[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fire/Rock is a fantastic offensive typing >the only Pokémon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>Fire/Rock is a fantastic offensive typing
>the only Pokémon who has it is a shitmon with 20 Base Speed
>>
Cubble will evolve into Fire/Rock, don't worry.
>>
Fire/Steel on the other hand, is a fantastic defensive typing, and EVOLVE MAGCARGO, GAME FREAK
>>
>>26120959
God bless owlposters
>>
>>26120973
>Found super late game in its debut generation
>Evolves at level 38
>Stats of a middle evolution
>Has okay abilities
>Access to Shell Smash if offensive, Recover if defensive
>50/10 design

why does Magcargo get such a love/hate relationship from GF ?
>>
>>26120950
>>26120959

>wanting a Pokemon that's 4x weak to water AND ground.

pls no.
>>
>>26120988
I was about to be like "what are you talking about, you can find slugma after the third gym" and then I remembered it wasn't a a Gen III Pokemon.
>>
>>26120996
>wanting
but we already have it...

also
>le x4 weak meme xD
>>
>>26121016
>>le x4 weak meme xD
It's not a meme if a Pokemon has TWO 4x weaknesses.

It would need amazing stats to make up for it, and starters usually just have "pretty good" stats.
>>
>>26121025
stats alone don't always make a good pokemon, what matters the most is HOW those stats are spread within the pokemon, take Aurorus for axample, if it was build offensively similarly to Tyrantrus (121 offense 71 speed) it would be a monster despite the multiple weaknesses
another example would be Crawdaunt, only good stat is attack, which is complemented with good offensive typing+ great ability
>>
>>26121025
Yeah, Fire/Rock is a terrible defensive typing, but that's why OP said it is a good OFFENSIVE typing
>>
>>26120950
>switch into a physical hit it can take
>Weak Armor activates, gives it +1 speed
>Shell Smash as opponent switches to get +3 speed with 435 speed with max investment and +2 Sp. Atk.
>Magcargo sweep
I want to see this feat pulled off.
>>
>>26121181
Sounds fun, but in the end there just isn't really a reason to run Shell Smash Magcargo when you could be running Shell Smash Cloyster.
>>
>>26120988
My love for it is purely based on its design.
>>
>>26120996
4x weaknesses are literally only bad on defensive pokemon.

On offensive pokemon, they don't make a difference.
>>
>>26120950

>every rock/steel type has 200+ base defense
>4x weak to fighting and shitty special defense
>>
>>26121461
>80/80/20 offenses
Wow, Magcargo sure looks like a super good sweeper.
>>
>>26121461
wew lad macargo is such a good offensive pokemon

Tell me three good offensive pokemon with x4 weaknesses and none of them are allowed to be talonflame
>>
>>26122116
Gyarados
Garchomp
Hydreigon.
easy
>>
>>26122129
There's three pokemon better than your precious trash in every way.
Thank me later
>>
It's usable in single player. Most rom hacks beef up this guy too much so he's not fun anymore.
>>
>>26122155
Round 2!
Hoopa Unbound
Rayquaza
Heatran
>>
>>26122129
>Gyarados
>Garchomp
>good
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-30+at+11.20.22).jpg (35 KB, 287x286) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-30+at+11.20.22).jpg
35 KB, 287x286
>>26122184
>>
>>26122155
The fact that Magcargo is a terrible Pokemon doesn't mean that a Fire/Rock type CAN'T be good.

>>26122187
>implying they aren't
>>
>>26120950
>implying it matters
4x weak to water, one aqua jet and an offensive-oriented fire/rock type would still be toast no matter its speed.
>>
>>26122217

How can it possibly be good?
Explain it to me, I'm pretty sure there's plenty pokemon that can learn stealth rocks and will o wisp
>>
>>26122386
A good evo, followed by a good mega. Buff its hp and SpA mostly with some speed, and then have the mega add some more speed to give it a decent shell smash speed tier, and patch up its defenses a bit, add the last remaining points to its SpA, and give it a decent offensive ability or something
>>
>>26121244
>have favorite pokemon
>figure out decent strategy
>"x does it better"
>cry
>>
>>26122413
Does its type change when it goes mega?
I think this is the only way it'll be viable in at least the story mode
>>
Man this thread has got me thinking.

Is there any chance that Gamefreak will step up and completely revamp the BST for some Pokemon in Sun and Moon? I know they gave a few Pokemon (useless) 10 point buffs in X/Y, but Macargo might be good with an extra 100 points spread around.
>>
>>26122480
Nah. Just make it a late game cleaner competitively, or make it go full glass cannon like beedrill, and give it a fire type u-turn or something
also give it power gem since I don't think it gets that
>>
>>26122765
>>26122480
Oh, and also, for story mode, it's pretty damn viable. I even managed to get silver medals with him in the Emerald battle frontier, and the rest of the team wasn't any good either, since I had Grumpig, Altaria, Mightyena, Whiscash and I don't remember the last one, might've been Glalie but I don't think that's it
>>
>>26121181
you could do this if you have a trick room wall to switch in and out of in conjunction to this
eggs maybe?
>>
>>26120959
john gamefreak here, its a fire/fighting mon
>>
>water is one of the best types in the game
>aqua jet
>earthquake is common as fuck
>x4 weak to both
>it can still be good! You just have to believe!
>>
>>26120950
>complaining about a snail having low speed
>>
>>26124333
He's complaining that there's no good pokemon with fire/rock. Reading comprehension, anon.
>>
>>26122076
Learn to read faggot
>>
>>26120950
Now imagine how I feel knowing that that same shitmon is one of my top bros.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.