[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starter Pattern theme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: PokemonStarters.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
PokemonStarters.png
1 MB, 1366x768
I need some help. a while ago I realized that there is indeed a starter pattern, but not a pattern of each type rather a pattern of each gen.

I´ve found:
Gen 4 based on myth/legend, fairy tale and history:
Empoleon represents history -> Napoleon
Infernape represents fairy tale -> Son Goku chinese fairy tail I think?
Torterra represents myth/legend -> The Island on the back of a turtle

Gen 5 theme is Figthers from other cultures
Serperior represents western and knights
Embroar represents eastern/asia and kungfu fighters
Samurott represents japan and Samurai

Gen6 theme is RPG classes
Chesnaught -> Warrior/tank
Delphox -> Magician
Greninja -> Thief/Assasin

So is there a smiliar theme pattern for the gen 1-3 ? would be really cool to be honest.
>>
Do you know what a pattern is? None of those are patterns, they are themes.
>>
I know seeking patterns everywhere is a symptom if autism, but /vp/ takes it to ridiculous levels.
It's possible to fit absolutely anything into a pattern, you dumbass. Doesn't prove anything.

I'll grant you that Kalos ones kinda make sense, but they're the only ones.
>>
>>26130297
It's not even that.
>>
Gen 7 will be Religions
Grass starter: catholic
Fire starter: muslim
Water starter: jewish
>>
Serperior being a knight is a stretch but GF did openly talk about Emboar and Serperior being designed to look Chinese and French respectively so the nationalities thing has some official wait. The RPG classes one is undeniable.

But the gen 4 one is such a stupid stretch. Let me make it clear. If I say:
>mage, fighter, thief
It sounds like I'm talking about a well-established trifecta of RPG classes. But if I say
>Sun Wukong, Napoleon, The World Turtle
I sound like a schizophrenic homeless guy.

I mean Napoleon has less in common with a fucking World Turtle than a turtle and a penguin, you might as well say the "pattern" is "being based on animals" at that point.
>>
>>26130269
you might have autism
>>
>>26131704
The official slogan of /vp/.
>>
>>26130428
>Fire will be muslim, with its movepool including Explosion and Self-Destruct
>Water will be Jewish, with its movepool including Pay Day
>Grass will be Catholic, with its movepool including Swords Dance and Infestation
>>
>>26130509
well to be honest about gen 4 I thought about History and Legends.
Well I just read a little more about his design, and thought about something else. What if it is not Napoleon, but Poseidon. Because of the trident. Then it would be gods and myths. Must admit I don´t know much about world turtle and Sun Wukong myths. Oh btw. Op here
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.