[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For what purpose, Game Freak? What would be the best way to salvage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: why.png (29 KB, 647x398) Image search: [Google]
why.png
29 KB, 647x398
For what purpose, Game Freak? What would be the best way to salvage these types?
>>
>>26110984
Grass is fine. If anything, it should be nerfed a little by making it weak to Fairy, since fairies are masters of nature.
>>
>>26110984

Remove Grass's flying weakness. It doesn't even make sense.

Bug should resist fairy, and maybe even be super effective to it. Let ice be good against bug in that case.
>>
File: Stop.jpg (32 KB, 603x452) Image search: [Google]
Stop.jpg
32 KB, 603x452
>>26110996
>>
>>26111019
See >>26111032
>>
>>26110984
Make Grass resist Fairy and Rock.

Make Bug resist Ghost and Dark.

Remember, it's not about the offense, but the defense, since you can slap a move of that type on another mon.
>>
>>26110984
Make Grass immune to Fairy and remove its Flying weakness. Fairies shouldn't want to harm nature.
>>
>>26111071
Yes pls Gamefreak
>>
>>26110996
Why isn't Fairy weak to normal?
>>
>>26111071
i can get behind this
>>
File: 1460191169179.jpg (7 KB, 250x219) Image search: [Google]
1460191169179.jpg
7 KB, 250x219
>>26111262

>Normal becomes immune to Fairy because they don't believe in them.

>>26111071

I can agree with this one.
>>
>>26111071
This one is great. Also make fairy + some other type like fightan not resist bug. Bugs already have it hard enough dont need everyone walling them just by sheer typing alone.
>>
grass is fine just remove fairy's bug resistance. ice is the one that needs fixing,I'd say remove either the rock or steel weakness and give it resistance against water and either ground or flying
>>
>>26110984
Ice, Rock, and Psychic are much worse.
>>
File: 1456976768066.jpg (38 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1456976768066.jpg
38 KB, 400x399
>>26110996
>it should be nerfed a little by making it weak to Fairy
>>
There is LITERALLY

LITERALLY

NO EXCUSE

As to why flying is good against grass

LITERALLY NONE

WHAT, BIRDS EAT GRASS? Wow then I guess Normal should be effective against grass too because humans and my mom's dog eat grass too

GRASS IS ACTUALLY HEAVILY INTERTWINED WITH ELEMENTS OF WIND

FUCK YOU GAME FREAK
>>
>>26111407

Ice is actually a good offensive type.
>>
>>26110984
>Ghost, Fairy, and Fire no longer resist Bug
>Bug now resists Fairy

>Grass is now immune to Fairy

>Normal is now Super Effective against Fairy

Fairy still resists and is SE against some of the best typings and has only two weaknesses, both to the worst offensive typings, so none of this nerfs it too hard.
>>
>>26110984
>people actually think grass is ok
is this a meme? i'm a little biased cause they're my favorite type and i think they're great but could be better
>>
>>26111446
>Implying birds don't make plants their bitch.
>>
>>26111446
The Flying weakness actually makes sense. Tornadoes and hurricanes rip apart trees.
>>
>>26111407
Ice needs to be a better defensive typing, remove steel weakness and add a plethora of resistances like:
>dragon
>grass
>flying
>poison
I can't believe it doesn't already have a poison resistance
>>
>>26111466
>implying owls are birds
>>
>>26111448
Shame 99.5 percent of Ice types are slow, defensive and have poor attack.

Ice just needs to resist Flying and Ground, maybe Water too.

While we're at it, make Rock resist Ghost; whats a cold, spectral force going to do against solid, lifeless, unfeeling stone?
>>
File: be6.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
be6.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>>26111474
>Ice should resist Grass
>>
>>26110984

Dragon and Flying no longer resist Grass.
Grass is immune to Fairy.
>>
>>26111474
Ice doesn't need to be a decent defensive typing at all; Ice is generally brittle, and its makes much more sense to be a good offensive typing.

The problem, however, is that Gamefreak keep making every Ice typing a big, slow bulkster with poor stats and no recovery. They seem to be unable to design Ice types that could possibly be fast in their eyes.

They must also think this is all balanced since Ice moves are generally great, and hit a lot of the better types for SE damage.
On paper it sounds interesting
>Built for defence, BUT, no resistances, yet they have access to and get STAB on the best attacking moves! That way its not too powerful offensively like Fighting, nor relying on pure defence like Steel"
Sadly this doesn't work at all in practice.

At the end of all this, Ice just needs to resist Flying and Ground/Water, as many have been saying for ages
>>
>>26111576
only when it's thin.you certainly aren't going to be breaking huge blocks of ice with your fists,at least not very easily and ice erodes rock
>>
>>26110996
Fairy should be immune to every type but poison péh, it's the only way to balance the game
>>
>>26111472
Tornadoes and hurricanes rip apart everything. In fact, plants stand a much better chance in a tornado/hurricane than most other living things, since they're rooted to the ground.

Hell, the saying "The tree that bends does not break" is predicated on most trees' natural ability to handle high winds.
>>
>>26111352
So normal pokémons are the fedora tippers of the pokémon world?
>>
>>26111871
Oh wow. I didn't know that. I have no idea why Flying is strong against Grass then.
>>
>>26110984
Grass resists fairy and loses flying weakness. Dragon no longer resists it.

Bug is now super effective against fairy and neutral against ghost.

Ice loses fighting weakness and resists water and ground

Rock loses water and ground weaknesses

Normal is immune to fairy

Poison is SE on water

There. Everything is fixed now
>>
>>26110984
Grass is literally perfect. It has great moves and its resists are valuable and make up for its weaknesses

Bug is broken since bug types can't abuse uturn due to SR. It almost needs to be completely redone.
>>
>>26111446
>he thinks flying means bird
>>
>>26112063
Until Drifblim every Flying type was a Bird.
>>
Grass is fine. It has cool shit like the powers and leech seed that nothing else gets. It gets utility stuff like aromatherapy. Its resists are valuable.

Poison is decent. It gets some nice resists and pairs well with a lot of types. It could use some type exclusive moves like grass and then it would be perfect.

Ice can be fixed by making it resist ground and flying, neutral to rock, and making it immune to brn, while buffing freezedry's power and distribution. This makes it actually defensive and fixes its coverage problem. It is also an indirect nerf to water. And this doesn't just buff everything that gets ice beam as coverage.

Rock needs recovery to make it not a worse Steel type. Since no Steels get recovery unless paired with another type, this would be a nice difference maker.

Bug is JUST tier and needs a redo. It pretty much has to be paired with Fighting, Ground, or Steel to abuse Uturn and not get fucked by hazards.
>>
>>26112139
Gyarados and Charizard and Dragonite are birds.
Also,
>>implying owls are birds
>>
>>26112139
If it's based on a bird and nothing else, it's Normal/Flying. Bird makes them Normal, not Flying. Flying represents that the Pokemon is capable of flight, usually via wings.
>>
>>26111576
>Ice is generally brittle
Which is why it's weak to fighting, rock and steel. Why does it not resist the elements that really don't affect it like grass, flying, bug or poison? Would make far more sense than for dragon/steel/flying to resist grass or for ground to resist poison. I've always thought that poison should be super effective to ground as soil is prone to contamination but then again this is a series where punching steel is a great idea.

I think the main issue still is that the typing is skewed so hard in the offense and now with the rise of steel type as an offensive move ice gets cucked even harder in the defensive aspect as if stealth rocks alone weren't enough. Not to mention that it's weak to the most common priority types steel and fighting, making the squishy offensive ice types weaker than most others.
>>
>>26110984
I'd argue Grass and Bug are fine. In terms of resistances and coverage, they are bad types, but both types have a lot of good Pokémon. It's OK if some types are worse compared to others, since Pokémon are not defined only by their resistances and coverage, but also move pool, stats and ability. Grass types generally have very good move pools, and the worthwhile Bugs tend to have minmaxed stats and good abilities. Bug also pairs very well with Steel, which helps it.

There are a few types that could actually use buffs, though, because they have few worthwhile Pokémon. Ice and Rock come to mind. It's well known that they have few resistances, but most Pokémon of these types are slow and bulky, which does not work well. They also mostly don't get great abilities or stats, and Rock moves have notoriously bad accuracy. They are not even very desireable types for sweepers, which need neutral coverage more than super effective coverage.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.