[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: things that trigger gen 7 fags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15
File: vpz9hXw[1].png (523 KB, 834x415) Image search: [Google]
vpz9hXw[1].png
523 KB, 834x415
ITT: things that trigger gen 7 fags
>>
>>26146602
Why would this trigger anyone? It likely WILL be in Gen 7
>>
6.5fags vs 7fags is passe
it's all about owls and understanding frustration now
>>
>>26146602
>things that trigger gen 7 fags

Gen 6.5 colors and numerology tier evidence and arguments. It's almost like they want actual proof and evidence, instead of our correct goal post moving and conspiracy theories.
>>
File: sunmoonpentagon.png (85 KB, 739x260) Image search: [Google]
sunmoonpentagon.png
85 KB, 739x260
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1136x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1136x491
This triggers gen 6.5 fags
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>
>>26146636
>you can't trust the fan's definition of generation!
>you can't trust GF's definition of generation!
>>
the animation even looks like a flaring sun with rays shooting out of it. How can gen 7 fags deny this.
>>
>>26146635
The games can still be trade compatible. The only thing that matters is wether or not they are battle compatible
>>
>>26146602
One of two things will happen
>Zygarde's alt forms will be exclusive to everything but main series and we'll be expected to just forget about it
or
>100% Zygarde is relegated to a shitty postgame sidequest like the Delta Episode
>>
File: zygardetymology.png (52 KB, 789x400) Image search: [Google]
zygardetymology.png
52 KB, 789x400
>>
>>26146749
I didn't know the Sun was green and shot out hexagons
>>
File: Gen 7 is confirmed.png (488 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gen 7 is confirmed.png
488 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>26146879
that doesn't confirm jack shit.
>>
>>26146794
Here, this kills the 6.5 argument and the why of hexagons and zygarde on the next games.

>>26146792
>>26146792
>>26146792
>>26146792
>>26146792

You are a hero.

>hezaygon

Pretty well though If you ask me.
>>
>>26146901
>>26146733

Just who exactly are you guys willing to believe?
>>
Nobody is a "gen 7 fag" just like no one is an "owlfag". Both of you get instantly filtered to the "shitposting" category.
>>
>>26146956
So Gen 7 fags are shitposters? I agree.
>>
File: gen6circle.png (825 KB, 898x896) Image search: [Google]
gen6circle.png
825 KB, 898x896
>>
>>26146635
literally what the fuck is being said
>>
File: 1418846853337.jpg (44 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1418846853337.jpg
44 KB, 400x386
>he thinks Zygarde's formes will appear in any mainline game
>>
>>26147749
It took me a while to figure it out but basically the pentagon that shows up in XY when a gen-compatible pokemon is transferred over only registers 5 games, and there's 2 left (The other 3 were ORAS and the demo).
>>
The pentagon is for determining Pokemon that came from gen 6.

A Pokemon hatched in XY or ORAS will have the pentagon. A Pokemon hatched in say, BW2, will not.

Only two more slots are left for games to use the same pentagon system XY and ORAS use so that Pokemon caught with a pentagon will keep the pentagon when traded to another game. Only two games. No more, no less. Which implies that GF has exactly 2 more Gen 6 games planned.

Surprise surprise, they announce Sun/Moon (TWO games) and not the ONE Z version faggots were expecting.
>>
>>26147766
I was under the impression that there were six, and they were divided between X, Y, OmegaRuby, and AlphaSapphire, with two left over.
>>
>>26146927
Only people who support the 6.5 argument
>>
>>26147802
>Only two more slots are left for games to use the same pentagon system XY and ORAS use so that Pokemon caught with a pentagon will keep the pentagon when traded to another game. Only two games. No more, no less. Which implies that GF has exactly 2 more Gen 6 games planned.
You realize they don't HAVE to use those two remaining slots right?
>>
>>26148118
>You realize they don't HAVE to use those two remaining slots right?

You realize that they don't HAVE to NOT use those two remaining slots right?

combined with the three (3) still unused moves that haven't been used for any events there's only one logical conclusion to reach here.
>>
>>26146921
You're acting like Zygarde can't have anything to do with Sun/Moon unless the games are related to Gen 6.
They could just be sequel games that take place in another generation ala Gold and Silver.
>>
>>26149644
Or they could do sequel games that take place in the same generation like BW2.
>>
>>26148167
>You realize that they don't HAVE to NOT use those two remaining slots right?
really good counter argument genius.
>>
>>26146792
So i guess if Zygarde has any relation to the Sun and Moon it's gonna go like this:

Sun version: the Sun and the Earth align during a solar eclipse and Zygarde gets access to thousand arrows that way

Moon version: the Moon and the Earth align during a lunar eclipse and Zygarde gets access to thousands waves that way
>>
>>26149707
Just as valid as yours.
>>
Another cool thing I noticed about perfect Zygardes color pallets is that the colors could represent the sea, sky, ???, land, and core of the earth. And zygarde brings balance to them all.
>>
>>26146749
How can you even use that as a Gen 6.5 argument? There's literally nothing stopping Pokémon Z from being a Gen 7 game.
>>
>>26146754
You really are an autist, aren't you? Battle compatibility is solely based on whether or not GameFreak is too lazy to add it in. Literally nothing else. They can do whatever they want if just they put the time into coding it.
>>
>>26146783
I'm going for Option C then: That Pokémon Z becomes a Gen 7 game and comes out after Sun & Moon, linking them to the Kalos story and finishing off the Mega Evolution Story Arc.
>>
>>26147802
What if they are used? But red blue yellow uses them. In order to get it on the bank.
>>
>>26149885
RBY aren't gen 6 games. The whole point is to differentiate Pokemon that AREN'T transferred.
>>
>>26146602
Is it really that hard to understand?

>Zygarde formes are announced and promoted heavily without any explanation or outcome
>There's no main game release as of yet, after the Zygarde reveals
>Next game will be Sun and Moon released this year
>We had legends getting formes in other generations than they were introduced (like Mewtwo or Groudon)
>Zygarde has Orange and Cyan cells on its chest

Zygarde forms will be a part of Sun and Moon. Its the same as Lucario situation with gen 4 where Lucario movie appeared a year beofre gen 4 came out
>>
>>26146602
Serena showing up as main character on SM anime
>>
>>26150251
Doubt it, its clear she'll leave
>>
>>26149814
And? Pick you're argument faggot
You gen 6.5 fags can never even settle between yourselves what defines a new Generation.
If it's not compatibility or new Pokemon, or a new region, or new mechanics (Don't be a cuck, we know the crystals are a new mechanic) then what is a new Generation? Don't just change your definition when someone tries to counter what you think.

P.S: It doesnt seem like you know what Autism is. You should probably do your research
>>
Anime stalling Zygarde plot
GF stalling Sun and Moon info

Well its quite obvious Zygarde will get at least some role in sun and moon. If we're lucky we might even get Kalos region in the postgame allthough knowing GF laziness
>>
>>26149822
Would that technically make Z a remake since it'd be in a different gen or just a really weird instance of a supplementary version?
>>
>>26150965
it would be a sequel in a different generation. something they should do with BW3 first.
>>
>>26150965
Nah lets face it: we either get a gen 2 scenario (where Gen 7 has gen 6 region in the postgame) or we het just get gen 7. Any other scenraio would be pointless.
>>
>>26150865
All they did is give her something in case she does need to leave. Otherwise she's not exactly tied to Gen VI after they made her OC like Ash.
>>
>>26150981
I wonder if they'll ever do the Original Dragon somehow. Its own mon, or a Primal/Mega Kyurem. Would another set of Unova games be our only hope?
>>
New Pokemon = New Generation.
>>
>>26151036
>Would another set of Unova games be our only hope?
definitely. i could see them doing the original dragon as a primal kyurem, but its more likely that it just wont show up at all.
they wont bother trying to actually retcon it into the origin story with dialga and palkia there. too many old dragon gods already.
>>
>>26149770
Both arguments are valid. They can use the remaining slots because they made them for a reason but they can also left them unused, all of their other games have unused data.
>>
>>26146879
This site was just some fansite, aka fake.
>>
The question shouldnt be "is it gen 6 or 7" but rather how big influence gen 6 will have on gen 7 as its pretty obvious we're not done with gen 6 stuff just yet
>>
>>26151171
As in, if it's gen 7 then it would only be 2 games long and dedicated to Zygarde only.
Where is the world does that make sense?
>>
>>26151174
Why would it be dedicated to Zygarde only? they can have gen 7 plot and legendaries being the main part and Kalos region and Zygarde plot in the postgame. It really isnt that hard to do if GF would really want it
>>
File: 1461672416024.png (15 KB, 514x424) Image search: [Google]
1461672416024.png
15 KB, 514x424
what i dont understand is, why is gen 6 the only gen without a sequel? this is the only thing that makes me think gen 6.5 fags might be right
>>
>>26151174
If it is Gen 7 then Zygarde won't have any role, they'll just give you the items to unlock its new forms. Or we could get an Episode Z in the postgame. Or absolutely nothing because, thanks to the lack of information on SM, it has the exact same chance of happening of any other option
>>
>>26151189
The question poses why would they have 7th gen now, shove Zygarde up its ass and leave it, one or two years later they have 8th gen on display?
>>26151198
I don't think so with this tremendous hype train that Game Freak is pushing on Zygarde, it's obvious there's something more and the lore behind everything in 6th gen supports that.
>>26151193
>"6.5"
Stop this meme, it would be gen 6 if not gen 7, you dunce.
>>
>>26151212
>Stop this meme
okay then
>sun and moon might be gen 6
happy?
>>
>>26151221
Thanks.
Just stop saying "6.5" because it implies you're only throwing your own unreasonable definitions into what a generation is.
>>
>>26151198
>If it is Gen 7 then Zygarde won't have any role

You dont know that, we dont have any idea what gen 7 will be like or how many legends it'll have. They can do whatever they want specially since its supposed to be the 20th annivesary games
>>
>>26151067
>i could see them doing the original dragon as a primal kyurem
Instead of simply being able to fuse all three together? That would fucking suck. And make no sense at all.
>>
>>26151257
it works

kyurem is the empty husk of the OD. it lost its form as the truth and ideals poured out of it, and it becomes the OD again by reabsorbing them via primal reversion.

fusing them with better DNA splicers would be the optimal solution. but GF wont do that.
>>
>>26151252
Question here would be which scenario is it most likely?
As far as everything has been shown, a 6th gen S/M makes perfect sense with pretty much everything. Every piece of everything would fit like the other half of a puzzle, snapping all perfectly into place autism style
A 7th gen S/M ditches all sense for the reason that "6th gen was horrible, never touch it again".
>>
>>26151271
>by reabsorbing them via primal reversion
But it would mean you can only do that if you also have Reshiram and Zekrom in your party, and it would effectively remove them from the battle as if they were insta-knock-outed. Literally no one would use such a feature, so why would they even bother implementing it?
>>
>>26151280
A 7th gen SM doesn't ditch anything. It simply means that the 6th gen story is continued with a new set of Pokémon, like they did with GSC. The stories were still connected, even though there were new Pokémon included.
>>
>>26151280
>a 6th gen S/M makes perfect sense with pretty much everything

except for the part where they have already shown new pokemon, so gen VII is happening. If magearna and the wireframe bird didnt exist i would swear up and down SM was to XY what BW2 was to BW.

new pokemon. new generation. period.
>>
>>26151280
The problem is that we know there will be new pokemon and a new region. So it's gen 7 and gen 6 won't be remebered fondly
>>
>1996 *shows gen1*
>1998 *shows gen2*
>2002 *shows gen 3*
>2006 *shows gen 4*
>2010 *shows gen 5*
>2013 *shows gen 6*
>AND IN 2016...
>>
>>26151322
>*shows gen 6.5*
:^)
>>
I understand your frustration.
>>
>>26151302
Again, it makes more sense for it to be gen 6 in this case. 2nd gen didn't suffer in the story department because Rocket is the worst team or the memory limitation. We're not only discussing how perfect the story would fit in, but just everything else.
You do have a point, though. That's a case which cannot be explained away too easily, but you have to ask yourself how likely that is.
>>26151304
>>26151305
>new pokemon
Now we'll talk about that compatibility aspect.
X/Y and OR/AS are battle compatible with one exception: New things aren't allowed because they're not supported.
Nothing's stopping them (outside of "SO MANY NEW THINGS) from banning things S/M introduces.
>>
>>26151341
You're basically saying tha GSC are Gen I.
All right Sun and Moon are Gen 5.5 then
>>
>>26151322
>1996 shows gen 1
>1998 more gen 1
>1999 gen 2
>2000 more gen 2
>2002 gen 3
>2004 more gen 3
>2004 later, still more gen 3
>2006 gen 4
>2008 more gen 4
>2009 more gen 4
>2010 gen 5
>2012 more gen 5
>2013 gen 6
>2014 more gen 6
>2016...
>>
>>26151355
No, I'm not.
G/S/C couldn't battle with G/R/B/Y. What's so difficult to understand about that?
>>
>>26151341
no compatability does not matter, nothing matters except new pokemon. a new generation of pokemon. not a new generation of code, not a new generation of battle styles.

new pokemon. new generation.
>>
>>26151368
If you want to take objectivity out of the argument, sure, believe in whatever you believe.
>>
>>26151374
that is the most objective possible answer anon.
it doesnt rely on moves or items that are programmed but never implemented

it doesnt rely on abstract things like 'feeling zygardes story is incomplete'

it doesnt rely on meta subjects like a pentagon that separates the 3ds games from all other systems

new pokemon means a new generation.
>>
File: smugot.png (10 KB, 364x240) Image search: [Google]
smugot.png
10 KB, 364x240
>>26151380
>doesn't rely on programmed things
Exactly why it's not objective. The "never implemented" argument is done for because Sun and Moon exist. We simply don't know if they are "unused" as you claim.
>doesnt rely on abstract things like 'feeling zygardes story is incomplete'
Sure this isn't objective, but you'd have to be an idiot to think that Zygarde is done for. OP's pic is again something you can't look away from.
>doesnt rely on meta subjects like a pentagon that separates the 3ds games from all other systems
This goes for things programmed as well. The whole idea of the seventh generation being upon us right now implies that they changed plans, dramatically. We would have noticed it, that's how dramatic the changes would be. Scrapping everything that XY/ORAS brought is just nonsense as far as financials, customer trust and how things most likely work on the inside are concerned.
>new pokemon means a new generation.
Have you ever tried to put it the other way around and think about if that makes more sense because it results in something that is obligatory?
>>
File: Azure-flute.png (376 B, 24x24) Image search: [Google]
Azure-flute.png
376 B, 24x24
>>
>>26148167
Oh wow TWO whole moves?
I bet that took them literally 2 hours to make all those moves, all that work gone to waste.
>>
>>26149655
Except Nintendo has confirmed it is gen 7
>>
>>26151435
>were still stuck in gen IV until they use this obviously unfinished legendary pokemon related stuff.

exactly what a 6.5 argument is.

>>26151417
>The whole idea of the seventh generation being upon us right now implies that they changed plans, dramatically.

maybe they did.
>>
>>26151438
>I bet that took them literally 2 hours to make all those moves
Except that they have to make models, textures, sound effects, animations and program these all together into something we call "a move".
>>26151435
That implies muh distribution. I don't believe a single thing about that, because of how Zygarde is already almost proven to be linked with major shit in S/M.
>>26151445
Explain to me how that would be reasonable. If you really want to argue about this one point, fine by me. I'm not discarding anything I've said.
>>
>>26151042
This

Pokemon get released in generations, they are releasing new pokemon.
Its a new generation of pokemon.
>>
>>26151464
>Zygarde is already almost proven to be linked with major shit in S/M

show me a single ounce of proof that doesn't rely on the anime, which has had dozens of anime only versions of pokemon.

zygarde is just some weird thing you find in a cave right now. and dont cite kyurem as evidence because of its unused in BW moves, those may or may not be implemented and are pure speculation, not hard evidence.
>>
>>26146636
>Ledyba is 1m tall

What the fuck
>>
>>26151464
>Explain to me how that would be reasonable
They paid attention to the feedback from the community and decided that it was in the companies best financial interests to not gamble on the possibility of further decreased sales for the next round of gen 6 games, and instead opted to wipe the slate clean and move on to gen 7.
>>
>>26151464
>Zygarde is already almost proven to be linked with major shit in S/M.
LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH
>>
>>26151475
>that doesn't rely on the anime
TCG, Tretta, Picross, Shuffle.
"Where's the proof?"
Zygarde itself is evidence. More Perfect Zygarde, because of its chest colors; it predicts itself.
>dont cite kyurem as evidence because of its unused in BW moves
It's not hard evidence, but it's evidence no matter how you look at it. Both Zygarde and Kyurem are 100BST lower than their respective mascots, right? They both grow stronger than them with new forms. Now you consider the moves and you see how this forms this nice repeat of the last generation, minus we don't know what the exact role of Zygarde is yet.
>>26151485
>They paid attention to the feedback from the community
I would like a citation within the context of what's happening these days.
Anyway, that doesn't hold ground so easily. You can't possibly suggest that they ditch a whole literal "IT ALL COMES TOGETHER" sequel to X/Y just because there's been collected thoughts about those games being pretty bad. I get why you could personally think so, but I am pretty sure Game Freak doesn't just cancel things that don't go as well as planned.
What's 5th gen's sales data again?
>>
>>26151536
Don't worry, the last laugh is the best, right?
>>
>>26151475
I'm not that anon but I'll probably talk about this.

A lot of the things people list as anime-only Pokemon all come from Gen I. The Carbink are like the Spiky- eared Pichu.

The thing with Zygarde is it isn't just an anime-only thing seeing as TPC is pushing it in everything, including Tretta that uses the same models as the games.

You don't want anyone citing Kyurem and the unsused BW moves but this is what's going on. Not to mention the games themselves don't have to forms available, only 50% Zygarde.

Now, you had people going "Oh, EF Floette will be released during the movie" and what have you, but the movie event Pokemon are Volcanion and the Pokemon that wins the elections (which is looking to be Greninja). In this case, you have moves and a Pokemon that they'd probably want to release because of Light of Ruin.
>>
>>26151562
Eternal Floette will probably be a distribution mon, but only if it's not given to you by AZ in S/M. Only cases with it I can think of.
>>
>>26151193
Gen 3 & 4 say hi.
Both of them only got expansions, no sequels.
>>
>>26151597
>taking things at such detailed levels
>when it's obvious what he meant
Gen 1 and 2 also just got expansions, if you're so nerdy about being correct about extremely in-detail terminology. You know exactly what the guy meant.
>>
>>26151573
Well, yeah it'd be a distribution mon but the case where it'd happen is during movie release which is getting taken by the frog. It really is looking more like it'd be S&M where you'd get the use of the missing conponents, EF Floette, Zygarde forms and moves, and them tying up Kalos by pulling a Johto.
>>
>>26151542
none of that zygarde stuff suggests us staying in the same generation, could easily be done the same way in gen 7

add that to new pokemon and theres a stronger case for new gen than not.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 334x151) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 334x151
>>26146602
ITT: Things that trigger gen 2 fags.
>>
>>26151417
>Scrapping everything that XY/ORAS brought is just nonsense as far as financials, customer trust and how things most likely work on the inside are concerned.
But m8, we shouldnt know about those pentagons, moves and hidden pokemon :^)
>>
>>26151614
But still, they are expansions, not sequels like BW2 :^)
>>
>>26151485
>They paid attention to the feedback from the community
But gen 6 sold like hotcakes overall. What stupid manchildren on 4chan say is irrelevant. Pokemon literally prints money.
>>
>>26151623
Yes it's kinda obvious. I don't understand why people deny these things, calling "anime exclusive" and all to avoid them having anything to do with the games.
Only case where "anime exclusive" is considered with all these is more Ash-Greninja than anything. Ash himself is anime-exclusive in the same way, having "Ash-Greninja" like that in the games doesn't make sense. However, the concept itself isn't so bad, as it's the same as AZ Floette's.
I think it'll be the "Special Episode of" mega evolution of S/M, as Primals were to OR/AS. Most likely scenario would be the S/M mascots and if not those, then some accessible things like the anticipated starters.
>>26151630
>none of that zygarde stuff suggests us staying in the same generation
Not directly, that's why it's not hard evidence. By Zygarde itself, I'm also saying the generation in which Zygarde was introduced in. Plus all evidence together and you've got a pretty strong point in front of you. You could challenge it, but you're still gonna have to question why they would start the 7th generation now and leave it as a one-time hit celebration instead of a 6th gen Finale Closure Anniversary Edition celebration.
>>26151655
True, we shouldn't have known about the unused moves in B/W, Mega Latis and the three mythicals in X/Y, anything from the OR/AS special demo or in fact this whole thing.
Such a shame Game Freak has to litter the games with things that basically spoils us on what's gonna happen, but it's nice to have such fresh and hot ammunition for evidence.
>>26151664
Yes. You see how well received B2/W2 were, because they continued on things instead of muh plot twist third version. They are objectively or at least arguably the best games thus far. Only hopes is that S/M will be even better.
>>26151697
Thanks.
>>
File: godugh.png (6 KB, 166x155) Image search: [Google]
godugh.png
6 KB, 166x155
>>26151718
Why do I feel like I always have the last word in these. No arguments or anything thrown at me for the last three hours. I don't know why, if it's because they're always large or if people get fed up with it. It's not THAT slow of a board, either.
It can't be that they're actually being convinced to be more skeptical about the situation, because of them being so rooted to their beliefs, right?
>>
>>26146879
That was pokemonsunandmoon.com, no? That's a fan site.
>>
>>26153353
Yes, yes it was.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.