ice/fighting polar bear, or more realistically bring back the ice/water typing. I've never used a Beartic but I think that type change would've benefit it in some way.
Designwise, they're weird in a way. you'll either find Cubchoo cute or unbearable (lol) for that large snot drop hanging from its nose. For Beartic atleast the ice beard is cool. In its defense though, Beartic looks much better when fully animated (as in scenes from the Ashnime) and when it actually stands on 4 legs.
Perhaps Beartic should've stood on 4 legs in its BW sprite and the 3D model now.

Overall, I have mixed feelings on Beartic. On one hand I might as well jump on the hate wagon for seeing this as an overall dissapointment for a Polar bear Pokemon. On the other, I want to excuse it because I do find the designs decent, atleast when you see it in the Ashnime.
>>
File: Beartic_BW048.png (2 MB, 1566x881) Image search: [Google]
Beartic_BW048.png
2 MB, 1566x881
And for reference on how it looks standing on 4 legs.
>>
>>26152526
Pretty cool. Pun intended. Used them in my first rn through of White.

Mega with Ice Mane when?
>>
>>26152526
It's a pretty good idea, Aqua Jet is cool, along with its great movepool and I want to love it, but it's so fucking shit even ingame that I can't bring myself to do that.
Another wasted Ice-Type. Polar bears are fast, why is this shit so slow ?
>>
>>26152532
I like how all their ice snot beards have the exact same imperfection.
>>
Honestly, I like it. I expected a bit more but I'm satisfied with what we got.
>>
>Quickly checks Beartic's base stats
>That 50 Speed
>>
>>26152598
Remember, always run away from bears.
>>
>>26152526
>For Beartic atleast the ice beard is cool
its literally snot just like cubchoo's nose drop.

ridiculous crotch fur and a face covered in snot, you can smell the stink off these things just by looking at them.

gen V was a nightmare time to be an ice fan.
>>
Out of curiosity, if Beartic got a major Speed stat overhaul, would it have become one of the best offensive Ice types in the game?
>>
Beartic is as basic as "this is a strong pokemon" can get, with just decent base stats (except for speed). Perfect bro potential for the main game, but sucking in competitive.

Has the same problems of pokemon like ursaring or rhydon.

His typing and concept is cool, escept it has hindered because of so many mono-ice types, in the sam gen, so, either the others shoul've has dual types, or this one should've.

>Swift swim
So...it's usable, but not that much with 50 base speed.
and the other ability is about evasion, so I wouldnt even bother.

7/10, some tuning on abilities/moveset would do the trick, but otherwise, this pokemon is just for fun
>>
File: larvitar wipes cubchoos nose.jpg (29 KB, 494x340) Image search: [Google]
larvitar wipes cubchoos nose.jpg
29 KB, 494x340
>>26152526
Cubchoo is pretty cute, but Beartic is pretty lacking design-wise. I feel like it would've been improved if it was less bottom-heavy and cone-shaped with such a small head. Also not a fan of the ice beard. I like the concept of a polar bear Pokemon, it just wasn't executed as well as it could've been.
>>
>>26152532
The beard is snot also
>>
Reminds me of that Megaman Zero 2 maverick.

That's as far as his charisma go.
>>
>>26152598
Looking at the Ice type pokemon stats on serebii always make me sad. They are almost all slow, fragile or lack offensive power
>>
>>26152526
I really wanted to like this guy asd much I like other bear we got, but it's design lacks something.
I like how it's shaped like a mountain, but maybe if ice beard formed whole ice cape on him it would look better?
Stat wise- yeah it's not that good but I would love to see 3 bear vs3 bear battles.
>>
>>26152526
btw where I can find other entries?
>>
It's okay. No worse than Ursaring if you ask me, though for Unova standards it's pretty shitty. Pangoro is best bear anyway.
>>
>>26152913
>slow

What is Weavile?

>fragile

What is Avalugg?

>lack offensive power

What is Mamoswine?

Look harder next time you fucking noob.
>>
>>26153000
>almost
>or( not and)
Learn to read, nigga. What a waste of trips
>>
It and Braviary should get Tough Claws.
>>
I'm really not a fan of Beartic's design. It's like all the elements are there for something great (ice beard, massive stature, physique presumably meant to evoke a snowy mountain), but the execution is just disappointing. Not a fan of the pinhead at all, and I don't know what they were thinking with that massive amount of crotch fluff.

Cubchoo is cute as hell though.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.