[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY THIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: ok what the fuck.png (29 KB, 647x398) Image search: [Google]
ok what the fuck.png
29 KB, 647x398
Ok so while in the Meta-Balancing thread yesterday I realized I'm a fucking idiot and didn't know that Bug was Resisted by so much. Seriously, the fuck is this shit? I realize one type has to be the worst but JESUS these offensive ineptitudes don't even make any sense.

Like why does Ghost resist bug

Why does fairy resist bug?? (coming from a fairy lover)

WHY DOES FIGHTING RESIST BUG??

Also I had no idea it was weak to rock, which is interesting. Like yay rock is good against something else I guess. I don't get the logic though.

Seriously, what is with Pokemon type meta. Why does Ice not resist water yet water resists ice? Should be the opposite IMO.

Can we please discuss this, in a somewhat serious matter because I'm actually interested in what you fucks think might truly make all types viable in their own niche.
>>
>>26136500
>Also I had no idea it was weak to rock, which is interesting. Like yay rock is good against something else I guess. I don't get the logic though.
Rocks squish bugs I've always told myself.
>>
>>26136528
Then shouldn't Steel be super effective against Bug as well? Also Water drowns bugs easily so Water should be super effective against Bug in addition.
>>
>>26136546
you're right

bug should be weak to steel, and normal and fighting desu
>>
>>26136500

It's common to squish bugs with rocks.. not steel

Also I'm in agreeance. Bugs should hit fairy, ghost and fighting neutrally
>>
>>26136500
>I had no idea it was weak to rock
anon, why do you think everybody hates the huge number of bug/flying combos.

>nb4 smogonfags and their sneaky pebbles
>>
>>26136528
>>26136641
Don't lots of bugs dwell under rocks?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>26136500

Fairys are commonly depicted as getting along harmoniously with bugs in folklore.

Perhaps this is a nod to that depiction. Like bugs respect fairys and can't bring themselves to use full force on them.
>>
>>26136670
And somehow, Shuckle/Crustle are still weak to rock.
>>
>>26136670

They live under ground more commonly.

Think of how many bugs have accidentally died from a hard rock falling on them in the wild. Come on.. you know this to be true.

Plus I think there's a saying about killing bugs with rocks in Nippon
>>
File: 1460265920053.gif (886 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460265920053.gif
886 KB, 250x250
>>26136500

The only thing worse than a bad offensive type is one that's not really a good defensive type either. Grass makes up for it with a large number of good moves, but it's only recently that Bugs have been thrown a bone in terms of goodies.

I also came across this little tidbit the other day that I was previously unaware of:
>Yanmega has the highest HP base stat of all Bug-type Pokémon.
>At 86, this is the lowest instance of a base stat that is the highest within its type.
>>
>>26136671

I feel like Grass should resist Fairy then, because fairies have that same dynamic towards nature.
>>
Like is it even possible to create a decent bug type team? I've always thought so, even with all their weaknesses, but never got around to doing so.
>>
>>26136707

Plants don't respect fairies. Fairys respect plants.

Grass should probably resist fairy if anything.
>>
So weird that Insects in real life could resist nuclear explosions and in the games are pretty weak, If In real life insects were the same size of Pokébugs, they would terrorize lands.
>>
>Bug neutral against Fairy/Fighting/Ghost
>Ice resists Flying and Water
>Rock resists itself
>Fairy weak against Grass instead of Fire
>Grass neutral against Flying and ???
>>
>>26136707
That would be logical, but this is GameFreak we're talking about. They hate Grass types and will do everything in their power to prevent them from being popular, such as giving them the most weaknesses, giving them horrible movepools, and not putting any playable Grass types in Sm4sh.
>>
>>26136728

That's...literally what I just said.
>>
File: images.jpg (23 KB, 435x338) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23 KB, 435x338
>>26136500
Best bug coming through
>>
>>26136752
Oops, read it as the other way round. My bad.
>>
File: 1461102705710.png (8 KB, 603x556) Image search: [Google]
1461102705710.png
8 KB, 603x556
>>26136758
>>
File: 1388543573643.gif (3 MB, 325x183) Image search: [Google]
1388543573643.gif
3 MB, 325x183
>>26136500

Bug and Fighting resist each other and are SE against Dark because Kamen Rider.
>>
>>26136735

>flying is now the new shit type

Seriously flying resisting grass makes sense. Let's leave that
>>
Offensively, Bug sucks quite possibly the biggest dick in the universe. It barely covers the things it "beats", and not only are there a lot of types that resist it, those types are common.

Fairy also does not need a resistance versus Bug. Honestly, I'd go the extra mile and say Bugs need to be SE versus Fairies. Fairy is an OP little shit right now in terms of defensive typing, and Bugs are already good at fighting
"vague" types like Psychic and Dark. Bugs eat plants, but also quell hubris. The edgiest psychic, dark, and fae creatures in existence face facts when nature mashes it with segmented mandibles.

The mutual NVE with fighting is also just weird. Apparently, Bugs are equally bad at biting a fist as the fist is at crushing a bug.

Fire Bug never made sense to me as a kid. Surely, a squirrel or mouse reacts just as badly as a beetle when set on fire? I attributed the weakness to Bugs being green for a long time.
Then I got smrt, and realized exoskeletons make bugs vulnerable to detonation when heated.
>>
>>26136758
>drapion
My nigga
>>
>>26136788
Honestly though, what other NVE could even be changed? Dragon or Steel? Grass is a really shitty offensive concept.
>>
>>26136799
>bugs explode when set on fire
that's really fuckin cool dude
>>
>>26136811

Dragon shouldn't resist Grass. I assume the point was for it to resist the basic elements (Fire/Water/Electric), but for some reason Grass is standing in for Earth instead of Ground-type?
>>
>>26136500
>Meta-Balancing thread
literal faggot thread
worst thread on /vp/
most autistic thread on /vp/
rock-paper-scissors enthusiast thread

Pick all of the above
>>
>>26136723
Volcarona, Mega Pinsir, Scizor, Heracross, Forretress?

I think it can be done.
>>
>>26136770
this looks infinitely better than any effect i have ever seen in any iteration of power rangers, and better than effects i've seen in more "adult" shows like supernatural and smallville and what have you
>>
>>26136851
Gaim had a pretty good budget.
>>
>>26136847
Why mega pinsir? Last time I checked it doesn't learn any stab moves. I haven't paid much attention to it since xy/oras.
>>
>>26136838
i know i shouldn't reply but i personally don't play meta i'm just here to talk about grass-types
>>
>>26136835
My guess is Dragonite was supposed to resist all the starter types, and the Electric resist was so it would have only one weakness.
>>
>>26136851

The flashy effects are good, but wait until you see the occasional CGI monster...
>>
>>26136546
>Water drowns bugs easily
water drowns everything if you give it enough time. And when they introduce a pokemon move called "hold opponent under water for a minute", that should be super against everything. But since most water moves focus on either shooting water at the opponent or swimming rapidly at them, it has few things it's super against.
>>
>>26136866
>what are Return, Double Edge, Quick Attack and Feint
>>
>>26136866
Aerilate, bro. Gives it the most powerful Return in the game and lets it OHKO a ton of things with Quick Attack.
>>
>>26136500

>neutral to the most common type

>strong against the second most common type, and resists it

>strong against the strongest type in gen 1

>strong against dark types which are fairly common in the meta

>resists fighting and ground types

mixed coverage is quite good senpai.
>>
>>26136868
are you here to tell me about how grass shouldn't be week against steel? that one is usually brought up eventually.
>>
>>26136500
This is what I said and got called a genwunner fairy hater
>>
>>26136835
Dragon resists the starter elements of Fire/Water/Grass and Electric (Pokemon Yellow).
>>
>>26136918
they should've called you a genwunner fairy instead, because you are gay
>>
>>26136895
Sorry, just getting back into fighting strategically after my mad attempt to catch em all when I realized they were pumping out gens. I'm not good with the new movesets and abilities.
>>
>>26136916
actually i'm just here for the inevitable fairy and grass associations because i'm a naturefag with an interest in /x/ related things.
>>
>>26136500
This desu

Pokemon like Pinsir, Stingulor and Galvantula are probably hindered more than helped by their bug typing since it's only two saving graces are U-turn are Sticky Web
>>
>>26136500
>>26136735
If you want bug to be neutral to fighting then let fighting hit back neutral, too. Last time i checked, i squished a bug by merely stepping on it.

>>26136851
>basing opinions on a gif
>completely different genres where the superhero/sentai genre can pull off campy effects
>>
>>26136500
Pokémon is stuck on crappy hardware. They can't balance the games through regular patches.

This shit wouldn't fly on other consoles/PC.
>>
>>26137007
Smash got balance patches, 3DS is not an excuse.
>>
Should I add leedleedlee whoop as sixth for lulz?
>>
>>26136770
Those are real 10/10 effects

>>26137060
I beat my friend's all flying team with a Bug monotype including Durant and that electric bug
>>
>>26136723
The one I threw together was Forretress, Volcarona, Scolipede, Galvantula, Scyther, Crustle. Could probably do with Scizor in there somewhere but muh type autism.
>>
>>26137085
fuck you nathan

you only won because you bitched so hard about talonflame that i took it out of my team
>>
>>26137158
How did you build your scolipede? I can't figure out how to use it without quick feet
>>
>>26136970
>Stingulor

Who?
>>
>>26137180
Just a straightforward glass cannon. I didn't really put much thought into the team.
If I get around to it I want to replace it with a bulky one so I can pass a Weakness Policy along with the speed boosts.
>>
>>26137231
Seems legit. I feel like I should have some motherfucker who resists fire though. Because of ×4 with forretress and scizor.
>>
>>26137270
Crustle is neutral to fire and has Shell Smash/Earthquake.
Armaldo could work too, it hits a little harder by default and brings a couple water and fighting moves if you want that.
They also both get memerocks.
>>
>>26137412
I completely forgot that armaldo was a bug type. Steven always confused me with it because I always associated him with steel types. Those are also great suggestions
>>
>>26136851
Kamen Rider's been a well established enough franchise that while they don't get huge budgets they've learned to make do pretty damn well with what they've got. Kabuto was one of their anniversary series and it had some surprisingly nice looking special effects as well, probably some of the better super speed aesthetics of any show that's tried it, though a tad bullet-timey.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.