[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Hardest Pokemon Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: 12364_front.jpg (58 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
12364_front.jpg
58 KB, 640x440
Pokemon Stadium 2 Rental Only
>>
>>26146576
Worse
Pokemon Stadium 2 Johtomons only
>>
Explorers of Time and Darkness or really hard. I've had Darkness since it came out in like 2008 and I still haven't beaten it
>>
>Round 2
>Rental only
>Kanto Gym Leader Castle.

Anyone have any videos of that being done? I'd love to see Red being beaten with shitmon.
>>
>>26146576
Couldn't even beat the Round 1 E4 with rentals.
>>
Emerald BF
>>
>>26146576
I had a guide next to me to tell me the best rentals, and even then I recently discovered there was a Round 2.
>>
>>26146576
This game is easily the equivalent of Dark Souls of Pokemon games
>>
This game was great, but a huge glitch in it is Wobbufett. Instead of the computer switching out infinitely against Wobbuffett until he runs out of pp, like any smart person would, they stay in and attack and potentially kill themselves. Thats how I beat Round 2 Lance.
>>
>>26146625
THIS SO MUCH HOOOLY FUCK
>>
>>26146576
This game literally cheats. The AI has better odds for things like accuracy and crits. Beating Round 1 with Rentals is probably doable, but unless you have insane luck, you're not doing Round 2.
>>
>>26146625
To be fair, these games are ridiculously difficult if you don't understand the item management mechanic. That's the literal only reason I haven't beaten PMD1
>>
>>26146697
I beat Round 2 with rentals. Stop sucking. Now Battle Frontier was unbeatable though. Too much RNG.
>>
>>26146697
>Opponent uses DynamicPunch
>Hits 100% of the times

>I do Lock on + DynamicPunch
>Misses 1/128 of the times
>>
>>26146642
I don't remember what team I made to beat them but I remember I used Murkrow for Will. His Xatu would always use Fly against it, and since Murkrow was slower, Murkrow would use Fly too and always hit while Will always missed.
>>
Pokemon Ranger is so goddamn hard.I got it in like '06 and had to come back to it multiple times before I actually beat it. I finally beat it about a year ago, and got that sweet Manaphy that I named "9 Years"
>>
>>26146873

I don't know if Entei or Steelix pissed me off more.

Good thing SoA changed the capture mechanic to be less retarded.
>>
>>26146625
>>26146715

These games are PISS EASY. How do you have this much trouble with them? 100ing the game is almost to easy, save for the randomized 99F dungeon where you get Celebi.
>>
>>26146643
>>26146721

Emerald is the only Pokemon game I could not fully complete as a kid due to the Frontier. Hoping to change that in the future.
>>
>>26146627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sMAvVUGaWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwkg_OXorqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zo7u1ebNG

Kanto Gym Leader Castle Round 2 starts at just before 3 hours in part 2. I'd say it's worth to look through the whole run though, it's actually really good.
>>
>>26146963
Even that can be managed pretty easily if you use Smoochum.
>>
>>26146873
>That battle against Charizard

Holy shit
>>
>>26147042
What does Smoochum do? I just used Marowak and Swampert. Based Bonemerang.
>>
>>26147009
>38 hours
jesus christ
>>
>>26146873
This. Steelix and the dragons were tough.
>>
>>26147105
It has good level 1 stats and early level scaling, levels up pretty quickly, and gets Confusion and Powder Snow early.

Although now that I'm thinking about it more, I might be confusing myself and actually thinking of the Time/Darkness equivalent to that dungeon. If they changed its stats between games maybe it wasn't as good in Rescue Team.
>>
>>26146721
Beating round 2 with rentals is fully possible, but it's not very much about being good at Pokémon. Like, your strategy for the harder fights are 90% figuring out a strategy to kill the opposing Pokémon with Destiny Bond/Counter/Mirror Coat/Explosion/Selfdestruct and then rely on your 3rd Pokémon to be enough to win the 1v1. Often you're at the complete mercy of RNG, and this game is not favorable in that department at all.
>>
>>26147111
He beats it quite comfortably though.
>>
>>26147149
I never used Smoochum so i wouldn't know.

Time/Darkness wasn't all that memorable for me. I hated how the guild took money from rescues, but besides that i remember Blue being much, much harder. The dungeon with the Regi's and Mew never ceased to shit me off.
>>
>>26146721
The only facility that's truly completely luck-based is the Palace, since no matter how you try to optimize your team to work on its own, it's still ultimately driven by the AI.
>>
>>26146674
What the fuck does that even mean you retard?
>>
>>26147476
It means he thinks Dark Souls is the hardest thing ever, ignore his opinion.
>>
>>26147476
>>26147976
It means its hard you dingus. Not necesarily the hardest (Touhou takes that spot.) but it's hard either way.
>>
File: 1442036935207.jpg (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442036935207.jpg
108 KB, 500x500
>>26149517
>(Touhou takes that spot.)

Anon, I love Touhou but you're wrong as shit, Touhou isn't even close to the hardest shmup series, let alone all genres of video games; though it does have some tough entries like SA, shit like CAVE shmups make it look like a cakewalk.
>>
File: only.jpg (9 KB, 216x200) Image search: [Google]
only.jpg
9 KB, 216x200
>>26149517
Congratz, you found EoSD's extra on youtube. It's not actually that hard. Please attach to and embarrass a different series now.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.