[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How autistic would I be to buy a sealed DS Lite for $150 to open
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: DS-Lite01.jpg (113 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
DS-Lite01.jpg
113 KB, 800x533
How autistic would I be to buy a sealed DS Lite for $150 to open it and use it?

Keep in mind I have about $200 after all my bills and food expenses to dick around with, not THAT much.

Mostly want it to fully take advantage of Pokemon game 3 and 4 games.
>>
>>26123219
Pokemon Game 3 is my favourite as well.
>>
>>26123230
I like Pokemon game 4 games better.
>>
>>26123219
Just buy a 3DS they're like £60 preowned
>>
>>26123219
Why a sealed one? Just buy one used off eBay.
>>
>>26123230
gen 3 and 4.

Like how the GBA slot can affect encounters and transfer GBA games to DS games to pokebank.
>>
>>26123241
>>26123246
I'm worried of a button wearing out in a couple years or something.

With sealed I know I'll have one in tip top shape.

I'm also an autist who rages over the tiniest of microscratches, all my shit is in mint like new condition.

Almost nothing used is perfect enough for me.
>>
>>26123219
OP. You can buy a DS for cheap these days.
>Just don't buy at Game Stop
>>
They're $10 used at gamestop.
>>
>>26123263
>>26123270
>Used
>has had semen sugar syrup cheeto fingers on it
>Scratches, even if only microsctaches
>Worn down buttons
>LCD hinge is worn, could break in foreseeable future
>>
Why? 3DS can play DS games
>>
>>26123305
I can't use 3DS to transfer mons from Gen 3 to pokebank.

No GBA slot for special encounters in gen 4.

I have a hacked 3DS I coudl JUST INJECT IT or use pkhex/etc but nah.
>>
I really see no reason to not buy a used DS for 50. If it lasts a couple years, so will the new one.
>>
>>26123336
In a couple years sealed ones will be even rarer and more expensive.

And most unsealed ones will be in even shittier shape.
>>
http://www.gamestop.com/ds/consoles/nintendo-ds-lite-system-blue-black-recharged-refurbished/107187

OP just get one of these I got one on slickdeals for like $25 they are more now but its condition is pretty much brand new
>>
File: 35914932_p0.jpg (291 KB, 1100x879) Image search: [Google]
35914932_p0.jpg
291 KB, 1100x879
>>26123219
Save money and buy game 5 instead, OP
>>
>>26123241
He wants the GBA slot.
>>
>>26124471
Or he could accept that Gen 3 games are more than 10 years old and either suck it up and buy a used DS or just move on.
>>
>>26124471
If he has disposable income that's fine and dandy, but you can emulate GBA games onyour phone nowadays, so you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who will support his decision to waste 150 dollars on something so redundant.

Unless he really, really wants to transfer a Softboiled Clefable up to gen 6 or something he shouldn't bother
>>
File: platinum.png (118 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
platinum.png
118 KB, 250x224
>>26123219
If you go for pokémon game 4 make sure to buy the GOTY edition.
>>
>>26124551
>Unless he really, really wants to transfer a Softboiled Clefable up to gen 6 or something he shouldn't bother
That's prolly it. I mean, why else would you get an old DS nowadays for Pokemon?
But you don't need a new one for that. That's retarded.
>>
>>26124610
that seems unlikely
i would get over my anti-injection faggotry if i was going to save 150 dollars

just inject it desu
>>
File: fu.jpg (117 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
fu.jpg
117 KB, 800x800
>>26123219
You'd be more autistic if you just kept it in the box and resold it years later.
I would do this too, but used for $20 is great since if it breaks it isn't too expensive to buy another one. You could buy your whole family DS Lites.
pic related for keks
>>
>>26123261
Honestly OP, DSLites are pretty well made, while I can understand wanting one fresh, it's not like your chances of getting a horribly broken one are particularly high.

Everything past the DSLite started dropping in quality drastically though, so keep that in mind.

I can't say I would or wouldnt because I've had a DSLite all these years, but it seems a bit excessive to go for a mint one.
You can find plenty of good condition ones off amazon, and if something's wrong with it amazon will refund you most of the time.

While we're on the subject, I'd just like to say that the DS is honestly the pinnacle of handheld gaming.
PSP comes second because it was only made great by hacking it
>>
Buy a used 3DS, Nintendo handhelds aren't known for unreliable buttons, and then buy a flashcart (R4i Gold) it runs nearly every game flawlessly including pokemon, and i believe there is a way to run GBA, but im not sure.
saves thousands if not millions of dollars

http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/23-wood-r4i-gold-3ds.html
>>
I support you anon.
>>
>>26125178
>Nintendo handhelds aren't known for unreliable buttons
The DSphat was notable for faulty shoulder buttons. Lite had the terrible hinge problems too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuGP5FSSq5I
>>
>>26123292
Buy a 3DS. A9LH it and buy a DS flashcart and you're good to go.
>>
>>26126196
Woops didn't mean to reply to anyone.
>>
>>26123219
Save $50 and invest the other $150 in stocks. Why would you think so small term and buy a something like this?
>>
>>26123236
honestly, I was hoping that they would expand on mewtwo's story from pokemon 3 but it was more like it's own thing.
>>
File: 847878974.gif (2 MB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
847878974.gif
2 MB, 500x450
>>26123246
OP, This.

Don't be poor AND stupid.

By the time it "wears out" and it's time to replace, you should have your life together and making more money.

If years pass and you still haven't gotten your shit straight, you may as well off yourself then.

#lifetips
>>
>>26123219

just save up for new 3ds, nds games should still works
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.