[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell is this thing in Ubers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
Why the hell is this thing in Ubers?
>>
>>26148704
This is furbait
>>
>>26148704
The same reason your mom is lel
>>
>>26148704
Good stats and a good moveset.
>>
>>26148735
Thats not enough of a reason, and it's terrible in Ubers. I'm just gonna assume its more stall helping bullshit. No wonder stall is topping every tier.
>>
>>26148742
But it's too good for OU.
>>
>>26148758
And this is why I fucking hate these tiers.

Mega Mawile and Greninja are clearly too shit to deal with meme ubers, but now they're there because fuck you.
>>
>>26148758
Except it's not. Probably was banned because it's a good mixed attacker so stall players couldn't just mindlessly switch in on him.
>>
>>26148778

Pokemon get banned from OU solely because they were deemed too much for OU. No one gives a shit about how they perform in ubers. Their performance in ubers has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>26148905
Thanks for stating the obvious
>>
>>26148778
greninja's a good spiker, and mawile's a good check to geoxern. Just because the meta doesn't completely center around them doesn't mean they can't pull their weight.
>>
If they added a mega fug tier they should be able to add something between OU and Ubers
>>
Ubers was literally just meant to be an OU banlist originally, it was never meant to be it's own balanced tier.
>>
File: 1398398919512.png (541 KB, 1187x1070) Image search: [Google]
1398398919512.png
541 KB, 1187x1070
>>
UBERS IS A BANLIST

NOT A META
>>
>>26148704
It sweeps too easily with the right set.

Physical: Swords Dance
Special: Nasty Plot

Think of all the things that can wall it and how it can account for them. Fire/Flying and Fire/Bug wall its STABs but take 4x from Stealth Rock. Water/Flying walls its STABs but Thunder Punch dispatches it, or the Lucario could just try again later since Gyarados doesn't have reliable recovery. Psychic types get dealt with by Crunch and Dark Pulse. Water/Poison types get dealt with by Thunder Punch too, or can just be brute-forced through since Tentacruel for example doesn't like physical hits. Zapdos is probably the best answer, but Ice Punch will hurt it, which Lucario may be running for Lando-T and Gliscor and friends.
>>
>>26148778
Tiers are necessary. If it wasn't for tiers it would be Talonflame, Mega Kangaskhan and every other fucker that gets spammed in VGC
>>
>>26149009

I agree, but what would it be called?
>>
>>26150008
UUU
>>
>>26148704
He's uber cute :3
>>
>>26150008
AU-Almost Ubers. Everything in ubers rated less than C+ would be sent to AU, and could be banned from it on a case-by-case basis.
>>
>>26149809

Well it still isn't balanced. Banning mega fug just makes it playable.
>>
I like how there's people in this thread who're convinced that the 19th most used Pokémon in Ubers not only isn't too OP for OU, but also is never used in Ubers.
>>
>>26150076
>Adaptability is literally a Choice Band+Specs boost (1.5x)

That's wrong. Adaptability changes the multiplier on STAB from 1.5x to 2x. 2/1.5 = 4/3, so that's 33% increase. It's basically a Tough Claws for STAB.
>>
>>26148913
Yet op is still asking why, so obviously clarification is needed jackass.
>>
>>26148742
> it's terrible in Ubers.

That's not how tiers work. It doesn't matter if it's shit or not in ubers. All that matters is that it was way too powerful for OU. Plain and simple.
>>
>>26150110
you are right, sir. i cannot math
imma remove my comment now
>>
>>26148704
Because Smogon just bans things that people have difficulty dealing with. They don't like the idea that you can have a pokemon with multiple viable movesets since that means you have to actually think and deal with the problem instead of switching into Rotom or Ferrothorn again.

Things like M-Blaziken or M-Mence make sense. But I stopped playing showdown once Mawile got banned.
>>
>>26150008
>>26150025
Just call it BL0, because that's what it would be.
>>
>>26150166
Rotom-W and Ferrothorn can't handle it at all. Your attempts to try and outmaneuver it will only weaken your team when the Lucario user has 5 other mons waiting in the wings.

Mega Mawile mainly got banned because of the Focus Punch set, which murdered Heatran, the last thing that could switch in on it without taking 2x from Stealth Rock. If I'm not mistaken, defensive Arcanine is Mega Mawile's only counter, since the rest get demolished by Focus Punch, Thunder Punch, and Stone Edge that normally would wall its STAB.
>>
Megadog can come back to OU when we have a Poison Rotom or a priority fire or ground move
>>
>>26148704
Why the hell is this thing so sexy?
>>
Soes anyone have the Terrakion and Keldeo strapped to a Starmie's back screencap?
>>
>>26150461
Did you read the thread?
>>
>>26150467
Just saw it after I posted. Skimmed the first time like a faggot.
>>
>>26149832
I love this pic
>>
>>26148704

>Anon switched in physical wall!
>Mega Lucario used Nasty Plot!

>Anon switched on special wall!
>Mega Lucario used Swords Dance!
>>
>using non canon rules
lol, may as well play a hackrom
>>
>>26150585
>Anon switched into Slowbro!
>Mega Medicham used thunderpunch!
>Anon switched into Venusaur!
>Mega Medicham used Zen Headbutt!
Why isnt this shit banned yet?
>>
>>26148778

Greninja is a suicide lead, no?
Only M-Mawile, M-Lucario, Palkia, Deoxys, Deoxys-D and non-P Kyogre are truly useless in Uber.
The fact that non Primal Kyogre is essentially useless now still blows mind, considering it ruled the tier since advanced.
>>
>>26153157
Because Bravest Bird
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.