[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are these cards and why are they different types
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
What are these cards and why are they different types
>>
Fakes
>>
top tyraitar and rayquaza are delta species, which was a bunch of cards with different types, Dark tyraniar is the right type ? lastly i cant see what groudons type actually is, but its probably from the fact its 'team magmas'
>>
>>26116489
Fire Steel

RIP Heatran's relevancy
>>
>>26116336
this
rip one in half and see if it has its proper security tape.
>>
>>26116916

I nominate the Tyranitar

You are looking for a nice blue/black layer
>>
>>26116331
From a far, you can tell it's fake.
Fake Pokemon cards use a type of cheap holo.
>>
>>26116989

I've never seen a holo bend in that direction
>>
>>26116331
Delta species cards were a thing during gen 3, do some research
>>
Delta species in the games when?
>>
>>26117055

When we get Break, EX, and Ultra Evolution
>>
I think these things were a real thing years ago. Looking through my old cards im finding some pokemon with different typing. I think I have a normal Charizard. I'm not sure why. I dont know if it was just some way to change gameplay by adding new types to pokemon. I dont know if this was before or after they did those little scan cards for the GBA Scanner device
>>
>>26116989

All of the delta species EX cards had a flat holofoil. None of them had patterns.

>>26117012

You have to leave them in your car or some shit.
>>
You see, in gen 3 there weren't many dark or steel-type Pokemon. In order to keep their TCG types relevant, they came up with gimmicks to introduce a whole lot of Dark and Metal Pokemon into the game without actually having to add new Pokemon. The first was to slap Dark onto a bunch of evil team Pokemon. The second was to create "Delta Species", a special kind of Pokemon with the wrong typing, as a transparent way of adding more Metal Pokemon (nearly every fully evolved Delta Species in the first set were part Metal).
>>
>>26116331
Do you lack the ability to google it cunt?
>>
>>26116331
Young boy, I should teach you the ways of the real Pokémon TCG.
>>
>>26116775
Fire/Dark you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>26116331
Are the backs the same as regular cards? The signature on the Tyranitar reminds me of the Worlds Decks that come out every year since gen 3. Would explain why you have so many too since these cards were a bitch to pull.
>>
>>26116331
I have the Rayquaza, it's a Delta Species. (:
>>
>>26118630
On further review, only the Dark Tyranitar was in a Worlds deck, and that one definitely is from that deck.

Magma's Groudon would count but it has no signature and the border isn't silver.
>>
>>26117012
Gen 3 holofoil cards had a habit of doing that after a year or so, especially if they got hot. Probably because the cards were cheaply made back then. It's why I always keep my collection in binders and my spares in card boxes. Helps keep them from bending
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.