[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Face it boys, we're fucked. The anime is filler stalling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: marxist_lesbian_tits.png (394 KB, 504x505) Image search: [Google]
marxist_lesbian_tits.png
394 KB, 504x505
Face it boys, we're fucked.

The anime is filler stalling for the arrival of more filler.

They're too busy cranking out games every two years to get any of them up to anything vaguely resembling modern standards.

The community is overrun with furries, SJWs, hebrews, and zoophiles.

What's the point?

Honestly, please give me a fucking reason not to quit this, Pokémon is like one of 5 things keeping me from jumping in front of a fucking train right now and its falling to pieces.
>>
At least wait and see what SM is like before dropping out. I hated the shit out of Gen 6, but I still won't rule out that it was just a fluke.
>>
>>26077396

I have to say, at least they managed to shift into 3D better than Mega Man or Sanic did.
>>
>>26077344
>still watching the anime
The anime has been formulaic bullshit for at least 15 years.

>implying the games are complete trash
They're average quality because they're trying to one-up previous games while still sticking to their game formula. They're passable, though.

>COMMUNITY ANYTHING
Literally why?
>>
File: 1446317884863.png (1 MB, 1053x620) Image search: [Google]
1446317884863.png
1 MB, 1053x620
>>26077435
They're still far too attached to grid based map design. Back when the games were actually 2D, it was fine but now it just looks jarring.
>>
>>26077440
This, pretty much. The only thing I could add is that the metagame and battling online with people is pretty neat. Sure, it's saturated with a lot of the same strategies, but what metagame isn't?
>>
>>26077467

even as someone who enjoyed Gen 6, the idea that such simple changes that were fully within the 3DS's capacity could have made the game look so much better.

I just hope Yokai Watch lights a fire under GF's ass for Sun/Moon.

Also, the "hebrews" have nothing to do with Pokémon, stop smoking crack kiddo.
>>
>>26077467
Children cannot handle 3D game spaces according to Nintendo devs. So Game Freak likely agrees and keeps the grid format.

One interview with a female dev for Chibi Robo Zip Lash said instead of making a regular Chibi Robo game thats 3D they went with generic 2D platforming because today's children are more retarded than ever before.
>>
>>26077608
Holy fuck...
Kids these days are literally unredeemable for they retardness, and I don't think they are getting any better growing up, considering how much they spent on memesites and how much this fries their already retarded brain.
>>
They've got one more chance, and they're lucky I'm giving them that. If we get nothing next month, then I'm sorry, but you just lost anyone that wants to pay attention at all.
>>
>>26077717
Nice generalizations
>>
>>26077716
Here, I even nabbed you the source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/10/16/chibi-robo-not-3d/

But yeah. Me personally, I believe it's the parents' fault 100% for not regulating their children and what they spend their time doing/what website they go to, etc. Of course, these same parents are the decadent ones from the 90's so they'd blame companies instead of themselves because their hubris is astronomic. And then you see the shit game companies have to deal with and sacrifice accordingly.
>>
>>26077344

That's how Japanese TV is in general.

Japanese TV doesn't do reruns or hiatuses.

Taking a break means losing your timeslot, so they have to keep churning out episodes. Hence why anime has so much filler.
>>
>>26077344
>the community is overrun with furries, sjws, hebrews, and zoophiles
The SJW thing is silly reactionary nonsense. It's a childrens' game what do you expect there to be in it? The hebrew bullshit leads me to assume you're from /pol/. Don't get uppity either. I'm a frequenter. I've heard every argument from your side.

But the community is overrun by furries. It comes with the territory. It's also overrun by sanic deviantart tier autist which are equally bad if not worse. In addition every Ashimefag is a definite bad influence on the franchise because their tastes are god fucking awful and they lap up shit. Then you have the late gen fags who think GF needs to double down on the kind of story telling they've been failing at for 3 gens now. These are also the kind that think Gen 4 and 5 legendaries were ok. You also have waifufags.
None of these things alone would be bad if not for GF catering to them. The thing with these kinds of idiots is that they would be happy either way because they are delusional and can convince themselves to like anything. They are not good quality control people, however they are happy with anything. The furries would find furry pokemon to fap to. GF doesn't need to make blatant furfag designs or implications. The waifufags will turn every female character into a waifu. GF doesn't need to create lolicon bullshit to appease them. The fags who want the story telling of Gen 4, 5, and 6 will honestly defend any kind of story telling on GFs part. GF should stick to more down to earth plots they can manage with their horrible writing or hire the people who make Mystery Dungeon. The people who like Gen 4 and 5 legendaries have low attention spans and really only care about novelty. Tone down the designs and they'll still get excited with events but the quality doesn't suffer.
>>
File: 1459860909923.png (1 MB, 1482x1442) Image search: [Google]
1459860909923.png
1 MB, 1482x1442
>>26077996
The Ashime fags have demonstrated their lack of discerning capability. They are happy with literal shit. Pokemon that originate in their shitty show should not find themselves in the games. Additionally they should axe the show and let the people who made Origins and the BW2 trailer take over. Ashime fags pretend they don't like this but I guarantee they would come around.
>>
>>26077344
Gen 6 is better than gen 4 or 5 so things are already on the up and up. No reason to suddenly call this the quitting point unless you're just looking for an excuse.
>>
just kill yourself if it means that much to you. honestly.
>>
>>26078011
>and let the people who made Origins and the BW2 trailer take over

That was the same staff.
>>
>>26078143
Then axing the Ashime should free them up to make a better show. They are demonstrably capable of it.
>>
>>26077344
Go ahead and quit. GTFO.
>>
>>26078011
Origins was much worse than the real show though. And BW2's trailer was shit compared to ORAS'.
>>
>>26078154
The problem is that anime's purpose is to be a nonstop commercial for a multi-media megaseries, so it's very difficult to keep quality consistent. Especially if you also have to stick with the main character.
>>
>>26078169
>And BW2's trailer was shit compared to ORAS'.

ORAS's trailer was good for about 20 seconds and then it turned into another generic Mega showcase. They didn't even show either of the evil Teams.
>>
>>26078154
>short animated versions of ingame scenes with nothing tying them together
>fucking Origins
>good
tip kok
>>
>>26078169
>Origins was much worse than that Ashime
Nigga nothing is worse than the Ashime, not even a 4 episode promotional piece.
>>
>>26078344
Somehow Origins managed that.
>>
>>26078212
Pretty sad when short animated versions of ingame scenes with nothing tying them together is better than a syndicated decently funded full production show, isn't it?
>>
>>26078363
I'm sure you'll feel that way as an Ashimefag. You guys are so defensive.

>yes it's fucking good, just watch it already!
>>
>>26077344
Just leave.
>>
>>26078383
I'm not even the anon you replied to originally.
>>
>>26078368
Yeah, just like it's sad that a one hour movie is better than a decently funded full TV series, right?

Do you even understand how budgets work?

And I assume you mean better animation-wise, since there was no story to it.
>>
>>26078435
>there was no story to it
Compared to that ashime which wastes entire seasons on sending team rocket flying off again, it was fucking Shakespearean.
>>
>>26078469
>I literally have no argument so I'll just say le ashnime le sucks a lot
>>
>>26077344
>They're too busy cranking out games every two years to get any of them up to anything vaguely resembling modern standards.
So, horribly glitchy with poor controls that sells entirely on hype rather than competent gameplay?
>>
>>26077537
>I just hope Yokai Watch lights a fire under GF's ass for Sun/Moon.
It won't, YW is dying in japan and hasn't taken off in the west.
>>
>>26077716

At least two or three times a week, I see some little kid toddling behind their parents with a 2DS running X, Y, or ORAS.

THere's at least a small amount of hope.
>>
>>26077842

but digimon actually had satisfactory conclusions to each arc.

the only conclusion in pokemon is ash losing a league championship and going to a new region every three years
>>
>>26077344

then stop reading vp kid, an start enjoying games, xy/xyz anime is fun and Im almost 30

I was not watching pkmn anime since end of ag so... I guess it get better with kalos
>>
>>26078549
It's also super casual, so if anything it'd just lead to GF dumbing shit down even more so kids won't get bored by difficulty.
>>
File: npXGxg3.jpg (56 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
npXGxg3.jpg
56 KB, 640x456
>>26077344

>marxist_lesbian_tits.png
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.