[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nicknames
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 29335881.jpg (352 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
29335881.jpg
352 KB, 640x480
So how do you name your pokémans? Are you thematic? Try and be clever as possible with subtle referential names or just go "I think he looks like a Spoons to me" and hit A?
>>
>>26118570
I always name my Arcanines 'Fukani'.
>>
I always nickname my Pokémon with the name of another Pokémon species. My Mewtwo, for example, is called Boldore.
>>
>>26118663
Why would you do this after Gentoo?
>>
>>26118570

Here are some of my favorite nicknames I've given to Pokemon over the years

>Pepperoni the Piplup
>Magnificent the Geodude
>Volvic the Heatran
>Hopkins the Sableye
>Grover the Bulbasaur

rate my names
>>
File: Richard.jpg (4 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
Richard.jpg
4 MB, 3840x2160
I got pissed off chasing down Moltres in Y so when I finally caught it I named it Richard because it was such a dick to catch.
>>
>Behemoth
>Water type Kraken\Poseidon
>Grass type Weed reference
>Electric type Zeus
>>
I usually just pick the first name that comes to mind that I think sounds cool. For example, doing a Nuzlocke of Blue and my team nicknames are as follows:

Delta the Blastoise
Oracle the Alakazam
Spectre the Haunter
Sheherazad the Ninetales
Fractal the Aerodactyl
Diabeetus the Snorlax
>>
>>26118708

Pepperoni: Why/10
Magnificent: Meh/10
Volvic: Like it 9/10
Hopkins: Weird choice/10
Grover: Adorable/10

>>26118796
Ha ha nice.
>>
File: wow deku.jpg (316 KB, 850x1275) Image search: [Google]
wow deku.jpg
316 KB, 850x1275
I'm thematic 90% of the time. Mythological monster or heroes, movie/series/anime characters, anything goes.

For example, I named my last team after the Stardust Crusaders JoJo characters :
>Garchomp = Jotaro (main, badass pokemon)
>Venusaur = Joseph (grass type, vine whip thingy)
>Talonflame = Avdol (fire bird)
>Aegislash = Polnareff (sword)
>Rotom-Wash = Kakyoin (oddball and versatile, water tank)
>Azumarill = Iggy (mascot)
>>
>>26118570
Porygon-z: Windows 7SP2
Porygon2: Windows 7SP1
Reuniclus: GTX970
>>
>>26118570
I don't nickname my Pokemon because I'm not 9 anymore.
>>
I don't normally nickname but when something dumb comes to me, I might nickname something like my Venusaur is called "Cabbage" and my Porygon2 is called "duck.exe"
>>
>>26118870
>you don't want your pokemon to feel like they really are yours alone
I guess you didn't dress up your character in XY either.
>>
I usually nickname my bro's after cars they remind me of, because I'm a massive petrol-head.
Either that or usually characters from TV shows I'm watching at the time.
>>
name randomizer
>>
>>26118570
I just choose a nickname that fits.
though, i usually name pokemon after my favorite food-dishes.
>>
>>26118886
Adding on to that, on my last BW run I had a theme going of geographic locations they shared traits with, for example Everest the Vanilluxe (for obvious reasons) and Uluru the Crustle (because he's a huge rock)
>>
>>26118570
I got an Aegislash named Narpas and a Lucario named HngKngPhooey, other than that my nicknames are as bland as Yukiko Amagi
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.