[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people think Fairy is the Magic type when literally the 6th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: fairies.png (370 KB, 1142x1032) Image search: [Google]
fairies.png
370 KB, 1142x1032
>people think Fairy is the Magic type when literally the 6th mon in the Kalos Dex is a Psychic-type wizard with Magician
>people think Fairy is the "spooky fae" type when Mismagius is a spooky fae that didn't become Fairy-type
>people STILL think Fairy will be anything but the cutesy type outside of Xerneas who was meant to ruse you into thinking it won't be the Cute type
>>
I prefer fairies to be cute things. Enough with shitty generic dragons.
>>
>>26129873
Not an argument. You are dumb
>>
I really hope it stays the cutesy type. Hyper-masculine fags already have Fighting and Steel. Why can't cutesy people have a type?
>>
Design means nothing to the typing. You have pokémon like florges who screams grass type but it isn't.
>>
mawile
>>
>you don't have to be fae to do magic
>mismagius is mix of a ghost and a witch, not a fae
>why can't it be both?
>>
File: 1461794579789.png (182 KB, 209x322) Image search: [Google]
1461794579789.png
182 KB, 209x322
>>26129878
Why would I argument anything if OP didn't bring a single topic to debate?
>>
>>26129873
>>26129893
I have no problem with it being cutesy blobs and such. Just making sure people finally leave behind the 2013 mindset that there will be creepy/ugly fairies.
>>
>>26129893
because at least fighting and steel have a well defined theme. fairy is just "uhhh is it cute? ok make it fairy but don't make all those other cute pokemon fairy for some reason"
>>
Can't it be both?

Like odd are the vast majority will be cute/elegant pokemon, but there's nothing stopping them from making "cute" fairies based on those spooky faes.
>>
>>26129894
>Design means nothing to the typing.
What a retarded thing to say just because of a handful of exceptions. Most things with misleading types are dual-types so they can't fit anymore types and just pick the 2 they think best. They often still reference the "missing" type(s) with movepool, ability, egg group, etc. (e.g. Gligar is in the Bug egg group and gets Immunity, Flygon is in the Bug egg group and gets Levitate).
>>
>>26129906
Snubbull is the ugly fairy
>>
I'd be fine with Fairy being just the Cutesy type. I'd be fine with Fairy being just the Magic type. But hell am I fine with it being an undefined mix of the two. Fuck no. Every single type has some sort of trait that is shared among all Pokémon of that type. Everyone except Fairy, and it pisses me off. Fairy has absolutely NO defining characteristics whatsoever. Why is Xerneas Fairy type? Because it's magical and represents life? But then why is Dedenne Fairy type? Because it's cute? Then how come Granbull is Fairy type? Because it's pink? Not to mention fucking Marill, Mawile, Cottonee and Mr. Mime. This shit is literally the worst GameFreak has ever come up with. Is the type good? Yes. Are the Pokémon good? Yes. But hell if the Pokémon distribution is, they haven't spent any fucking time thinking that shit through at all. The Pokémon don't even have to LOOK like Fairy types to be a Fairy type. Nor have any Fairy type moves in their learnset. Nor a Fairy type relevant origin. Or fucking anything at all. I would be okay with Fairy being the Magic type, or the Pink type, or the Cute type, or hell even the fucking Candy/Smell-Good type. But this undefined abomination is fucking cancer. Dedenne and Mr. Mime gets to be fucking Fairy type, yet neither Celebi, the Lake Guardians or any of the other LITERAL fairies get to be Fairy type. I fucking hope to Arceus GameFreak never adds a new typing ever again, 'cause they clearly cannot get a fucking hold of what to even make the Fairy type out to be.
>>
>>26129866
>people think Fairy is the Magic type when literally the 6th mon in the Kalos Dex is a Psychic-type wizard with Magician
>he says while posting a fairy type pokemon whose name starts with either MAGI or MAGE

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>26130482
It's machine + gear.
>>
>>26130464
not to mention cresselia ffs
>>
>>26130464
Whoa, chill out autist. Its just a bunch of drawings, considering most of the fairies are retcons, I'd be surprised if there was a solid consistency in the designs. Sun an Moon's designs will hopefully solidifies what a "fairy type" design will be going forward, since we just have a general "feminine" design with most of them.

Also
>hope to arceus
When will this dumb meme end?
>>
File: 1458938938059.gif (490 KB, 382x498) Image search: [Google]
1458938938059.gif
490 KB, 382x498
>>26130499

>Powered by a soulheart
>Capable of spawning flowers
>Creator is named after a French occultist, specifically the guy who wrote the book that Baphomet image everyone has seen comes from
>Magearna's entire movie is littered with alchemy and occult references
>>
>>26129906
We have Mr. Mime and Mawile. They're creepy enough. Fairy is the cutesy pink type, nobody is arguing against that, but we still do have fey based on trickery, mischief, and ruses here.

>Mr. Mine cons people
>Mawile is a sneaky predator with a fake mouth
>Whimsicott likes going into people houses and fucking around
>Klefki steals keys
Granted, yeah, it's not much, but between these examples and the dialogue of the fairy tale girls in XY, we know Gamefreak has decided to incorporate some of that stuff into the type.
>>
>>26130464
I was surprised when the lake trio weren't made into fairies. I thought everything made fairy type was in the fairy egg group but at least one Pokemon (Gardevoir) messes that up too.
>>
>>26130464
Azumarill is a Fairy because Japan associates cartoony/blob rabbits with the moon (so not "realistic" rabbits like Lopunny).
>>
>>26130625
>Muh moon rabbit meme
>>
Fairy is the moon type.
>>
>>26130625
no it's fairy because it's cute and they felt like making it a fairy type. marill isn't a rabbit. neither is azurill.

what bullshit excuse do people make up for dedenne?
>>
>>26130464
>retyping legendaries
Nice meme, desu
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.