[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's /v/'s Living Dex coming along? Pic not mine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: Living Dex.jpg (387 KB, 1124x2144) Image search: [Google]
Living Dex.jpg
387 KB, 1124x2144
How's /v/'s Living Dex coming along?

Pic not mine.
>>
>>26131771
Finished it pre-ORAS.
>>
>>26131771
Finished 1 month after japanese bank release
>>
>>26131771
Working on Sinnoh
Near the end of it with all the new evos
Trade evos are gonna be obnoxious
>>
>>26131771
My LivingDex is obviously going better than pic related. I actually catch all the alternate forms too.
>>
It's done except for Volacanion.

I'll get it when we have a US event.
>>
File: 5.png (54 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
5.png
54 KB, 300x300
Completed mine back with x/y. Got almost every form too, bar a couple vivillons.

I'm actually working on a Shiny Living Dex at the moment. Have 193 so far.

Not in any particular order and I have every shiny legit legendary bar Arceus, Ho-oh, the three birds, and Thundrous & Landorus.

Would give my left nut for an Arceus, as its the only one I can't get in game.

My first shiny ever was a Golbat in Emerald, which I still have and my favourite shiny is Sableye.
>>
>>26131771
I do preferred gender per species, my OT/IDs, and all Poké Balls except Legendary Pokémon which go in Premier Balls. Have everything, including most alternate forms, except Manaphy, Phione, and Volcanion because I'm waiting on the events. Working on my fourth Living Dex now.
>>
>>26132066
Thankfully Arceus is coming out as an event pokemon later this year.

As for me, I'm trying to complete my pokedex with everything having blue pentagons.
>>
>>26132117
Oh I've already got an arceus, it's never having a gold one that's driving me nuts.
>>
>>26132114
Whoa, no transfers? That's insane.
>>
>>26131771
I have all of them except for 8 of the Mythicals (Manaphy, Darkrai, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Hoopa, and Volcanion). Event legendaries can kiss my ass, especially when they're GameStop code distributions.
>>
Completed in xy transferred over to or

A lot came from the old give outs we used to have on here
>>
>>26132371
can i kiss your ass
>>
>>26132324
>no transfers
Kind of. See, I started the living Pokédex thing in X, getting everything under my X OT/ID that I could aside from the unavailable Pokémon.

Omega Ruby came out and has a certain number of Pokémon that are unobtainable as well. See: http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/unobtainable.shtml

Those unobtainable Pokémon are the only Pokémon I transfer over to the next set of games.
>>
>>26132066
So, you do count shiny events as good for your shiny dex right?
I never know if I can...
Also, good luck on your hard journey!
>>
Pretty neat, just mythical pokemons left and that list is slowly getting smaller as the year goes on. I think when 2016 ends Darkai, Arceus and something else will be the last ones I will need to get.
>>
>>26131852
Same here! My boxes go 1-721 (a gap, natch), followed by alternate forms in debut order and gender differences in debut order. Working on doing the same with shinies, though I freely admit I'm cheating there because while I'm a completionist, I draw the line at hatching 6,000 eggs for one Pokémon.
>>
>>26131771
>not having Hoopa and Volcanion
>not having every form
>not having every shiny

If someone is not going to make a full living dex then just inject it and put you pokédex as completed.
>>
>>26132910
Take it easy austism
>>
>>26131771
Mine i complete but I can't bother to take pics since is late here and I'm sleepy.
>>
>>26131771
What kind of workload is this? Asking out of curiosity as someone who played up to 4th gen, it seems like fucking years of work. Is it much easier now that you can trade via internet? What about these pokemon that were never really released?
>>
>>26133329
It actually goes by quickly if you're committed, but still takes a long time. You could fill around a box per day, but that still would take nearly a month for the whole thing to be completed.
>>
>>26132763
>So, you do count shiny events as good for your shiny dex right?

Only if it's the only possible way to get said shiny legit.

I would also count getting the genies shiny from an event, cause getting them shiny in oras is fucking cancerous aids. Took me a month just to get one of them.
>>
701 here. Missing a few X/Y mons that a friend is grabbing for me soon, and most of the legends they're releasing for the 20th anniversary this year, so I'll be done just as Sun/moon arrive.
>>
>>26133329
A few months if you do it on and off. Basically,

#1: Wondertrade a bunch to get started. Trade off any excess <4IV bredmons or duplicates.
#2: Set up your dexboxes, name them numerically.
#3: Put everything in the proper slot. Start breeding and hatching eggs to fill in the slots (3 bulbasaurs, etc)
#4: When you get tired of breeding, level them up to evolve them.
#5: When you get tired of leveling, go catch stuff you don't have.
#6: Repeat steps 3-5 until you've filled up the dex with everything you can in your current game.
#7: Special evolution methods
#8: Legends, hard to get shit, trades for whatever is left.

It's really not that bad. If you played for hours multiple days a week you could do it in a month.
>>
still need genesect, hoopa, keldeon, meleotta, volcanion to complete mine
>>
>>26132889
I just mash them the fuck inbetween, but keep the megas and stuff in the boxes after.
>>
>>26132889
>I freely admit I'm cheating there

You can still cheat them in? I thought it was pretty much impossible at this stage?
>>
I need a little less than 80 to complete the dex
>>
>>26133329
Asking for something on GTS, putting up a starter, and waiting like a day will get you nearly every Pokemon out there. Goes really well for trade evolutions or shit like that. Also, I'd recommend just focusing on a Gen first, and then working your way up, for organization and sanity's sake.

Hardest part was Vivillon forms, getting every Floette and its line in every color (fuck White Florges, that took forever to find), and the 20 Arceii/5 Genesect.
>>
>>26131771
I decided to take it up a notch so I decided to breed for every single final stage with perfect IVs and beneficial natures, all of them EV trained and with a competitive movesets as well, or as competitive as some of them can get
It fucking took ages and I felt like killing myself multiple times, and I don't even know if it was worth it since I'm never gonna use half of them, but what's done it's done, now I'll just have to worry about Sun & Moon's PokéDex
>>
>>26131771
Idk, go ask /v/
>>
I've got damn near everything, just lacking most of the event legendaries- Darkrai, Manaphy, Shaymin, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta.
I need a Fancy Vivillon, and I should get all the Florges variations when I have enough Shiny Stones.
>>
>>26133329
I worked on it off and on from October 2013 to July 2014. I wasn't in a rush, and didn't dedicate myself until the last month when I decided to finally get it done.

I'm OCD though, so all the Pokemon are gen 6 native(blue pentagon) where possible, meaning none from previous gens if I could get them in XY. I've updated those non-pentagon mons after ORAS came out, or when we got our first pentagon Mew in February. Why do this you may ask? It's for the gold crowns on your Pokedex, and that makes it truly feel like you did it 100%.

I also collected all unalterable alt forms. Eg., meaning I didn't bother with two Landorus since forms can be changed, but have all Punpkaboos, Unown, Vivillon, Sawsbuck, etc. I also did mons with gender differences in appearance, eg Unfezant, Pyroar, Meowstic.

Only thing I didn't do is all shinys, because even I'm not that autistic. I could easily hack that, but I don't care about a shiny dex enough to do so.

I dread the day the blue pentagon isn't relevant anymore, because I'd feel the need to do it all again. Hopefully I can just add on the Gen 7 mons and call it a day. Idk if I have the time in my life these days to do a living dex again.
>>
File: 1424926395127.jpg (20 KB, 404x557) Image search: [Google]
1424926395127.jpg
20 KB, 404x557
>>26132066
>shiny living dex

me 2. i'm at around 350 (almost half way!)
>>
>>26134222
Why not 9 bleeding holes?
>>
>>26134230
i'm a floating head with no penis or butt
>>
Finished my living dex with visible gender differences and all bankable formes, now working on the shiny equivalent
>>
>>26134272
got any spare shinies to trade? i've got quite a few duplicates

>luvdisc
>combee
>horsea
>durant
>poliwhirl
>rayquaza
>gyarados
>gothorita
>meganium

maybe a couple more i can't recall
>>
>>26133706
I'm cheating for Gen I-V Pokémon which I'm then trading forward. I have no option but to trade for VI and beyond, it seems. I guess that's fair enough!
>>
What do you guys use for catching? And what about Legendaries?

I'm currently using a Smeargle with False Swipe, Odor Sleuth, Yawn and Belly Drum. Although I dont think it can withstand repeated abuse from a legendary that keeps escaping the Poke ball and spamming high power moves. Im also worried about the PP running out and either of us using Struggle.
>>
>>26136645
I have two Gallades from gen 4

Mean Look (for roaming legends)
False Swipe
Hypnosis
>>
>>26136699
me again

>>26136645

Also if you're concerned about struggle, get a mon holding a leppa berry with fling and recycle
>>
>>26131771
I think I have about 30 to go, not counting event legendaries. Have not even begun to organize that shit.
>>
Story time:
>couple years ago
>spend hundreds of hours completing a legit living dex, store everything in Bank
>even had all the then-available events, Manaphy etc.
>Majora's Mask 3DS console gets announced
>huge N64 Zelda fan, decide to get one
>had no work lately and not much money
>decide to trade in current 3DS for store credit and do a system transfer
>speak to EB staff, they're cool with it
>hand me new 3DS
>go to start system transfer
>realize it has to be done over Wi-Fi
>set up phone hotspot
>start transfer, all goes smoothly for 5 minutes
>connection drops out
>lose all data
>can't recover Bank mons because Nintendo is fucking retarded and doesn't sync data to user accounts
>world is a fuck

and that, my friends, was the last time I picked up a Pokemon game. Seriously, fuck Nintendo for not making Bank-stored Pokemon available on any system. What the fuck is even the point of having a Nintendo Network ID if you can't re-download apps if you buy a new system or your current one gets lost or stolen? Absolute bullshit.
>>
I'm still on the QR code injection version.

I keep meaning to inject a full dex and finally update, but then they start releasing event shit that I'll miss out on (as in the perfect IVs). It's not fair bros.
>>
Never really cared for a living dex. I have completed the dex XY ORAS but I usually just keep the final stages since there is barely any space left in the pc otherwise.
>>
I just started mine a week ago so I'm still on Jhoto, working on it though
>>
>breed shitty dittos
>put up on GTS with "perfect IVs" asking for Kyogre
>Put Kyogre up asking for anything you want

How did you guys complete your dex?
>>
>>26140089
>breed dittos

Nigga what?
>>
>>26140179
when they daddy/mommy ditto loves the daddy/mommy ditto veeeery much...
>>
>>26136730
tears in the rain...
>>
>>26140204
...Except ditto can't breed with another ditto.
>>
File: 14654645648.jpg (42 KB, 450x385) Image search: [Google]
14654645648.jpg
42 KB, 450x385
>>26131771
>How's /vp/'s Living Dex coming along
I've been so disheartened by the series that I haven't even been picking up the event legends, and I'm really really really regretting it, so in other words my living dex is shit.
>>
>>26136730
>own XL with first NNID on it
>gets lost
>buy a new XL
>can't retrieve my old games because the NNID was "tied" to the old one
>have to go through loopholes by contacting customer servicing and asking them to "move your ID to the new system"
>none of this matters anyways because back-up save data can't be transferred in the process that way unlike local transfers that have both systems on hand
>downloading a ton of games you need to replay again

Hahaha, no. Fuck that shit.

I want to know what NX's stance on that bullshit is. I heard already about My Nintendo but they still haven't madenit clear if you can redownload any game or app on a family of Nintendo systems by just... I DUNNO, SIGNING IN TK YOUR NNID ON A NEW SYSTEM???

If the NX fails in this regard then I'm just going to ignore Nintendo for the rest of my pathetic virgin life.
>>
>>26140089
I transferred box loads of shiny Kyogre clones from my White 2. Got what I wanted within a minute or two. Worked every time.

Any shiny legend will get the job done.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.