[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You realize this is SUPPOSED to be ugly, right? It's a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 569Garbodor[1].png (171 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
569Garbodor[1].png
171 KB, 431x431
You realize this is SUPPOSED to be ugly, right? It's a good design. The concept of the pokémon has its own worthy niche.
>>
Everyone can spout shit about 5th gen designs sucking but as soon as you go to their babby first gen they go fucking insane.
>>
>>26116884
Yeah, I like it. It's the best one of the pollution trio. Grimer line is super generic looking, and Koffing is great, but can't say I'm a fan of Weezing, so Trubbish and Garb are the better line.
>>
>>26116884

They could have gone further with it, I think. Maybe have some old tin cans or a fish skeleton embedded in there instead of just the pink and turquoise gunk.
>>
>>26116904
I like the cyan/yellow/magenta thing it has goin' on there.
>>
It's design doesn't suck because it isn't cute or pretty, it sucks cause it doesn't even really look like garbage and is just not a good design.
>>
>Supposed to be ugly
>It means it's okay to be shit

k

>B-but gen X also ha-
Everyone knows, doesn't change the fact he has an awful design and being a garbagemon really compliments his awful stats.
>>
>>26116884
>it looks like shit
>"it's supposed to look like shit"
>this somehow is supposed to make it look less like shit
>>
>>26116911
yellow?
>>
>>26116884
Im not really a fan of its design just generally but i dont hate it
i like trubbish though which people seem to have issues with
>>
Yeah, I never got the hate for Garbodor either.
"He looks like garbage!"
Yeah, well, that's his theme. It's like saying "Meowth looks like a cat!"
>>
>>26116884
Ironically, I dislike it because it doesn't look like garbage. It looks like a ruptured teddy bear with candy stuck to it.
>>
>>26117018
>It looks like a ruptured teddy bear with candy stuck to it.
this
>>
>>26116884
it looks stupid

they tried to be as odd as possible giving it an asymmetrical body and random parts here and there, but it's face is just a stupid collection of three circles, with an unappealing gormless expression
>>
File: XY_Grant.png (481 KB, 955x1280) Image search: [Google]
XY_Grant.png
481 KB, 955x1280
>>26116884
It is thanks to Garbodor that I believe Grant's hair has bits of garbage stuck in it.
>>
>>26116884
honestly this line doesn't bother me nearly as much as the vanilluxe line does
>>
>>26117619
Both seem fine, I don't get it.
Not knowing what Diglett looks like fucks me up.
>>
File: diglett33.png (53 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
diglett33.png
53 KB, 250x250
>>26117625
this is what diglett looks like
>>
>>26116918
Show this to literally anyone, Pokefan or not and ask them what it looks like. They will 100% of the time say ot looks like garbage.

So hoe again does it not look like garbage?Just because there are blue and pink bits as proxies for fish bones and banana peels and diapers? Would you /really/ like the design better if it were that way? You would not. Sit the fuck down.
>>
>>26116884
Maybe they were going for the 'boys like gross stuff' that was big in the early 90s
>>
>>26117563
Are you telling me his hair ISN'T garbage?
>>
>>26117657
Care to show us the rest of Diglett then? You do know it has feet, right?
>>
>>26116884
I honestly do not get why people hate on these Gen 5 Pokémon. Vanilluxe is based on snowy icicles, stylized to look like ice cream cones to make it look more interesting/appealing. Garbordor is just another Muk, only it has more detail. Amoongus is... well, I can't defend that one. But the fact that 90% of all the Gen 5 hate stems from literal idiots who never spent any time thinking about WHY these Pokémon are designed the way they are is fucking cancerous. All the while they flip shit as soon as you mention ANYTHING from Gen 1 being equally shit.
>>
>>26118639
Everyone knows why they look the way they do you pompous faggot. Just because a design's clever doesn't make it good.
>>
>>26118685
Right, so you are one of those people that get pissed when someone doesn't want to be forced your opinion on them.
You sure are a good person eh?
What is wrong by having an opinion, not sharing the same goal or decision as you? Can't you just respect others opinions? Right.. this is 4chan, the home of meme masters and it's just a prank bro tumblrinas and redditor sitting on 9gag Facebook ompetiotion . There is no hope.
>>
>>26118700
Never said anything about anyone's opinions, tumblerina.
>>
>>26118705
You don't need to. Argument ing and counter wise sharing you less disagreement to the others likeness,is called not sharing same opinions.

By saying it is shit you do 2 things.
You do not reason with the other person.
And you do not give any clarefication on why it is shit, nor do you technically don't say anything about your reasoning to give it shit.

Therefore you are forcing your own opinion on the other anon. There fixed it.
>>
>>26118685
If you've ever read any Gen 5 hate discussion you'd know this isn't the case. The majority of these people really are so dense that they can't even see what or why about the designs. And literally none of them would ever admit the cleverness or integrity of the designs, or that they anything but "lazy, unimaginative shit made because they ran out of ideas".
>>
>>26118639
>But the fact that 90% of all the Gen 5 hate stems from literal idiots who never spent any time thinking about WHY these Pokémon are designed the way they are is fucking cancerous.

Care to explain WHY, generally speaking, older Pokemon designs were simple and newer Pokemon designs are unnecessarily detailed and look like weeb fanart (e.g. big desu eyes)?
>>
>>26118720
>I find a design ugly
>I say it's shit
>some faggots asks me to write a dissertation about why I find it ugly
It's like I'm really back in art school.
>>
>>26118721
I do and it always goes down like this
>anon 1 - mon's design is shit
>anon 2 - no you don't understand! it's actually quite clever because this and that
>anon 1 - yeah ok but it still looks like shit
>anon 2 - oh my god you're so dense! the design really is clever!
>anon 1 - yeah faggot, but it's still ugly as shit
and so on and so on.
>>
>>26116884
It fails to look gross, it just looks dumb.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.