[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Worldwide, the four Virtual Console titles – Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: 30l.jpg (272 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
30l.jpg
272 KB, 960x540
"Worldwide, the four Virtual Console titles – Pokémon Red, Green, Blue and Pikachu – have been downloaded more than 1.5 million times. More than half of these downloads came from the American market."

>B-but no one bought this right guys
>The price is too high for an old game as if age has anything to do with how enjoyable a game is
>REEEEE paying for things

GSC will come and you know it. This was a major success for them.
>>
I'm OK with this.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 250x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 250x211
$15,000,000 off re-releasing 20 year old games
>>
Who aside from Nintendo and Valve can get away with rereleasing dirt-old games?
>>
>>26131270
Sometimes sega?
>>
>>26131270
The ps4 is practically a PSX/PS2 emulator.

KH1 has probably been released like 5 times by now
>>
>>26131169
I don't care about the old games.
It's time to update.
>>
>>26131309
>The ps4 is practically a PSX/PS2 emulator.
It doesn't have PS1 games at all.

No PS2 remasters on it besides FFX/X-2.

The PS2 select whatever selection is slim.

You are thinking PS3.
>>
>>26131169
I bought Yellow, which I had never played before and I had a good time with it. Worth 10 bucks for me. I could have emulated it sure, but it was only ten bucks and it's nice to have on the 3ds and not a phone or something.
>>
>>26131169
Whoever complains about the price on the virtual console has a little bit of a ridiculous mindset. If I try to shop for them anywhere else it's usually twice as expensive, or even eight times if you're trying to get an original copy of something on the SNES.
>>
File: So this is dandy power.gif (3 MB, 328x190) Image search: [Google]
So this is dandy power.gif
3 MB, 328x190
So this is the power of nostalgia. Not really surprising since the other two Pokemon games on 3DS were fuelled by nostalgia as well and sold a lot.
It's still fucking stupid how people throw so much cash on Pokemon games.
>>
Can they stop doing remakes to focus on actually making good games now?
>>
File: 1452957682757.png (539 KB, 2551x2576) Image search: [Google]
1452957682757.png
539 KB, 2551x2576
And they just lost 10 million sales at 40 bucks a pop.

:^)
>>
>>26131466
They try and pull the digital argument saying it should be cheap because it's digital. Then they turn around and buy digital games on steam, psn, or the eshop without a second thought.
>>
>>26131309
KH1 has been re-released twice, if you count Final Mix.
>>
>>26131466
>>26131505
It should be cheap because it's horribly outdated and the digital argument is a fair one. No shipping costs have to be paid, no production costs. It's a <1mb file they have to distribute. That costs less than a cent.
>>
>>26131525
Man, KH remakes are such good bang for buck. Then I look at the copy of Windwaker HD in the shelf.

I mean I'm not the biggest KH fan or anything, but complaining about KH remakes is unfair.
>>
>>26131526
And yet digital full games on PSN and eshop are often more expensive than physical copies in the store. If across the board digital games were cheaper than their physical counterparts you might have a point, but that's not the case.

And the price? It's what, $2 more than a normal GB VC game? They did it because they knew they could easily sell it at that price.
>>
>>26131500
These aren't remakes, you dingus
>>
>>26131572
But that's a false equivalent. I'm simply stating why both of those arguments made are valid complaints. Digital distribution SHOULD be cheaper. And I'm sure it was in this case. I'm not going to argue your strawman. Just stop pretending they don't have a point when they claim that. It's pathetic. They're not even there to defend their standpoint. You're just ridiculing them for no good reason.
>>
Having GSC on 3DS would be kinda nice since the cartridge batteries were designed to die mad fast anyway.

My Gold is pretty much unplayable now.
>>
>>26131648
The remakes exist for a reason, hell they're even better.

But I won't argue with people that play outdated games for no good reason, they're insane. Nothing can be gained from arguing with them
>>
>>26131602
I didn't say they were you faggot.
>>
>>26131169
>people bought shit and outdated games
What else is new?
>>
File: kekfairy.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
kekfairy.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
>GSC on Virtual Console
>implying they'd actually fix the 3DS's GB emulator to alleviate the issues with the real-time clock and data corruption upon switching PC boxes
>>
>>26131195
Power of modern consumptionism.
>>
>>26131716
They're not just that, they're also censored.
Not just that, they also played them.
Not just that, they played them on a system without speed toggle.
It baffles me. But I suppose you can get people to buy anything these days as long as you advertise it enough.
>>
>>26131525
They'll be even better bang for buck if the collections are combined and released on PS4.
>>
Stadium VC release when?
>>
>>26131270
Sega, Sony, pretty much everyone.
>>
>>26131664
>better
I've played my silver and crystal copies through about yearly since I got them. I've replaced the battery in silver twice. Yeah HG/SS was really fucking good but it doesn't give me the same feeling.
>>
>>26131754
>>26131716
The game is fun, idiots
>>
>>26131782
Did you try using the GB Sound in HGSS? You get the old music back
>>
>>26131782
>it doesn't give me the same feeling therefore they're worse
?

>>26131784
>outdated archaic slow and poor level-scaling
>it's 'fun'
So is doing X. But you're not a degenerate are you?
>>
>>26131754
Aside from Jynx's godawful recoloring in Yellow, what exactly was censored? There's still Gamblers, the Game Corner, and the wonderful "dropped my balls" line.
>>
>>26131796
Music isn't the only thing, also GB Sounds just changes the soundfont used for the HGSS tracks so anything rearranged for HGSS will sound different than it did in GSC.
>>
I bought Yellow and I'll be buying G/S when they come

>>26131195

learn to write numbers
>>
>>26131807
>outdated-archaic
New isn't inherently good

>slow
Huh?

>level-scaling
Autism speaks
>>
>>26131796
It's not just the music. It's sthe sprites, the phys/spec split. The speed of the game. The colorfulness.

>>26131807
I'm not saying theyre worse, just a different experience.
>>
>>26131807
not overleveling the shit out of your pokemon doesn't equate to poor level scaling.
>>
>>26131169
>GSC will come and you know it. This was a major success for them.

I'd rather get FRLG, but thats probably not gonna happen, so GSC it is.

Actually, I dont understand why every Pokemon game up until gen 5 isnt on eShop right now..
>>
>>26131819
?

>>26131849
>new isn't inherently good
But both outdated and archaic are inherently bad

>huh
Exactly what I said. Are you blind, deaf or retarded?

>autism
Not an argument.

This constitutes of your counter-argument? Why even bother replying? The fuck is wrong with you..

>>26131850
>I'm not saying they're worse
Then why aren't you playing them instead?

>>26131854
Nice strawman that's irrelevant to the objective level-scaling issues.
>>
>>26131915
>outdated and archaic are inherently bad
nope

>slow
it isn't slow

>bad level-scaling
that's for GSC, not for RBY
>>
Reminder that a good chunk of the sells for this was because you can put your 'mons in Pokemon Bank. If it hadn't been for this new feature it probably wouldn't have sold as much.
>>
These games are inferior in every way to FR/LG, even genwunners have to admit, its just the same game with upgraded everything.
>>
>>26131915
Level scaling isn't objective

What is good?

Ending up weaker and having to grind?
Ending up roughly the same?
Ending up stronger?

Also
>are we assuming you fight every single trainer like an autistic retard instead of avoiding the ones that can be easily avoided?
>are we assuming you fight every single wild encounter like an autistic retard instead of fleeing / using repel?
>are we assuming you implicitly grind because you fight 25 wild encounters in your search for certain rare Pokemon?

There's nothing objective about it
>>
>>26131901
You have to draw it out for as much money as possible, Nintendo made less money that just PSN (Not Playstation, just PSN) and so they need cash. If you release every gen at once you'll cannibalize your purchases, release one at a time with a decent space in between and people are more likely to buy every game.
>>
>>26131936
Can you do the Mew glitch?
>>
>>26131915
Post I replied to said the re-releases are censored; I asked in what way.
>>
>>26131169
>yfw they allow gsc mons to pass to S&M too
>>
>>26131960
You can do every glitch that was present in the originals. They're literally just the same ROMs with a bit of tweaking for stuff like the Pikachu surfing minigame and the Cable Club.

But if you're asking because you want to put a Mew glitch Mew into PokeBank, it probably won't happen. It's likely they'll only let the Japan event Mews through since they have a set OT/ID and they can just block everything else.
>>
>>26131915
>Then why aren't you playing them instead?
Because GS are more fun to me even if they're technically inferior.

>>26131937
>FRLG
>Better
>The games with the shittiest levelup sets of any gen and having most pokemon require trading to get
>the games where Deoxys wouldn't fucking listen to you unless you got it from an event and I lived 5 hours away from one
FUCK IT WASN'T FAIR REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26131982
I played it on an emulator, so I could just trade with myself for that. As for the level up sets, they're a lot better than Gen 1.
>>
>>26131923
>nope
By definition, they are. This is not an argument.

>it isn't slow
Yes it is. You didn't even understand me at first, so how come you pretend to understand now?

>that's for GSC, not for RBY
What did he mean by this?

>>26131947
>Level scaling isn't objective
?

>>26131961
And did you prove they weren't?

>>26131982
>more fun
This is not true. You're just trying to regain something you never will regain through a video game. That's pretty pathetic.
>>
>>26131936

Not to mention that used physical copies sell for more than the eShop price due to nostalgia.
>>
>>26132033
Something updated isn't better by definition if the update is bad

I don't understand what you mean by slow because it isn't slow.

Level scaling isn't objective.
>>
>>26132059
Except the "updates" are superior in every fucking way. And yes they are almost D/P tier slow
>>
>>26132099
You have to contrast the good and the bad updates

On the one hand, they do this thing and that to improve it

On the other, the new sprites make Pokemon look like a My Little Pony game, while the old sprites made it look like you are actually in a rough environment
>>
>>26132033
>This is not true. You're just trying to regain something you never will regain through a video game. That's pretty pathetic.
Fucking hell anon I bet you're fun at parties
>>
>>26132124
>the new sprites make Pokemon look like a My Little Pony game
No. I'm done. Fuck this. That has to be one of the most retarded things I've ever read. I'm out.
>>
>>26132099
>DP is particularly slow

Dank meme, anon. It's no worse than any game prior or the other Gen IV games.
>>
>>26132181
No, it's pretty awful. It really shows how poorly optimized it was when they ripped it from the GBA to the NDS at the last minute.
>>
>>26132158
Sprites from gen III onward became cute critters compared to the actual monsters they were supposed to be in the first two gens. Sorry to burst your bubble kid, but pokemon stands for pocket monsters, not pocket pets/waifus.
>>
>>26132181
It's way worse shinohfetus, you'd know if you hadn't started with DP.
>>
File: 145762110549.png (229 KB, 1200x807) Image search: [Google]
145762110549.png
229 KB, 1200x807
>>26131169
>GSC will come and you know it. This was a major success for them.
>GSC will come and you know it.
Yes please. I didn't give a fuck about RBGY because my catridges still work, but I would kill for GSC on my 3DS. I would actually buy them all since I have all three the catridges.
With dead batteries now.
All is lost.
Kanto + Johto was awesome.
Ecruteak was my favourite town, so comfy.
My favourite games when I was young.
Every fucking day I was playing GSC.
Until the batteries died.
Pointless to say, all those memories will live forever.

Even if I play the virtual console ones, the old data will never come back.
It is killing me. I'm simply hoping that playing them on the 3ds won't feel as empty as playing them on emulator.
I know it won't change anything. I only want my pokémon back.
>>
File: 1310668629391.png (80 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1310668629391.png
80 KB, 247x248
>>26132124
>while the old sprites made it look like you are actually in a rough environment
Ok.
>>
>>26132796
umm, buy new batteries
>>
>>26132687
I started with Crystal. I'm playing DP again right now for the first time since their release to see just how bad they were without the lens of adolescence blinding me to their flaws, and they really aren't any bad at all. In fact there's some things I like more than Platinum, like the lead up to getting your starter, or the aesthetic of a few areas though most such changes were for the better in Platinum, or less cutscenes bogging down the game and ironically making the pacing smoother in some parts than Platinum. Even "saving a lot of data" which people like to bring up as being some horrendous minute long wait is over with in a few seconds. Though Platinum is still obviously the superior game, DP isn't really bad at all, and I don't get any of the complaints about them being too slow. The worst thing of the sort is when in fourth gear on the bike, there are framerate drops as if the game is struggling to keep up, and the EXP bar feels like it takes a bit too long to fill up at times, but otherwise it's plenty fine. I felt Emerald was actually slower in a recent replay with how long it could take the HP bar to crawl down sometimes.
>>
>>26131784
I'm trying to play through Yellow (on my old cartridge) and it's honestly not that fun. The first gen games have a lot of problems, it's kind of a slog to get through.
>>
>>26132124
>On the other, the new sprites make Pokemon look like a My Little Pony game, while the old sprites made it look like you are actually in a rough environment
Man, what is it about pokemon that makes people say the most retarded things? Like seriously, even /v/ is consistently more stupid while discussing pokemon and /v/ is already pretty damn idiotic.
>>
>>26133000
Already done. They die again.
>>
>>26133009
Oh, and I haven't gotten Surf yet, so maybe those dreaded Surf speeds I've heard of really are that bad.
>>
>>26131169
most of people who bought this are either fellow nintendrones or they're hoping to get Glitch Mew into the Pokebank once Gen 7 comes out
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.