[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we say some genuinely nice things about whichever gen we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: megainfernape.png (813 KB, 1286x733) Image search: [Google]
megainfernape.png
813 KB, 1286x733
ITT: we say some genuinely nice things about whichever gen we like the least. Passive-aggressive compliments are discouraged. Please, try your best.

Gen III
>It introduced the Spheal line, which is really, really cute.
>It introduced the Battle Factory, which is one of my favorite additions to the games.
>The box legends are all really solid designs.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Gen 2
>comfiest towns/cities at night and the Ruins of Alph is among the only memorable/atmospheric dungeons in the main series
>>
Gen 4
>best cries desu
>Starters were decent
>Champion theme was great
>>
Gen IV:
>comfy as fuck, beautiful music and calm atmosphere
>had some real difficult moments, which is rare in pokemon games.
>>
Gen VI
All the new Kalos Pokémon are inoffensive and relatively decent
>>
Gen 3

Crawdaunt
Only gen with Grass/Dark Pokemon, a really cool type combination
May's breasts
>>
gen 3
>introduced abilities
>>
>>26079160
>It introduced the Spheal line, which is really, really cute.

Walrein is ugly as fuck though
>>
>>26079264
take that negativity elsewhere, pal
>>
>Gen VI
It has some great Pokemon, like Noivern and Tyrantrum
>>
Gen II
>extremely comfortable
>day/night
>felt like a real adventure
>amazing sequel
>I actually like unown
>>
Gen V had a couple great adds like Hydreigon, Scolipede, and Ferrothorn. Black people are also cool
>>
Gen V
>Difficult areas with easier ways to farm levels
>Lots of variety in trainers, some healed you, some gave you items afterwards
>>
File: 1429481553268.jpg (66 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1429481553268.jpg
66 KB, 480x640
>>26079160

Gen V

>Felt fresh and contrasted with HG/SS comfort
>Hidden Abilities
>Some of the cutest first stage pokemon
>>
Gen 4
>It introduced the physical/special split
>>
Gen IV

>Had some good aesthetics location-wise
>I like the Platinum pc outfits
>Bunneary
>>
I truly like all gens but if I absolutely have to pick, it's gen 2. So
>>26079183
>>26079336
And girafarig is my 6th fav Pokemon
>>
>>26079594
This. I hate everything else about gen 4
>>
Gen One
>began Pokèmon
>a handful of mons that would make my top 25
>some of the original frontsprites look neat
>no natures, so ingame won't be interrupted by my autism
>Leaf technically gen three but still
>>
Gen V
>it introduced a lot of Pokémon I really liked, and Join Avenue seemed like a concept that could have been cool
>>
Gen V

>Some really really fucking fantastic music
>Lots of really unique mechanics like seasons
>The habitat list
>The sequels truly felt like entirely new games instead of the original pair with a coat of paint
>BW2 in general and how much it improved on BW
>The black tower challenge was pretty cool
>>
>Gen 1
Introduced the Jigglypuff line. Golem's pretty cool, too.

Also allowed mons like Kingdra, Crobat, Scizor, Steelix, Politoed, Tangrowth, Rhyperior, and Magnezone to exist.
>>
>gen 5
going in blind and discovering darumaka as a small dorky looking basic pokemon that happened to tear the face off everything with a funny thrash animation is a highlight of the series for me
>>
Gen 3
Gave us Metagross
thats it
>>
>>26079798
I discourage your passive-aggressive comment.
>>
>>26079697
From this list I'm having a hard time believing gen V is your least favourite. You honestly would have a better time with Red/Blue now than Black2/White2?
>>
>>26079819
It's okay if it's Gen 3. Gen 3 was pretty damn bad.
>>
>>26079835
that's me being as positive as I can be about the games really, I don't really hate any generation so it has its positives. While I wouldn't prefer playing RBY now I wouldn't consider it my least favourite purely because it's just aged horribly. Gen V on the other hand just never really appealed to me from the beginning. But I will admit there's a lot of positives - just not as much as I find in other generations.
>>
>>26079160
Gen II:
> I actually really like the Rival and Kanto gym leader themes
>being able to get the other version's cover legendary in the post game
>Introduced the battle tower, which opened the way for the Frontier
And I'll put this one just as a side note, it laid the groundworks for HGSS, which I really do like.
>>
File: 8d0[1].jpg (18 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
8d0[1].jpg
18 KB, 500x500
>>26079852
>Dissing one of the best gens
>>
>>26079852
kill yourself
>>
Gen IV

>has Bidoof, the best derp, and Biberal, one of the best HM slaves.
>Gym leaders were in an interesting order and are very inoffensive.
>best Champion hands down.
>had Pokemon like the Shinx and Driftloon lines
>a whopping 29 Pokemon were related to previous generations, revitalizing some Pokemon while also tying the series closer together.
>>
File: 1336353429792.jpg (361 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
1336353429792.jpg
361 KB, 600x429
Gen IV

>Thank you based Global Trade Center for allowing me to complete a pokedex for the first time
>Sinnoh Underground was a lot of fun
>Really fun E4 and Champion
>>
Gen II
>it brought Ash and Misty back even though they got Ash's name wrong
>>
>>26079930
I mean, when you get right down to it none of the gens are particularly bad. Each had a goal it set out to do, and achieved them. 1 and 2 really are two halves of the original plan, so you can't really judge them separately. 3 was supposed to be a hard solid middle ground, and 4 as garnish to the previous generations. 5 was a soft reboot that encouraged gen mixing- something that gen 6 with the technical update took full advantage of. Caves were no longer home to only Geodudes and Zubats. Now we had Roggenrola, Woobat, Durant, Whismur, etc to add much needed variety to routes. X and Y had one of the best progressions simply because there was so much choice in each route. You could practically make a new team every gym and still be mostly balanced.
>>
Gen VI
>It introduced Greninja

Uhm, well, I guess that's about it.
>>
>>26080069
Forgetting:

>Tyrantrum
>Noivern
>Aegislash
>3D models
>>
File: 1450145822066.gif (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450145822066.gif
12 KB, 500x500
>>26079160
Gen 4 introduced the physical-special split.
It also allowed people to play battle tower over wifi, a feature that for some reason never came back.

Doesn't make up for its flaws but still worthy features.
>>
File: u1UMCg1.jpg (115 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
u1UMCg1.jpg
115 KB, 720x960
>>26080069
>liking Narutoad
>>
>>26079160
Gen 2 has some of the best music. It also has really great Pokémon, too bad it's either hidden in a swarm, up a tree or in Kanto
This isn't your hugbox kiddo, imma be as passive aggressive as I want.
>>
Gen 5 have us N, which is one of my favorite TCG supporters.
>>
>>26079160
Gen 3 us abilities and the revamped EVs and IVs, which is nice.

Runner up: Gen 6 provided megas. 10/10 feature right there.
>>
>>26079264
I don't think so, the 3D model in XY makes it even better than in the sprites.
>>
Gen One

>Started pokemon
>best evil team with the best girls
>onix is based as fuck and the preevolved form of my bro steelix

All I can really think of for now.
>>
>>26079160
Because of the Pokeboom, I never had more fun playing and talking about Pokemon than with 1st Gen.

The Pokeboom from 1998-2000 was really quite an experience especially if you lived it as the target demographic at the time and I feel sorry for anon who is a fan of Pokemon today who never got to really live it.

I think the number of anons who never got to see the pokeboom is only going to rise since the minimum age of people who would remember that whole period in full would be around 23-24 years old now.
>>
Gen 6 had better pokemon than Gen 5, although I like the Ice Cream cone desu
>>
Gen II:
>The day & night system was really nice and I wish they would bring mechanics related to it (If you headbutted certain trees during certain times of the day you would find sleeping pokemon)
>Introduced Ledian, Donphan, Ampharos, Gligar, Quilava and existence & Morty.
>Helped bring Togekiss, Yanmega, Mamoswine & Porygon-Z into existence.
>Ruins of Alph is probably one of the most memorable places in the series not from Gen I.
>>
>>26080050
Ash never really appeared in the video games, unless you count Puzzle League
>>
Gen III added Tropius and Crawdaunt, which both rock. And Abilities. And that's it, mostly.
>>
>>26080440
He was referring to Red
>>
Gen 6:
- Besides from one or two abominations (ahem, Aromatisse and Barbaracle), Gen 6 probably has the overall most creative designs
- The new features in XY are pretty cool
- The DexNav is amazing, too bad it'll go missing without explanation in SuMo
>>
Gen 5:
>3d graphics turned out great
>Gym mazes were cool
>Most of the themes were pretty good with a different style
>>
>>26080272
I think we're in a bit of a renasance right now due to the nostalgia Pokemon now carries. It hasn't been this acceptable to be into Pokemon since the boom period itself
>>
>>26080272
>people were in college during PokéMania
>>
>>26079160
Gen II:
>Had a very awesome, fun-packed postgame (at least in HGSS), and was instrumental in Pokemon becoming as huge as it has
>>
>>26079160
Gen 6

It made certain mons viable though mega evolution

Trainer Customizationfor unique PSS search and while battling (although it may be region unique)

Really like the nice designs of pokegirls and mon's of the region.

Makes Training up for competitive battling easier level (exp share)+ev (horde battle)
>>
>>26079852
I agree anon, Hoenn is shit, but it looks nice though, that plus original battle frontier
>>
Gen 3
>The Battle Frontier was a good idea
>The game looks great and the new style was ok
>Good battle themes
>Better multiplayer
>they started making better pokegirls
>>
File: 1444155729950.jpg (25 KB, 550x475) Image search: [Google]
1444155729950.jpg
25 KB, 550x475
>>26079160
Gen V

>It tried to further the story and ended up doing an ok job in addressing the "Pokemon is pretty much Dogfighting" argument
>Aimed for a greyer area instead of flat out boring, done to death, black or white morality ironically
>Many of the pokemon design retreads improved on their original inspiration
>>
Gen 2 had probably the best Post-E4 content out of any game ever and the phone/time cycle were cool additions to make the game feel more alive.
>>
Gen 6

>Majority of the Pokemon designs are really nice and are a big step up from gen 5's.

>Trainer customization is a feature that needed to be implemented and they did it pretty well, it was interesting seeing all kinds of outfits that were being put together and it's a shame they didn't bring it back for the remakes.

>Made breeding a hell of a lot easier.
>>
>>26079160
Gen IV
> Physical/Special split.
> Gliscor
> The DPPT arc in pokemon special is one of my favourite ones.
>>
Gen V had a few nice designs. That's about it.
>>
Gen lV

Some incredibly solid evo lines.
I enjoyed playing dress-up far more than I should have.
Fairy wound up revitalizing the game a bit, not ruining it forever like I initially thought it would.
My mind blew a little the first time I used the stick to break from the grid.
>>
File: 1385952681816.jpg (3 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
1385952681816.jpg
3 KB, 140x140
Gen I

>Slowpoke line, love mah slowpokes
>The difficulty was at its best
>No IV's, Natures and other competitive shit
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.