[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Things you hate about Pokemon. >Timegated DLC. >Gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: zygardeevent.jpg (16 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
zygardeevent.jpg
16 KB, 400x240
ITT: Things you hate about Pokemon.

>Timegated DLC.
>Gen VI EXP scaling (not the EXP share)
>HM's needed for main story progression
>>
Gamefreak are fucking awful programmers but the games are so popular they have no reason to improve
>>
No multiple saves. I mean c'mon there's games back on the NES that had save slots!
>>
>>26118624
I think this cannot be fixed because if you haven't noticed each game can be connected to others for trading, and if there are many save slots then that would be a problem.

Let me give you many examples.
-Pokéwalker: can connect to only one game if there's a Pokémon there. If there are more than one save slot maybe there would be a problem at the time to select a save.

-Pokémon Dream Radar: B2/W2 have a function called "Nintendo 3DS Link" that makes that B2/W2 receive all the Pokémon and items obtained on Dream Radar. Like the Pokéwalker it will be a problem at the time to select a save slot.

-Pokémon Dream World: See Pokéwalker.

-Pal Park/Poké Transfer/Poké Transporter/Pokémon Bank: See Pokéwalker
>>
>>26118786
3 out of 4 of your examples are outdated stuff that no longer matters and bank could definitely be altered to support multiple savestates - you can already select the game you want to bank and exported savestates don't even weight half a megabyte
this can be fixed, there is no technicality standing in the way, it's very much possible that the games only have one save slot for business reasons. want another save? buy a new game
>>
>>26118390
The Exp. formula in gen VI is fine. It's nearly identical to the one from gen I-IV, with barely unoticable changes like international trade mons getting a 1.7 bonus instead of the usual 1.5 trade, as well as unevolved pokémon abouve their evolution level getting a 1.2 bonus.

It's far better than the gen V system, if they had combined that with the gen VI Exp. Share it would have been even more overpowered.
>>
>>26118421
Code quality really hasn't been much of an issue with pokemon games, other than in gen I and gen II, and the original gameboy was a fucking awful platform where making bug-free code was basically impossible. The issues are game design ones, not programming ones.
>>
the whole fucking IV-thing. people throwing away thousands of pokemon until they are 100% perfect.

also, pokemon cheating, people selling pokemon on ebay, the whole Internet-thing that happened after diamond/perl.

The games used to be better when you had to use fucking link-cables to swap pokemon
>>
>>26118844
Basically this. That guy was a retard.
>>
>>26118953
With gen I pokemon being transferable to sun and moon, it gives me hope that they'll get rid of IVs in gen VII.
>>
File: 1422821290344.png (396 KB, 882x720) Image search: [Google]
1422821290344.png
396 KB, 882x720
>>26118920
That's why they should have kept just the gen V system without any exp all shenanigans.
SunMoon having the exactly same system as gen VI would be reason enough for me to not get the game at all.
>>
>>26118957
God will you to be right, my son.
>>
>>26118964
The scaling of gen V was very unbalanced and gave you much more Exp than the flat formula from gen I-IV+VI. The formula in VI is perfectly fine aside from the Exp. All.
>>
>>26118982
I just want to grind on nothing but audino.
>>
File: 1438752251210.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1438752251210.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>26118982
I loved the Exp. All, and wish for it to return. I'm not a fan of grinding, and wish the Pokémon games would be about more than that. Maybe it should be optional in future games, with a conventional Exp. Share as well for those who prefer it.

>>26118993
>getting a Friend Safari with Audinos and Chanseys in X/Y
>>
Let all trainers scale with the level of your highest pokemon = for trainers, +1 for ace trainers and +3 for gym leaders and +4 for e4
>>
>>26118920
>>26118982
>>26119014
I never really understood the hate toward Exp Share in Gen VI.

I had to skip Gen V (though I have since bought the games so I can play them after I finish X) so I didn't have a way to bring my Pokémon from Diamond up to Pokémon X. There's basically 450 Pokémon in that game guys, it's so many. How do you expect players to train up and evolve so many Pokémon to fill up their dex without EXP Share?

I'm playing X while another friend plays Y and we trade Pokémon constantly, and I maintain at least 18 "mains" I use to fight trainers and gyms, rather than one team as in the past. Exp Share helps keep them all viable while the variety keeps them from being overpowered, and lets me fill my dex at the same time. I'm about to challenge Lumiose Gym, and my Pokédexes are 85-87-7 so far, which wouldn't be anywhere near as high if I hadn't evolved so many Pokémon with that Exp Share.
>>
>>26119030
>I never really understood the hate toward Exp Share in Gen VI.
Autists.
>>
>>26119030
There are two groups.

The hate for EXP share and the hate for EXP scaling.

They are not the same people.
>>
>>26118390
The thing I dislike the most about Pokémon games is how the story gets less appropriate in scale every generation. Since they introduced god Pokémon and plots to end all life or destroy the universe, I've pretty much just been putting up with the story instead of actually being interested in it.
>>
>>26119068
I agree with you, but which mainline games have a good story in your opinion?
>>
>>26119068
They need to stop with the trio gimmick they got going on.
>>
>>26119039
That's right. I think the new EXP share is a good concept, but the levels in game could use some rejiggering. I am hoping for a hard mode in Sun/Moon with higher levels and more Pokémon with better moves on all the teams.
>>
>>26119080
As long as its from the start and not how BW2 did it.
>>
>>26118957
Why would they do that? Gen I pokemon have IVs too you know.
>>
>>26119075
Red/Blue and Gold/Silver don't really have what I'd call a good story, but these games stories were at least something appropriate considering the world of Pokémon and your player character's role in it. Ruby/Sapphire would probably have been OK if Team Magma's/Team Aqua's motivations had been more understandable. For example, I have no idea why a random grunt would join either of those Black/White started strong by making a point about the ethics of Pokémon battlint, but in my opinion would have been better without the whole truth/ideals thing and Unova creation myths. Ghetsis could also have done with a more interesting motivation than “world domination lol“.

The less said about Gens IV and VI the better.
>>
IVs.

>>26119030
People hate the Gen VI EXP share because it's unbalanced and only works in two extremes (all or nothing) rather than the happy balance gen 5 had.

> How do you expect players to train up and evolve so many Pokémon to fill up their dex without EXP Share?
Same way Gen V did. By curving it so weaker Pokemon get easier exp. And the problem with this logic that not everyone plays like this. In fact, I'd argue that the majority of people don't.
>>
>>26118982
>more EXP
>less grinding
>not good
>>
>>26119022
>Throw the lvl curve out of the window.

Even rougelike rpg does not choose this stupid idea.
>>
>>26119022
That was not fun in Oblivion and Final Fantasy VIII and would not be fun in Pokémon either. Levels only mean anything if a player is allowed to be over- or underleveled if they choose. But if an RPG is designed well, a player who does not go out of their way to grind or avoid gaining EXP should be facing opponents of appropriate strength, which for Pokémon means about their own level. And sadly Gen VI games have failed in providing opponents of appropriate level, so that by playing normally, your own Pokémon mostly end up stronger than your opponents.
>>
>>26119110
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Team Rocket just sort of works. It's not gonna blow your mind, but in a world where these little creatures are so important to the culture, some assholes are going to try to steal them and turn a profit.

I wish that, moving forward, they would treat that as the standard. Have a team out for money, and differentiate through character, instead of attempting these big concepts that are clearly way beyond the writing abilityof anyone at GF.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.