[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened to the region maps past Gen IV? Why are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: linear.png (14 KB, 900x400) Image search: [Google]
linear.png
14 KB, 900x400
What the fuck happened to the region maps past Gen IV? Why are they all so boring and uninteresting? There's like no sense of variety or exploration its just this linear methodical nonsense.

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh had maps I love and remember to this day.

Unova and Kalos is just utter shjt.

Will the new region in Sun and Moon continue this trend? I sure as fuck hope not.
>>
They just want to make the game easier for younger generations
>>
File: 143654546544.jpg (132 KB, 948x1488) Image search: [Google]
143654546544.jpg
132 KB, 948x1488
>>26140493
pic related
>>
File: ZcWHUJT.png (9 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ZcWHUJT.png
9 KB, 500x500
>>26140479
>>
Hoenn was shit

Sinnoh probably has the best layout, if it wasn't for the HM spam it would be perfect

At least BW2 tried to make Unova a little more interesting in layout
>>
File: 1461714456628.png (85 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
1461714456628.png
85 KB, 300x298
>>26140479
Look, another thread bashing Kalos!
Isnt like we have a bazillion threads of that type in the past or something like that!
>>
>>26140513
They sort of just grafted new areas onto it that doesn't improve the exploration at all. In fact you can't even do that because they deliberately roadblock you from plenty of old routes just to have some semblance of a post game.
>>
>>26140520
>in the past
but we need more in the present
>>
>>26140479
Unova looks like tiny penis with huge balls
>>
>>26140479
I remember getting lost in Sapphire victory road and finding a shiny Medicham when I was a kid.

OR/AS victory road is an abomination. I can understand wanting to make things simpler for kids, I do. But lack of challenge is detrimental to kids as well. Its really weird to make things like stength puzzles and routes simpler and then put in shit like the Sootopolis gym puzzle.
>>
>>26140578
Kids are too savvy in this day and age of technology and widespread information to be patronized like that.

It's instead quite literally dumbing it down for smartphone normies who have "no time to play games" but also play stupid mobile crap on the go. Even more hilarious because that would mean grown ups are dumber than kids today.
>>
>>26140532
Better than no postgame at all like Kalos
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.