[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the FUCK is the Darkrai event Gamestop exclusive for a "global
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: darkrai.png (132 KB, 801x887) Image search: [Google]
darkrai.png
132 KB, 801x887
Why the FUCK is the Darkrai event Gamestop exclusive for a "global distribution event"? That is ridiculous bullshit, and horrifically inconsistent. Make up your mind, Nintendo.

If they can give out Jirachi -- I emphasize -- JIRACHI over mystery gift then why not Darkrai?

I am so mad right now.
>>
>>26137636
Apparently Darkrai and Genesect are supposed to be super speshul rare like Arceus. Or maybe just fuck you in particular.
>>
>>26137654
Yeah, well fuck you too Nintendo. I was so hyped since as far as I know Darkrai were never given out through mystery gift before. Guess they intend to keep it that way.
>>
Gamestop might have bought exclusive distribution rights and they haven't expired yet.
>>
>>26137636
irs so you can get up and go outside for once in your NEET life
>>
>>26137721
Even if I wasn't a NEET, why on earth would I want to do that? An adult walking into a store for Pokemon codes is pure cringe.
>>
>>26137636
It's not Gamestop exclusive:
>United States - Gamestop - May 1st through May 24th
>Canada - EBGames - May 1st through May 24th
>United Kingdom - GAME - May 1st through May 24th
>Australia & New Zealand - EBGames - May 1st through May 24th
>Spain - GAME - May 1st through May 24th
>Germany - Gamestop - May 2nd through May 24th
>France - Micromania - May 2nd through May 15th
>Italy - Gamestop - May 1st through May 24th
>Belgium - FNAC or GameMania - May 1st through May 24th
>Netherlands - GameMania - May 1st through May 24th
>Finland, Sweden, Norway & Denmark - BR Stores - May 12th through July 31st
>Portugal - FNAC Stores - May 1st through May 24th
>Poland - In magazine CDAction

Also it was available via Wi-Fi in 2008, 2009, and 2012 in America, Europe, and Japan.
>>
>>26137740
Therefore buy something as well as get the code, you don't have to just go into the store JUST for the code.
>>
>>26137751
Gamestop or not, you still have to go into a store to get the code.
>>
>>26137740
Then either stop making it cringey or just don't fucking worry about it. Do you want your digital spookiman or not?
>>
>>26137814
I do, but it ain't worth the mental anguish.
>>
>>26137751

Not in my country. Fucking nintendo pieces of shit.
>>
pls send code
>>
>>26137874
Yes.
>>
>>26137636
Fuck off South America
>>
>>26137814
>ohai thar just getting a code for my lil bro
>kthnxbai
Are you literally autismo?
>>
File: UDPVN5o.jpg (34 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
UDPVN5o.jpg
34 KB, 600x403
>>26137884
>>
If I had to guess, Gamestop just got the rights to distribute four of them because of whatever deal lets them sell the exclusive plushes. Gamestop probably just picked whatever four they thought were the most popular. (Arcues and Darkrai tend to rank high on popularity polls, Mew has the geewon appeal, and Genesect because it was the coolest-looking one left)
>>
I want /r9k/ to leave
>>
>>26137771
>>26137771
i hate leaving the basement too anon but i do it to get my video game animals

just get multiple of the older ones and trade them on the GTS for the new ones, people do it
>>
Jirachi is way cooler than Darkrai so who gives a shit
>>
>>26137771
Oh no, stepping into the sunlight!
>>
>>26137862
stop living in the third world, then, shitbrick.
>>
>>26137740
>being this insecure
No one cares if you enjoy something and want to indulge in it.
The fat neckbeards that come in asking for 4 codes are cringe.
I work at a GameStop in the suburbs and we have all kinds of people come in. We don't have time to care. And if we did why would you, GameStop employees are paid shit and dead inside.
>>
I am very mad. I drove all the way to GameStop.
>>
Protip:
Call GameStop customer service about 10-12 days into event.
Say your GameStop is out of codes and they said they were instructed to direct customers to customer service.
Don't bother doing this until later though, they'll know you're full of shit if you haven't given it enough time for them to run out of codes.
>>
IS TRUE is fucked up, it should be through wifi...
Pls send a code, im far away for US....
>>
>>26138293
I know this but it doesn't solve my phobia. Stupid brain.
>>
>>26138553
Honestky bro it's one of those things you just have to work through.
I understand I was the same way.
But then I embraced the things I love and found people who enjoy them an support me in the things I'm passionate about and I'm much happier.
Now I'm 22, in a serious relationship with a QT3.14 who I reintroduced to Pokemon and plays with me, I'm losing weight I put on while in my years long funk.
I know it's hard, and it probably just dumb coming from a faceless anon on /vp/ but you just have to get a little uncomfortable for a minute, then you get comfortable, and things get better.
Now go get your darkrai you massive faggot.
>>
>>26138345
If I did this, do they actually send more codes to your local store or just tell you a code over the phone?
>>
>>26137636
Oh whatever I'll just inject it.
>>
>>26137740
No one gives a flying shit.
Get over your SAD.
>>
We have this event in Russia. Some codes are distributed through stores in Moscow and St. Petersburgh and others will be given choices via email, since they don't live in these two cities.
>>
>>26138553
Just mentally convince yourself you are getting it for a younger sibling/your son. Don't tell anyone, just create the story in your head. You don't need to justify yourself to them because what you're doing isn't weird. Your just being a good big brother/father that's going to make your little brother/son's day with a rare new pokemon.
>>
>>26138740
Code over phone, why would a GameStop employee have you call for a restock on codes?
>>
>>26138258
Fuck off

Only by dumb luck you weren't born into a fucking shit country.

Fuck you entitled faggot
>>
>>26137840
>Going outside
>Muh mental stability
It doesn't get any more cringe than that. You're too far gone, swallow your pride; should go down smoothly.
>>
>>26137636
Because Nintendo
>>
>>26139169
You mad 3rd worlder?
>>
Look, I'm an insecure faggot who hates interacting with people, and even I got off my fat ass and drove to my nearest GameStop.

I went in, declined needing help looking for something, looked around the store for anything that'd catch my eye (nothing besides Magic boosters at exactly $4 and other stuff instead of the $4.18 bullshit at Target/Walmart.) and then went to the front desk and asked the other employee for a Darkrai code. He asked if I wanted one or two, I said one (because I only need one) he gave me the card, I thanked him, then I left.

It's not that fucking bad you NEETs.
>>
If anyone has a Spare code I don't have any GameStops in my area
I'd appreciate it
>>
File: 1456996937702.jpg (67 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
1456996937702.jpg
67 KB, 500x494
>mfw the only 2 GameStops near me both closed down last year
>mfw one of those GameStops had douchebag employees that actually did judge you and make your life a living hell

One of the GameStops had this xbox dudebro as a clerk and he made fun of this guy who came in to get Phantom Hourglass for DS on release day. It was so fucking cringey my soul still hurts to this day. He looked liked that kid from that GTA V poster too.

>bro aren't you a little too old to be playing fucking ZELDA
>uhmm... I.. I just want it I guess
>*rolls eyes* whatever then... Thatll be 39.99.

Kinda glad I have an excuse to not go desu desu
>>
If it's being insecure about going there, they probably have dozens of people asking for codes everyday. Who cares?
>>
>>26137636
I understand your frustration
>>
>>26137668
there was a wi-fi event like 4 years ago, i recall nabbing it in black
>>
>go into gamestop with 9 year old brother
>ask for two codes
>I'm sorry, we can only give you one code.
>what?
>oh but we don't have any codes the shipment isn't in yet
>what?
>but you can check out our darkrai promotional merch, it's up front near the darkrai poster
>>
May 2 still not official video
http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html#may
>>
>>26140455
>Phantom Hourglass for DS on release day
Phantom Hourglass is a 2007 game, are you sure that this douchebag still worked in the GS until last year?
>>
So how do I get this? Do I have to buy anything? Do I just ask the clerk?
>>
>>26137668
They were back during 5th gen.
I know I didnt get it from a shop or anything, since I lived in the middle of no where with no car to get anywhere at the time.
>>
>>26138293
Not true, I make fun of fat fucks playing mtg outside all the time. I also make fun of LARPers when I see them at the downtown waterfront.
I make fun of the weeaboos outside of the convention center. There's always an asshole like me judging.
>>
Anyone with an extra code for Darkrai? Im not in US, I need the US code. Thanks ppl
>>
File: 1462067381851.png (103 KB, 225x259) Image search: [Google]
1462067381851.png
103 KB, 225x259
>tfw Darkrai was never even distributed here before
>tfw hyped I was finally gonna get it
Cucked again.
A-at least I got Zygrade, r-right guys?
>>
>>26140949
Oh man, those larpers.

It seems fun though, I might join them.
>>
>>26137636
Cause you a bitch nigga
>>
>>26138553
I see more adults play pokemon than kids anymore. Fuck when I am forced to go to game stop I'll usually have a conversation with the employees about pokemon. No one fucking cares. Grow some balls.
>>
I don't think everyone in the world has wifi connection you lazy bum.
>>
I assume because the stores pay to get some of the events for themselves to get people to come into their stores and buy stuff.
>>
File: 220px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png (640 B, 220x160) Image search: [Google]
220px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
640 B, 220x160
anyone know where the codes are distributed in norway? Last time it was BR, but I can't find it anywhere
>>
>>26137740
I'm so thankful I'm a cute grill that can be mistaken for 18. Those poor gamestop saps have a tenancy to give me multiple cards regardless if I buy something or not.
>>
>>26139553
not him but I am
>>
Think this is the best place to ask this.

I think one of my gift mons disappeared. I had 3 lined up and then after getting the free Celebi I only had 3 to claim. Any idea why?
>>
You could easily get Darkrai in Diamond and Pearl by using action replay walk/run through walls and walking/running from Fullmoon Island to Newmoon island
>>
>>26137636
Publicity
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.