[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: 1461814072326~01.jpg (326 KB, 1695x1617) Image search: [Google]
1461814072326~01.jpg
326 KB, 1695x1617
Memes aside. Actual conversation.

Why do people think that this batch of starters has any more relevancy than previous ones?

And on a more serious note. They look bad.

Does anyone actually like the look of any of them.

I'm a pretty casual fan, but I've played most games for Gameboy as they are released. These are easily the ugliest starters. And good competitors for ugliest top 20.

Trying to keep this as civil as possible but in sure it'll devolve into garbage /vp/ tier trash.

But I would appreciate a few real answers.
>>
It's pretty obvious these things aren't the starters, they are ugly. I think people are just trying to find anything to believe I geuss
>>
>>26093135
It all seems like satire at this point though.

Is everybody but me In on the joke?
It's not funny, they aren't convincing.

Is this just the equilvant of a /vp/ slow news day?
>>
>Why do people think that this batch of starters has any more relevancy than previous ones?
Because they haven't been found on an art site, that is literally it, they are real because whoever drew them only uploaded them to 2ch. Also one of the 20 things Mukuroh translates to could be Grass Owl, but lets ignore how rick monster isn't a cat oh no no no.
>>
Because they haven't been disproven yet longer than any other leak.
>>
>>26093153
How hard is it for someone with talent to whip up some art and upload it here?

Not that these look like talent mind you, but it's not hard to make your work look crude.
>>
People is just making fun about it.
Nobody is taking them seriously.
This is 4chan.
>>
>>26093211
*people are.
Sorry. Not english native.
>>
>>26093146
It basically is satire, or rather parody maybe? Basically, most people don't believe they're real, it's just a bunch of trolls and maybe a couple people that actually believe keep spamming them.
Youtubers usually jump on any and all fake starter leaks, but the fact that there's basically no coverage on these guys says a lot about their credibility.
I just can't wait for corocoro to leak in a couple weeks so we can finally be done with this and then it turns out next month's corocoro still doesn't have starters and we have to spend another month of these guys
>>
>>26093202
I've been drawing for years, but not exactly talented, and I could draw the original fake in about 15 minutes if I wanted to
>>
Honestly I really like all 3 of them. The only one I can understand being called ugly is the fire type. But he's just an ugly duckling that will evolve into something great.
Water starter is Mudkip-tier, imo, and owl is super cute. I love his face, I don't care what anyone else says. <3

But yeah, pretty much we're all desperate to have some information. The only reason some people latch on to these things is because we have nothing else to latch onto. They haven't been disproven since they've been "leaked", so that's another big reason.
>>
>>26093229
I'm just sick of looking at them.
New fakes, real fakes. Just anything but the owl.
>>
>>26093082
People on /vp/ are bored, pretty much.
>>
>>26093229
I don't think it's satire. There are definitely shitposters on both sides, but mostly it's just people desperate to have something to argue about and takes sides on. /vp/ does this a lot, if you haven't noticed.

Some people are convinced by the fact that they haven't been disproven yet that they're real. But this is pretty much the only evidence owlfags have.
>>
>>26093082
On a serious note, Nyabby is literally the coolest starter since Snivy. Not joking.

>>26093135
They really aren't ugly. Not even a little.
>>
>>26093248
I'd like to see you come up with something similar. It'd be interesting. Come up with your own 3 original starters on paper, with whatever utensil the artist used and see how easy it is. It'd be a good point the "denialfags" could make
>>
The rock thing could pass for a first stage pseudo, I'll admit.

But "new starters" gets more (OP)s and (You)s than "new regional bird, new pseudo, and new regional fish"
>>
>>26093324
People care about starters much more than anything else. Even if the legends leaked, people would rather take sides and argue about which starter is the best. Not really sure why, I've never been into starters that much myself.
>>
File: roothoot2.png (19 KB, 504x499) Image search: [Google]
roothoot2.png
19 KB, 504x499
>>26093082
why does EVERY denialfag say they're not real simply because of the way they look?

Denialfags are so stupid.
>>
>>26093319
It won't work because I would have to either admit I drew them, and they would go "Hurr Hurr we know these are fake, but owlbortion isn't disproven yet 100% real!" or I would have to pretend it's a leak, but that would be an obvious reaction to the owlbortion and fool no one, plus these do have 2ch status which I can't replicate so I might as well draw something and take a picture with a phone but don't expect anything anyone draws to sway the owlfags, they are delusional beyond help
>>
>>26093082
Honestly, I don't find them ugly or bad. I think they're the best starters we've seen in a long time. The issue for me is why you guys hate em so much
>>
>>26093340
Don't kill the thread. Its going well and is somewhat tame.

We don't need this shit here. If you believe they are real, state why.
>>
>>26093340
Some people just genuinely don't like the way they look. They don't look like colorful birds, cats, and seals, they actually have an original feel to them. That's why there's so many doubters I think. It's sad in a way, since if these turn out to be real, they will be the sole reason some people will hate Sun/Moon.

That's a big IF though.
>>
>>26093229
It's really not . Pretty much , they can't be proven real yet, and they haven't been proven fake yet, so people just say what they want to. Claims that it's fake, or real, both are false at this point, as there are no official sources to back either claim. It's not satire, or parody, it's simply confusion. No one knows which side to back, so all they can do is argue or ignore and wait.
>>
>>26093340
This stopped being about "Are they real or are they fake" a few days ago, and is currently delving into "Do any of you actually believe what you are saying or are you just in it for the replies" territory. Yes, this applies to nonbelievers as much as it does the owlfags.
>>
>>26093340

Just gonna skip straight to the reason you posted this. (You)
>>
>>26093365
See this right here. I can't tell if you are being serious or not.
>>
>>26093340
My reason for not believing them is because the only thing that hasn't come from a draw fag is the original pencil sketch I could have done
>>
>>26093340
I also find them very simple looking. It reminds me of gen 1. I've read an interview with Sugimori around the time xy was being released, and he said the next gen would return to simplicity. Well, the results being these starters would really please me. Can't wait for the rest of the new pokedex
>>
>>26093362
I'm not necessarily asking you to ruse everyone, just to try to replicate the feel and style of the Roothoot picture and see how close you can get.

Honestly one of the reasons I'm a bit of an owlfag is because the feel I get from this pic is something nobody from DeviantArt could replicate. It seems professional in a way.

Just an opinion though.
>>
File: 1461540299499.jpg (287 KB, 2872x1152) Image search: [Google]
1461540299499.jpg
287 KB, 2872x1152
>>26093407
Oops, forgot pic
>>
>>26093153
there was also no proof that it was on 2chan because the convo that was in the screenshot had nothing to with these alleged leaked starters
>>
>>26093399
This this this

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Glad to see my thoughts written by someone else.
>>
>>26093407
Oh believe me, I can tell this is not professional, but it would take a professional to copy another artists style to the point an untrained eye gets they are from the same person, I can draw to the same skill level but I won't be able to replicate the "feel" of owlbortion perfectly, especially not with my own creation.
>>
File: black_exploitable_you.png (177 KB, 501x506) Image search: [Google]
black_exploitable_you.png
177 KB, 501x506
>>26093340
>>
>>26093377
Not really. It's strictly about their legitimacy, and they have 2ch status, and haven't been disproven yet, so they aren't easily dismissed. Since many don't like them, it irritates them that they can't simply dismiss it. Since they can't dismiss, they try to make others feel bad for believing an liking them.
>>
>>26093381
He's being serious. I like them too. Especially Nyabbi.
>>
>>26093340
This is the first tame owl thread I've seen in awhile. Let's keep it that way.

No one's taking the bait though so that's good.
>>
>>26093459
Huh. I'll take your word for it.
I guess that's the beautiful thing about pokemon, something for everyone.
>>
>>26093441
Just do the best you can. I'd be interested in seeing it.

Maybe this is a professional's concept art. But that's really grasping at straws, I know. I can't deny the feel I get from them though.
>>
>>26093460
Are you serious anon? This is horrible. Over half of you are giving your same "it's fake" argument, while the believers simply remain calm and talk about what the thread is about. Tame huh? Very funny.
>>
>>26093082
>Why do people think that this batch of starters has any more relevancy than previous ones?

Confirmation bias. One of the trademarked names matched the leaked starters so they deluded themselves into thinking the other two matched as well even though they clearly don't. Owlfags operate on the same logic as starter patternfags, they see what they want to see, not what's actually there.

>>26093198
Only because the leaker drew them himself instead of stealing shit from Deviantart. Which means the only way they can be disproven is if the real starters are revealed. That doesn't mean they're real, it just means the leaker is smarter than most leakers.
>>
I want EVERYONE involved in these arguments to answer this poll. No exceptions. Don't reply to the post, just answer the poll. http://www.strawpoll.me/10070283/
>>
>>26093487
Exactly. Something for everyone.
>>
File: 1435593103826.jpg (1000 KB, 1869x7823) Image search: [Google]
1435593103826.jpg
1000 KB, 1869x7823
I used to hate them, but I seriously fucking love these designs now. They're so /comfy/.

Roothoot is a smug bro. Cubble is dorky but kinda cute in a way. And Finpip is a typical cute blob. I don't understand the hate.

I like them, and I do think they're real. I've been an Owlfag since the FIRST thread popped up almost three months ago. I've been here since /tr/ and I can just feel that these leaks are legit.
>>
what were the other two besides the owl?
>>
>>26093153
If these are in fact fake, the faker knows what they're doing if their sole intention is to drive controversy around these starters purely by NOT uploading them onto a website like dA and claim ownership.

Of course, right now would be a prime time to "admit" to it if in fact they ARE real. It would cause even more hysteria when and if they are revealed.
>>
>>26093502
I'm not a "denialfag"... I'm somewhere inbetween. I haven't posted anything other than "I have my doubts" in any of these threads. I dunno what you're talking about.
Also, personally, I love these things to death. Every single one of them.

Yes, this is very tame so far compared to every other thread. I don't know how you see it otherwise.
>>
File: 1438599521070.png (134 KB, 1321x490) Image search: [Google]
1438599521070.png
134 KB, 1321x490
I don't understand the hate they get. Are they typical? No, not really. But that doesn't make them inherently bad. There's nothing extremely jarring about them, anyway. If there was, none of these therads would exist.

And based on what Sugi said about their designs recently, I can see them being legit.

>>26093528

Pic related. Keep in mind its fan art, but fairly accurate.
>>
>>26093507
>Update
Where's the option: I'm for Gen 7, but not a fag, I'm neutral, and I like the Starter leaks? That option, word for word, is what I choose.
>>
>>26093537
It's tame on the owl believer side, but on the it's fake side, everything is insane. That's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>26093376
>It's not satire, or parody, it's simply confusion
Maybe satire and parody weren't the best examples, but that's what was brought up. I wouldn't say it's confusion. I'm pretty convinced at least a few threads on them are just trolls trying to claim that they're real so people will get angry and reply that they're wrong.

>>26093453
I don't dismiss them 100%. I'd give most things at least the smallest bit of credence until they're disproven. But on the other hand, people that act like they're 100% confirmed are obviously just trying to get a response.
>>
>>26093340
>why does EVERY denialfag say they're not real simply because of the way they look?
Because something you and others that believe in these NEED to realize is that all starters are designed cute in order to appeal to children, which is the target audience, the starters are the face for a TON of merchandise that is produced so making a starter that is as unappealing as the Fire "starter" from this leak is one of the absolute worst decisions they could make because it isn't cute. No child would want to buy any merchandise of it and the manufacturers that make all the merchandise of it would be losing money. Again, this would be a bad move for Sugimori to do and that is why they cannot be real.
>>
>>26093556

This.

Why can't you guys who believe them to be fake just form an actual basis of believe other than "I don't like the designs" or "They're fake, get over it" or some other flaming. This thread is not for flaming.

And please spare the
>They look ugly they'd never be starters
>They aren't marketable
>They don't fit patterns
memes. They've been repeated since the dawn of Gen 5 and they're almost never of any value. Hold a conversation.
>>
File: 1433416403828.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1433416403828.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>26093570
>Merchandise meme again
>A NEET thinks he understands Game Freak
>>
>>26093556
I see what you mean. I don't understand the hatred coming from the other side. Maybe they see something we don't...?

Possibly they're just angry that these guys aren't as colorful and identifiable as the other previous fake leaks. When you see the other ones people fell for, they were all obviously a cat, a seal, and an owl. In these leaks, they're more vague. That's what I like about them personally. They actually look like "monsters", not just colorful animals.
>>
>>26093570
>I want the same exact cute shit every year

I mean, wouldn't it be nice if they did something different? The fire starter could easily evolve into something cool that kids would go crazy for. Owl and blob are meant to be cute, so they fulfill the cute role pretty well. Plushies aren't the only form of merchandise out there either, y'know.
>>
>>26093619

Don't listen to that >>26093570, anon. That fucking merchandise argument is so dried up and overplayed, nobody bites that shit. Even Serebii knows it's not totally true. Pokemon isn't a brand like Yokai Watch that has to play it safe with their mascot kiddies. The name, the buzz, and the brand are all enough to hold their own weight for a little experimentation. NEED I remind everyone of all the design ethics Game Freak changed during 2009/2010?
>>
File: 555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg (15 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
555-COME-ON-NOW.jpg
15 KB, 600x375
>>26093580
>dismissing refutation as meme
>"lel ur a NEET" ad hominem again
>>
>>26093633
See >>26093632 and stop acting like you know everything. You know literally zero about what moves Game Freak can and will pull.
>>
>>26093518
It was quite a while ago, but didn't the original leaker say the grass starter was some palm tree monster (I think it was like a quadruped and the leaves we saw were decoration and not limbs). I'm pretty sure the owl thing only came later when people decided to draw what they thought the rest of the would look like.
That's why I have a problem with the term owlfag in the first place because people only assume it's an owl when we don't know that it looks like from the neck down. It doesn't help that people jumped all over the trademark leaks when it possibly referred to an owl when again, that's only an assumption people made.
>>
>>26093652

No, actually. I do remember what thread you're talking about though. A lot of what he said though contradicted the Owleaks, so it's irrelevant.
>>
File: index2.jpg (83 KB, 958x639) Image search: [Google]
index2.jpg
83 KB, 958x639
>>26093490
I should have also mentioned I'm poor as fuck and use a six year old phone so the picture quality isn't that great, but here is my 10 minute sketch of Owlbortion plus my rendition of what I think the blurry concept art in the trailer actually looks like
>>
>>26093652
I do know a couple of things about what's going on:
>the 2chan screencap doesn't mention the owl at all
>the Japanese in the /vp/ archive screencap translates to "good morning"
>>
File: 1438797111878.jpg (7 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1438797111878.jpg
7 KB, 228x221
>>26093677

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH YOU WERE BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR ART SKILLS

HOLY SHIT

CONFIRMED AUTISTIC MAN CHILD

I'M FUCKING SCREAMING LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Fuck off.
>>
>>26093652
No idea what you're talking about. I've never heard anything about what you're saying mentioned before. But it sounds like something that could undermine all remaining credibility of the owl if true.

Again, I'm not a denialfag. Just a doubter. Don't go apeshit on me.
>>
>>26093693

The thread that anon is talking about was another one of the million ruses at the time that was confirmed fake. The OP came out and said it. It also had nothing to do with the Owl shit.
>>
>>26093689
rewd
>>
>>26093706

You claimed you could literally recreate the Owl leak in Sugi style in 15 minutes, then proceeded to avoid posting any drawing until you dropped that shitty Bug and your awful Roothoot. Not my fault you made a fool of yourself. Carry on.
>>
>>26093689
I never said I was good, and I literally just said I did this in 10 minutes
>>
>>26093656
I don't think it's completely irrelevant. Like I said, it's been a while, but aren't the only actual "leaked" parts, as in from 2ch and not just added on by other artists, just the sections of the mons? Did the original leak mention an owl at all? According to >>26093682 apparently not.
And again, looking at the screen caps of the thread, only a weird portion of the fire one was posted. Where did people get the rest of the body from. Wasn't it just people drawing what they thought it would look like? Because people have tried to call it a cat because of Nyabby, yet aren't they basing that on a bodystyle that people just made up for it?
>>
>>26093082
They're not the starters. Just some anon trying to prove that everything can be made true if you meme it enough.

And, assuming that they're confirmed, that owl is ugly as a sin. brown and green don't stick together there.
>>
>>26093706
>>26093717

The point is you claimed you could debunk the Owl by proving anyone could draw it, only to show your art is dog shit, making your statement invalid.

>>26093719

http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/25472064/

This is the original thread where the Owl leaks came from, all self contained. Everything is in there, look for yourserlf. That other thread anon is talking about is totally unrelated.
>>
>>26093717
Don't stoop to this mindless bickering.

Some criticism about >>26093677 though:
It would've been better if you used a similar utensil like the original pictures. Also, if you did something cute that might work as a starter. The camera quality works for a "leak". You're not a bad artist, especially since you did that in under 10 mins.
>>
File: finpip2.png (35 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
finpip2.png
35 KB, 280x280
It's simple:
1. GameFreak registered trademarks for their names
2. They haven't been debunked yet.
>>
>>26093744
This.
>>
>>26093715
Talking to the wrong person mate, also I specifically said
>>26093441
I wouldn't be able to replicate the feel, I'm not good enough to replicate style, I just wanted to demonstrate the skill you need to draw the original leak is not that great
>>26093726
Don't put words in my mouth, I specifically stated I couldn't but was pressure to at least try, so I spent 10 minutes on each drawing without editing them or going through different versions just to show it's not that hard to draw.

Also, if you think the original leak is leagues above my shitty art, you are blinding yourself in confirmation bias my friend
>>
My honest opinion is that they look like shit, not even joking, I don't even get on discussion on these starters because they look bad Del any stand point, they don't look like starters and they will never will be starters, the one who like them are contrarians and the flood 4chan everyday with muh opinion meme, so they think they can have a fact with only that

But they are wrong, those pieces of shit can't be marketed, they don't look like something normal people would like and if they ended being real S/M will fail with only showing the starters because I will never play a game with 3 Devianart tier draft as a starter in my game
>>
>>26093744
One name has one of twenty translations that fits while the other two names don't fit at all, how is that proof?
>>
>>26093752
Fucking this thank you
>>
>>26093750
Oh, that's not the same person I was talking to? Huh...
Well that makes it a little better. Don't feel bad about everyone insulting your art though, it's pretty decent. I don't think I could draw that good in under 10 minutes.
>>
>>26093752
>contrarians

Well I personally liked them the first time I saw them, and I'm honestly surprised by all this hate they get. I guess everybody sees something different when they look at them. I honestly think they would work as starters, they just have that feel to them.

But all this hate they're getting is kinda making me feel less and less confident about them. I guess if the majority doesn't like them, most kids wouldn't like them either huh...?
>>
>>26093765
I posted a 10 minute sketch to 4chan, It's exactly what I expected
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-27-00-45-27.png (174 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-27-00-45-27.png
174 KB, 480x800
>>26093153
>>
>>26093750
Your sketch is shit and proves nothing. Not even close to quality of the leaks. Seriously, no line art, nothing. You think (badly) copying it on paper proves anything?
>>
>>26093198
We still have leaks from gen 5 that haven't been disproven, that will never be the way to describe downie starters.
>>
>>26093752

You're so full of shit. You remind me of all the people during Fairygate who thought they souded so smart saying Game Freak would NEVER EVER do Fairies.
>>
>>26093840
Light made more sense tbqh sempai
>>
>>26093778

You realize /vp/ is full of self entitled NEETs who think Game Freak can literally only follow their imaginary rules, dont you? Don't let these fucking flaming manchildren form your own opinion.
>>
>>26093825
That's a drawfag coloring of the original leak which has not been found yet unfortunately
>>26093827
I never said it was going to prove anything, and not being braggy or anything but it is close to the quality of the original leaks, because they were of such low quality in the first place, and how is me drawing it in a different position copying to you?
>>
>>26093847
Cheering up someone

>>>/reddit/

And kys there
>>
>>26093852
Prove that it wasn't you who said >>26093441

Also, personally, the art in the original leak is very high quality, with few errors imo. We must be seeing different things.
>>
>>26093852
See>>26093726
>>
>>26093852
No, that deviantart post is LITERALLY just one of the leaked photos uploaded to deviantart. Go check the date, its like two weeks after the leak thread and he even says he didnt make it
>>
>>26093876
That is what I said, I said I wouldn't be able to replicate the same style. If you don't see the GLARING errors in the original leak, then you have no eye for drawings or are blinded by conformation bias, either way, I can safety disregard your opinion of my art either way (not that I care about a picture I spent five minutes on)
>>
>>26093881
I know, I was here when the draw fag drew it, it was later posted to DeviantArt apparently
>>26093877
I actually can't tell which conversation you are replying to
>>
>>26093916
No, seriously, that picture is LITERALY just the original leak, no drawfag shit or anything. All he did was reupload it http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/25472064/

There was a different time where a drawfag traced it and reuploaded it, but thats unrelated.
>>
>>26093941
The original leak wasn't colored though
>>
>>26093899

>you have no eye for drawings
>He says as he draws complete shit

Nobody is replying to you because you think you know what you're talking about when your art is horse shit
>>
>>26093952
Yes it was. Click the archived thread link. That's the archive of the original leak. There are colore and uncolored drawings.
>>
>>26093567
I'm not sure you understood me. They're grasping for answers, not responses, because no one can prove or disprove them. This is confusion.
>>
>>26093958

No one is replying because there is like three people still in this thread right now, one me, the other two is replying. Also I know the art is horseshit, that's the point, I did it in five minutes at 2 in the morning, the point was to show that the quality of the original leaks is easy to replicate, which I did, quite easily, regardless of your confirmation bias.
>>
the dolphin is ok. the owl, don't care. but hotdamn that fire whatever-it-is is one awful, ugly thing. UHGLEE. really hope these are fake. or at least, their final evo's are decent.
>>
>>26093570
The perceived lack of appeal in the fire starter is only a few opinions. To children, it would look just as "cool" as a treecko would.
>>
>>26093971

WHAT YOU DONT REALIZE IS, DESPITE WHAT YOU THINK, THE QUALITY OF THE ORIGINAL LEAK IS LEAGUES ABOVE YOUR FUCKING DOODLE

There, was I clear that time?
>>
File: Dnt9B.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Dnt9B.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
>>26093971
>the point was to show that the quality of the original leaks is easy to replicate, which I did, quite easily, regardless of your confirmation bias

Just stop posting. You're just digging yourself a deeper hole.

I care about you anon. But just stop.
>>
>>26093976

Remember, NEETs are delusional and have no idea what would sell or be well recieved. That's why /vp/ isn't Game Freak.
>>
File: 1459736438624.png (81 KB, 1006x930) Image search: [Google]
1459736438624.png
81 KB, 1006x930
>>26093985
>>26093987
Somehow a complete lack of line quality and depth perception is "quality art" now? Yeah I think I'm done, I'm just gonna wait till E3 when you owlfags join the Gen6.5fags in BTFO town, there is no help for any of you
>>
>>26093574
>>26093585
Exactly my point. There are several Pokémon that aren't easily identifiable, and starters are no exception. What exactly is Chikorita? And Bulbasaur? And let's not forget about Chespin. It's usually the Grass starter, but Cyndaquil isn't easily identifiable as a mouse, it's clearly a porcupine, but still.
>>
>>26094010

Are you talking about your own drawing? Because that one lacks any sense of artistic value. Now, autistic? Oh you win there.
>>
>>26094010
ok bye

Back to nice and comfy tame thread.
>>
>>26094010
>The kike with Asperger's who can't draw leaves
Rejoice.
>>
>>26093752
Reminder, for trolls like above, RHI. Report, Hide, Ignore.
>>
File: shittiest design.png (998 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
shittiest design.png
998 KB, 1280x1280
>>26093973
>http://fgts.jp/vp/thread/25472064/
>>
>>26094086
>translates to "good morning"
We've been over this ten times now. Maybe more.
>>
>>26093778
On the contrary, children would love them, and that's probably the sole reason that /vp/ hates them. Not many escape puberty with their childhoods intact, and that's why people grow out of things when growing up. They aren't cool by /vp/ standards because /vp/ complains about everything.
>>
>>26094072
The thread got a little bit derailed by that one kid who posted his drawing. I think we can all agree that we're glad he's gone.

Not because of his drawing, because he was bickering with everyone.
>>
>>26093840
This is true. Even I denied Fairy, firmly saying that Sylveon would be flying type.
>>
File: image.png (631 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
631 KB, 640x960
>>26094121

Based ThreadCleaner. Keep slaying.
>>
>>26094121
>On the contrary, children would love them
Show them to every child you come across and ask them what they think of them. Keep records of how many love which ones and how many don't like which ones.
>>
>>26094086
>>26094117
No wait, the second Japanese post translates to "Are you ready"
>>
>>26094133
also because he thought his horrible doodle was on the same level as the leaked
he seriously claimed his lineart was better
this is why /vp/ is so cynical, because the majority are autists who think they could literally run TPCi/Game Freak with their own hands
>>
>>26093899
Art is as beauty is, in the eyes of the beholder. Where one sees error and lines, another sees beauty, or may have intended beauty.
>>
>>26094162
hes still objectively wrong when it comes to artistic value
>>
>>26093991
What are you doing anon? This is a perfect example of a case for RHI. Report, Hide, Ignore. People hated Piplup, it sold, still sells. These would sell easily.
>>
>>26094152
If only all biased, cynical assholes on this board could be BTFO this hard. This was a tiny victory for the remaining sane people on this board.

I actually feel bad for him tho tbqhf.
>>
I think they're ugly and I think that's a pretty valid reason to dislike them and not want them to be real. If they are real I'll be disappointed because... yeah, they're bad. The owl is the only salvageable one, but I think it's a really disappointing approach to a barn owl pokemon. The dolphin looks like something you'd see on neopets, and I don't care what anyone says the fire one is not a damn cat.

But I also didn't want the gen 5 starters to be real and we all know how that turned out. If they are real I'll just box whichever one I end up choosing (probably the owl).

We're all just really sensitive over our opinions because, besides this being /vp/, we're going on nearly three months with no information after two months of new fake leaks popping up every day.
>>
>>26094133
Yes, yes we can.
>>26094136
Thanks. No problem. I'm here to serve.
>>
>>26094180
And isn't Piplup the most beloved starter in Japan? >>26092324
Just goes to show how different our tastes are compared to Japan.
>>
>>26093518
>They just overlayed the owl on a blurry mess.
That looks nothing like it
>>
>>26094138
You realize that you're not a child, right? If you were, you couldn't be here. How, then, do you know what children will like? I have several siblings, and they would love these. I personally only like Nyabbi, but I don't particularly hate the others either.
>>
>>26094179
Maybe you misread me? I'm just saying that everyone has an opinion, and what people like and don't like will always be different. I'm not with him, or against you . I'm neutral. Although... My little sis could draw better than him, lol.
>>
I can't wait for owlfags to be btfo

I hope someone is screencapping all the owlfag posts
>>
>>26094208

Your siblings are fucking retards with shit taste. Even for kids. I can see it runs in your family.
>>
>>26094208
This. Especially japanese kids, Nintendos core audience. Look at Yokai Watchs merch sales. Kids eat up little monsters, plain and simple.
>>
>>26094208
>>26094138
This is something interesting to try. I'd like to see some of you do this and see the outcome, preferably with this picture >>26093539
>>
>>26094222
>Friendly reminder that THIS is the level of salt that the Denialfags have hit
>>
This has probably been asked but what if they are real, but they aren't the starters? Just some jerk who had access to all of the pokemon just picked three randoms just to fuck with everyone.
>>
>>26094200
Exactly my point. What we like is based on who we are , and our culture. They're culture is different.
>>
>>26094224
>Friendly reminder that THIS is the level of salt that the Denialfags have hit
>>
>>26094222
Owlfriend collages won't be as interesting as denialfriend collages. At the most I can see owlfriend collages ending up in cringe threads, but that's all.
>>
>>26094224
Reminder, do not feed the trolls. RHI. Report, Hide, Ignore.
>>
>>26094233
>batch of three mons
>all cute, big heads, etc
>one is green, grass type
>one is red, fire type
>one has a leaf for an arm
>one is literally an aquatic animal

its safe to assume theyre starters
>>
>>26094252
>all cute
Ehhh.
>>
>>26094247
Why report though? What rule are they violating? I don't want to see you guys banned from falsely reporting people.
>>
File: 1461801867715.png (4 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461801867715.png
4 KB, 500x500
>>26094138
Children loved Fennekin and it has googly eyes like Mokuroh
>>
I could believe all of them except cubble. That thing is so ugly and blocky it could never be an actual starter design
>>
>>26094258
No, they're options. If rules are broken, Report, if not, you can Hide the posts, or simply Ignore. RHI. Since shitposting, flaming, etc is a violation of Global Rule 3 , it's a safe bet that you can report most, but you still need to be careful, and pay plenty of attention. It's usually easier to just hide them.
>>
>>26094254
owl is smug bro, boys and girls will both like

cubble is a cute dork but also a lil odd, boys will like it for cool factor

sealdolphin is literally a blop with a happy face, twirly patterns, fishy fishy. girls will eat it up
>>
>>26094264
I felt the same way about Oshawott. It's hideous, but it's still real.
>>
>>26094270
Exactly. I don't think Nyabbi is a dork, I think it has a real badass factor, like totodile, or treecko, but still.
>>
>>26094264
I feel the same about SONIC THE TEPIG and Mudkip

welcome to the real world where people have different opinions
>>
>>26094270
>cubble is a cute
Stopped reading right there desu
>>
>>26094286
Exactly.
>>
File: 13534564894.gif (3 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
13534564894.gif
3 MB, 256x192
>people are sincerely considering these absolutely disgusting, hilarious excuses for fakemon as possibly legitimate leaks

What is wrong with all of you? How new are you?

Moreover what is wrong with you owlposters? Are you really this desperate for attention? Here's your (You)
>>
>>26094286
>SONIC THE TEPIG and Mudkip
>blocky designs

yeah, no, nice try kid
>>
>>26094296
Another troll guys. Remember, RHI.
>>
>>26094267
Ohh I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>26094270
All that is subjective. Both sides of this argument seem to forget that. I could just as easily write a counterargument for everything you just said.
>>
>>26094296
There's been multiple challenges presented for things like timestamps and the like.
This is the workings of a small group or more likely a single person. The only folks "supporting" is the guy in /vp/ and youtubers fishing for views.
>>
>>26094311
nice blog post
>>
>>26094311
You really couldn't, but you're welcome to try. Don't mind if I RHI you though, k.
>>
toost
>>
>>26094315
EXACTLY
WELCOME TO OPINIONS
THE FACT THAT YOU THINK GAME FREAK WOULD NEVER MAKE THESE IS MEANINGLESS!
MASUDA DOESNT CARE
MASUDA HAS HIS OWN AGENDA
>>
>>26094308
Of course . Glad to help.
>>
>>26094321
Feel free, the mods won't do shit, kid
>>
>>26094296
Oh look, another denialfag saying they're not real because they're """ugly""
>>
>>26094301
i was obviously talking about how theyre ugly as shit
>>
>>26094321
>announcing reports

:^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>26094315
As could anyone anon. That's not the point. No one can prove or disprove, and so we must simply discuss.
>>
>>26094296
>HOW COULD MASUDA BETRAY MY IMAGINARY RULES WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>26094316

That youtube fishing is kind of disgusting 2bh

This is clearly a bunch of underage faggots in their little IRC or skype group trying to be le epic raiders. I honestly can't think of a more forced meme.
>>
>>26094333
Isn't this whole argument pointless then? Shouldn't we just do our best to wait for the starters to be officially revealed? This whole damn argument boils down to:

>This is my opinion
>Well this is MY opinion so yours is automatically wrong
>commence shitposting for three months
>>
>>26094353
Refer to >>26094267
>>
>>26094360

>I REFUSE TO ACCEPT PEOPLE DONT AGREE WITH ME
Nice tinfoil hat, retard. Your Mom buy it for you?
>>
>>26094358
underage: the post
>>
>>26094353
To announce a report, a report must actually be done. I have not announced a report, nor have I reported, but you're more than welcome to keep trying. RHI.
>>
>>26094368
He clearly said in his post that he reported me. Announcing reports is against the rules :^)
>>
>>26094365
Exactly. There's nothing we can do till official information comes to light, info from a reliable source.
>>
>>26094374
denial: the faggot
>>
>>26094379
>Don't mind if I RHI you though

that is you announcing that you are reporting me, which is against the rules, rulebreaker :^)
>>
>>26094360
I'm drawing a blank too.
YouTube I can understand but /vp/ ... like what's the endgame? What does he get out of posting all these threads?
>>
>>26094391
>>
>>26094392
What's up newfag!
Guess what, if he doesn't actually report you, it's not breaking shit.
>>
>>26094360
Nah. We're just a bunch of people like you who want news about Sun/Moon, and are just clinging to the belief that these starters might be real leaks. The only valid argument we have is that they haven't been disproven yet, really. The hate is understandable.

I personally don't watch the poketuber videos. They're all bullshit. I don't know about the rest of these people though.
>>
>>26094399
denial: the faggot
>>
>>26094400
How do you know if he did or didn't? He said he did, so that's what we have to assume he did. :^)
>>
>>26094390

We can certainly conclude that these abysmal designs are not real Pokemon.
>>
>>26094392
It is not. RHI is a set of options. It is not me announcing that I will do anything, unless you break rules, which, unfortunately, you haven't done yet. Refer to
>>26094267
See? Stop being annoying now, please, or you will just look stupider than you already do.
>>
>>26094411

>We
Dropped
>>
>>26094405
>>
>>26094411
We can. The one owlfag can not.
>>
>>26094412
Ignore these guys, seriously. This thread died so fast, and it's only 1-2 people spamming this shit.
>>
>>26094368
Thank you , but I doubt he'll listen. Trolls never do. Just ignore him.
>>
>>26094412
You literally said you were going to report hide ignore me

Thats you announcing your report, rulebreaker :^)
>>
>>26094400
Dub dubs confirm it.
>>
>>26094422
You seem to be doing a pretty pisspoor job of ignoring me so far, rulebreaker :^)
>>
>>26094427
Dubs don't mean shit little boy :^) Go back to /b/
>>
>>26094410
I did not say that . I asked, don't mind if I RHI you then. That implies that I could also Hide, or Ignore you. I'm Hiding you, btw.
>>
>>26094425
>Spamming this same argument over and over

Jesus Christ.
I don't necessarily think RHI is a good thing to spam back at trolls, it just sounds like something a kindergardener teacher would chant, but the entire point of referring you to this post >>26094267 was to show you RHI is supposed to be options, not steps, you fucking retard.
>>
File: KC0rBPS.png (773 KB, 1072x724) Image search: [Google]
KC0rBPS.png
773 KB, 1072x724
>>26094402

I'm not desperate enough for leaks to believe that shitowl and friends are legitimate. They make these look like real Pokemon.

I'm just floored that shitposters picked such obvious fakes, and are so autistically persistent in forcing them.
>>
>>26094434
You didn't ask, if you asked you would have put a question mark afterwards you retarded rulebreaker :^)
>>
>>26094444
>The one that looks like a Nintendog.
Kek
>>
>>26094442
Go away rulebreaker shill, I dont have time for you :^)
>>
>>26094428
>>26094432
>>26094425
Ah, I see now. So, there's only you, and you're samefagging. Ok guy, he's BTFO now. Just ignore him , and continue as you were.
>>
>>26094444
>eyedol
>starym
>shelloss
>nintendog
>totoro sleeping
>spoink powerpoint
>the robot from BW2
>generic fishmon
>ice goat
>laurelman thief
WASTED
A
S
T
E
D
>>
Dumb RHIposters
>>
>>26094444
Checked, my friend.

I agree it's silly to put 100% faith for or against owl and friends. But with the lack of information we've gotten from GF, and this particular "leak" surviving for so long is all we got for now.

If you scroll up you'll see we've been having tame conversations before these actual shitposters arrived. We're not ALL braindead.
>>
>>26094455
>samefagging

Ahh, the battlecry of someone with no arguments left, It's music to my ears :^)
>>
>>26094444
This. Fuck.
>>
>>26094468
>>26094458
>>26094450
Remember folks, to keep a tame thread, you must not feed the trolls. RHI.
>>
>>26094449
>>26094456
>nintendog
>not knowing iggy from jojo's bizarre adventure
>>
>>26094485
You've been doing a pretty garbage job of not feeding the trolls so far you fucking idiot
>>
>>26094485
Does this shitposting count as flooding/spamming a thread?
>>
>>26094484
Anon, you must be 18+ to post on 4chan. Please leave.
>>
>>26094490
you are literally fourteen
>>
>>26094485
>posts this

>>26094495
>posts this immediately after

Uhhh you're not doing a very good job at following your own advice, friendo.
>>
>>26094490
>>26094494
This is spam. To be rid of it, and bait like it , simply hide them.
>>
>>26094499
Sorry for calling him out on responding to obvious bait, you shithead
>>
>>26094504
Stating a rule is not feeding the troll my friend. How they react can often be their undoing.
>>
I don't think gamefreak would fuck up and use a green owl, which is a symbol in many pedophile rings, as a starter. Especially after bulbapedo getting negative attention.

Think about the obstacles they've overcome, hell, even the bible belt saying pokemon was the devil because of evolution . It's nuts to really look at the hurdles and hoops they've gone through over the years.
>>
>>26094444
I-Is that... Iggy?
>>
>>26094485
>>26094495

Little babby rulebreaker can't follow his own advice? Who would have known?? Awww :^^^))))
>>
>>26094518
>green owl, which is a symbol in many pedophile rings,
uh source?
>>
All tripfags and RHIposters should leave this thread, it's past their bedtimes :^)
>>
>>26094518
Only in America anon. In the rest of the world, not so much , and in Japan, no problem at all. You have to remember, they have a different culture. They have no age of consent, and many things that are taboo here, such as being gay, is actually very normal there.
>>
>>26094532
>>26094542
Ignore. Troll.
>>
>>26094545
>They have no age of consent

LMAO shows what you fucking know, you probably jack off to loli porn you sick fuck
>>
>>26094542

You realize you're the one who came in here and invaded this thread, emoticon faggot?

And don't think I don't remember you from that world map thread. You do this for fun don't you? Your life that pathetic, kid?

You're a fucking teenager wasting his time shitposting on an anonymous pokemon forum. Fucking savage.

Fall on a knife :^)
>>
>>26094515
why the fuck do you want to spend your time shitposting like this? you must literally have nothing going on at all
>>
>>26094557
>He says unironically as he wastes his time shitposting in an owlfag thread
>>
>>26094554
But you're not ignoring me, you literally just responded to my posts you little angry baby
>>
>>26094518
That would be pretty dumb of them. Kind of makes me want it to be real now so I can laugh down the road about it.
>>
>>26094556
This is my first time on /vp/ in a while actually I left after batwings got debunked :^)
>>
>>26094557
>>26094555
Reminder, trolls will say anything to piss you off, or imply that you're the one in the wrong. Like above, you must simply not give them the satisfaction of a response.
>>
>>26094554
You don't ignore people by quoting them and chanting RHI. Please stop embarrassing yourself, I like you.

This is worse than that kid who posted his drawing.
>>
>>26094577
IGNORED

>>26094573
IGNORED
>>
>>26094576
But you just responded to them, giving them satisfaction you idiot
>>
>>26093082
I think they're fake as fuck and this is a big ebin maymay perpetuated by kids that only stay on /vp/ which is a relatively slow board. However, I'd be down for a real dolphin starter
>>
>>26094576
Okay now I'm 99% sure you're trolling as well.

>don't give them the satisfaction of a response
>QUOTES THEM
>>
>>26093744
When did GF registred them? I can't find it on serebii.
>>
>>26094585
IGNORED

>>26094590
IGNORED
>>
>>26094577
>I like you.

Pathetic, fawning over a 4chan tripfag like he actually means anything to anyone on this website :^^))))

Rulebreaker scum I have no tolerance for people like him or you :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>26094595
ignored :^)
>>
>>26094600
IGNORED
>>
>>26094609
ignored :^^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>26094608
IGNORED

>>26094617
IGNORED
>>
File: '.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
'.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>26094208
>You realize that you're not a child, right? If you were, you couldn't be here.
>>
I wonder how many RHIfags are going to keep responding to me like idiots tbqhwyl
>>
Let me put it this way. If you can't tell what a troll is, you're stupid. If you think I'm a troll, you're blind, and you shouldn't be here. If you respond to a troll, which I have not done, then you are feeding it. If you come across a troll, RHI. If you aren't sure about them being a troll, ask me.
>>
>>26094678
This is honestly pathetic at this point, if you're not trolling
Please stop
>>
>>26094690
ikr! *brofists* .>///<
>>
>>26094586
It has 2ch status, so it's not likely.
>>
File: pokemon starters.png (68 KB, 820x415) Image search: [Google]
pokemon starters.png
68 KB, 820x415
4/28/16

>PEOPLE ARE STILL DENYING THEM
>>
Honestly, I'd say they're real, but that's just my opinion, and I could easily be wrong.
>>
>>26094748

Bye. Hope you know what's coming. You broke a global rule repeatedly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.